Russian 91% Leaking

Thread: Russian 91% Leaking

Default Russian 91% Leaking

Hi All,

I seem to be having a leaking issue through both the air hole and the air adjustment screw.

All the o rings are seated correctly and my wick is fine, not blocking the juice channels at all.

Quite stumped with this one !

It's a authentic russian 91% with a 2.8ohm microcoil with organic cotton wick.

Any ideas?

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

See item #'s 4 & 8, and read the "boundary layer" hyperlink in item #5... here.

coil could possibly be too close to the center airhole, wicks could be too short or too dense, center post may not be tight enough-the one that holds the positive block in place(this is a common issue with russian 91%'s), other than that i can only think that o-rings are bad or something is not sealing properly, lotsa things to try , also hopw are u filling the atty

PV Exporer/Juice Saucier Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The main cause of leaking/flooding, on the Russian is improper filling technique, if top filling, it's easy to pressure flood the chamber, if filling through the screw hole, one can easily push juice into the chamber. Usually it can be vaped off, or blow cleared into a tissue.

Also, if using cotton, to much down in the juice deck can super flood it too. Hemp, Ramie and Rayon don't seem to cause the same problem, but with cotton once had to much in the Russian and the entire chamber was flooded.
    P.S.: the cat bites!
    and the chinchilla too!!

I always fill from the bottom.

I made a new build and it worked fine for a few minutes and the gurgling is back.

I think I lose the vacuum which leads to leaking but I cant figure out where it is coming from!

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

All my Kayfun leaks have been from faulty vacuum, nearly all times due to improper seal of the small oring between chimney and top cap. Can you try a different oring?

PS, it's issue #8 (last) on the link posted up-thread.
    Last edited by ForeverDiving; 09-03-2014 at 01:28 AM.
    Just when I thought pipe smoking was fussy... I found vaping is messy