REO Tips & Tricks...some basic troubleshooting ideas - Page 2
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree862Likes

Thread: REO Tips & Tricks...some basic troubleshooting ideas

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The best tip anyone ever gave me, when you want to taste a different flavor juice, just put a few drops in the overflow cup, the atty will suck it right up.
    Vaping since 11/24/10 Thank you ECF & www.reosmods.com

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mlinky View Post
    The best tip anyone ever gave me, when you want to taste a different flavor juice, just put a few drops in the overflow cup, the atty will suck it right up.
    That is a great one! It can be a fantastic way to do a little changeup without changing the whole bottle! =D

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CJLite View Post
    That's a brilliant dissertation, Doctor Murray! *clap, clap, clap*
    My next work: Boinging, Batts and Boba's Bounty.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

If your batteries begin to spark when you push the firing button down, don't keep doing it- your mod is shorting. Why is it shorting? It's not the REO itself...the likely problem is with your atty (atomizer). Take the atty off...put another one in and most likely your back to normal. It was a bad atty that was shorting within itself. If this happens, the hole Reo will feel like its corrupt but it's not.

This has happened to me once... Like an idiot, I changed batteries (thinking one was over-charged) and kept pushing the firing button and finally melted the button under the firing pin. The culprit was a bad atomizer...not the batteries and not the Reo itself. So, check your attys each time you change them out and make sure the center pin is in the center and not pushed in. If ever the small rubber (or is it silicone?) gasket between the center post and outer circle comes out or gets dislodged, the atty is toast- throw it away. It's not worth shorting out batteries and/or melting parts of your Reo because of a bad atty.

Vaping Since 12/20/10 With No Analogs. REO 4 The Win!
    Donate to WE ARE VAPERS: www.indiegogo.com/WeAreVapers
    Join CASAA and Help Win the Fight! (it's Free!!):
    casaa.org

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Talking

If you ever drop your REO, here's what you must do:

1. Pick up your REO and inspect it. It's probably fine.
    2. Inspect your atty/carto/drip tip. They are more likely to have suffered damage. Replace as necessary.
    3. Find a pile of dirt.
    4. Throw yourself in the dirt.
    5. Get up and dust yourself off.
    6. Vape into a coma.
    RIMP, AmnNate, dopeh and 4 others like this.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran redeyedancer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
    If you ever drop your REO, here's what you must do:

1. Pick up your REO and inspect it. It's probably fine.
    2. Inspect your atty/carto/drip tip. They are more likely to have suffered damage. Replace as necessary.
    3. Find a pile of dirt.
    4. Throw yourself in the dirt.
    5. Get up and dust yourself off.
    6. Vape into a coma.
    nice

ECF Veteran

lol Love the Throw yourself in the dirt !

Remember.....not only is your Reo a vaping Monster...its also quite handy as a forehead thumping device Who needs mace if you're holding a Reo ??
    Uma likes this.
    http://www.bellyrubs.org Rescue/Adopt A Basset
    "Reo Mod's Rock My Vape" www.reosmods.com
    Vaping since October 3rd 2009

" Some people seem brighter after being set on fire "

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran debb's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sometimes when i refill juice...put everything back together and squonk...my reo doesn't feed...i have found the bottle lid wasn't tightened enough...everytime this has happened it was the bottle lid...so its good to check the lid before freaking out....like i did....lol
    Fleecelined likes this.

ECF Veteran

Clumsys Tip :

1) If you ever feel the button getting really stiff and hard to push. Robert usually sends a small ittsy bittsy baggie full of this silver gooey substance. This is called Noalox. Take out the battery of your Reo...underneath that button is a little firing pin thingy...and sometimes it needs a little lubrication. So, what I do is take a little bit of alcohol on a cue tip and clean it really well ( hold down the button while doing this ). The take another cue tip and put some of that Noalox on the end and while pushing down that activation button, apply that Noalox to that button underneath. Then work the button a few times before replacing the battery. This usually makes it alot easier.

2) Robert suggested way back about wrapping black electrical tape around your battery. Not only will this help with removing the batteries with ease ( leave a little lip overlap to grab )....it helps if your door is clanging a little bit...makes it flush.
    http://www.bellyrubs.org Rescue/Adopt A Basset
    "Reo Mod's Rock My Vape" www.reosmods.com
    Vaping since October 3rd 2009

" Some people seem brighter after being set on fire "

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TennDave View Post
    If your batteries begin to spark when you push the firing button down, don't keep doing it- your mod is shorting. Why is it shorting? It's not the REO itself...the likely problem is with your atty (atomizer). Take the atty off...put another one in and most likely your back to normal. It was a bad atty that was shorting within itself. If this happens, the hole Reo will feel like its corrupt but it's not.

This has happened to me once... Like an idiot, I changed batteries (thinking one was over-charged) and kept pushing the firing button and finally melted the button under the firing pin. The culprit was a bad atomizer...not the batteries and not the Reo itself. So, check your attys each time you change them out and make sure the center pin is in the center and not pushed in. If ever the small rubber (or is it silicone?) gasket between the center post and outer circle comes out or gets dislodged, the atty is toast- throw it away. It's not worth shorting out batteries and/or melting parts of your Reo because of a bad atty.
    im thinking of getting the screw on voltage tester that cov has to easily check this with out having to get my fluke out
    Even the smallest candle burns bright in darkness.

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast