I wanna try a genny - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I wanna try a genny

Senior Member Verified Member JohnnyEars's Avatar

RSST with the pyrex tank is a good starter genny - even better if you can get the chamber reducer add on. Like others have said, the insulated wick holes make using mesh a little easier.
    Blackboar likes this.

Super Member Verified Member

The Pyrex RSST is a great genny. I've had mine for about 2 months now. I have Kayfun Lite+ that I've been using for about 3 months. Both serve me well. A lot of people don't favor genies because they are more work to set up. But I can say after setting up the RSST a couple of times, it takes me no longer to rewick the RSST as it does the Kayfun. With a bit of practice, I'll have a new SS mesh wick and coil in it, filled and ready to go in about 15 minutes.

A couple tips on SS mesh. Torching it really we'll helps tremendously with dealing with the shorts. Pulsing it on a mech vs a regulated mod has much less headaches, just be mindful to use a 1/2 charged battery and do quick pulses.

Have fun with it! It's definitely a great vape!

Ultra Member Verified Member Maurice Pudlo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tbev View Post
    I have just about every genny around and I recommend the pulse genny, you will have a hard time finding one but the clones are good too. They are the best flavor out of anything I've used and they work best with single coil setup and the reducer, plus it doesn't have all the extra heavy metal around like a turbine or kraken to hold heat and it's definitely better than any aga.
    I have to second this opinion, the Pulse G is a very nicely designed genesis atomizer with an especially large number of options as far as to how you can build it.

In general genesis atomizers are getting a bad rap because they take skill to build, for those who use them they are loved because they are a thing of beauty that works well.

Maurice

Kyi
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am also curious about trying a genesis style but the whole mesh thing turns me off a bit. Seems more... intimidating to work with. I'm also quite comfortable with my kayfuns but I may try a genny in the future. How does it vape compared to something like the kayfun? Or shall I say, what are its vaping differences compared to something like the kayfun and why would one prefer a genesis style over a rebuildable tank or dripping style atomizer?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just my opinion, But for my money, the best genny out there right now is the Kraken.
    WattWick, milescadre and SteamHead like this.
    There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who will ask: "What the heck just happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rule62 View Post
    Just my opinion, But for my money, the best genny out there right now is the Kraken.
    just got one and wont look back.

Adjustable air flow, single or dual coil options, very nice atty.

Got dual ribbon coils on mine, total resistance is around 0.49 ohms and its vaping like a champ, even without tilting mesh wicks too, though I havent let it go too far blow half so far.
    No, the penguin doesnt have a death wish. just a very awkward sense of humor :3

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by milescadre View Post
    just got one and wont look back.

Adjustable air flow, single or dual coil options, very nice atty.

Got dual ribbon coils on mine, total resistance is around 0.49 ohms and its vaping like a champ, even without tilting mesh wicks too, though I havent let it go too far blow half so far.
    I run mine about the same way, except I don't use ribbon wire. Dual mesh wicks. About .5 ohm.
    There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who will ask: "What the heck just happened?"

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kyi View Post
    I am also curious about trying a genesis style but the whole mesh thing turns me off a bit. Seems more... intimidating to work with. I'm also quite comfortable with my kayfuns but I may try a genny in the future. How does it vape compared to something like the kayfun? Or shall I say, what are its vaping differences compared to something like the kayfun and why would one prefer a genesis style over a rebuildable tank or dripping style atomizer?
    The biggest difference between a well setup Genesis and a KFL, is that the coil and SS wick on the Gen will last for a month or more without replacing it. Where as on a KFL the wick will need replacing every couple of days using cotton and most other wicks. The flavor will be comparable and the vapor production is a little better on the Gen. The build is easier on a KFL, but you're required to do it a lot more often. I hope that helps.
    Kyi, cindycated and SteamHead like this.

Full Member Verified Member

When I first got my Kraken, I kept stubbornly trying to get the wrong size SS Rope to fit using dual coils, which didn't work and I gave up on it. Being that it looks so darn pretty (naval brass ...), I picked it back up again several weeks later and gave cotton a try with dual coils. Nope.. dry hits like crazy. Couldn't take it out with me either, so I basically viewed it as an oversized dripper.. kind of awkward with no real use.

Finally, several months later, just recently actually, I finally picked up some mesh and decided to build it the way gennies were intended. Single coil with a ss mesh wick. (albeit, 6strands of 32g twisted, .7ohms. :>)

Vapes wonderfully now. Glad I stuck with it. Gennies are a unique vape, mesh gives more of a crisp taste than a dense taste. Not a dripper, not a kayfun, but definitely worthwhile. Great, warrrm flavor.
    WattWick and GeorgeWachsmuth like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Tinkiegrrl's Avatar

I managed with a cotton build on my Kraken. It was good, but wasn't worth it to me since it leaked on its side.

Pink Provari Mini, Red & Black Hybrid Provari Mini, Infinite Black Copper Stingray, Elcigart Hydra, IBTanked, Kayfun Lite, Erlkonigin, Tobh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast