Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: If the REO is your first mod (what you will need)

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by nocturn4l3030 View Post
    is this something i HAVE to do when i get my reo? whats the downside if i dont do this? is nealox something i can get at home depot? thx
    You will get a little plastic envelope with your metal REO that has a gray smudge in it. The smudge is noalox. Because it is an all mechanical device, the firing pin actually makes physical contact with the battery top to complete the circuit that fires your atomizer. The firing pin is metal and can get some oxidation on it. If it oxidizes, it can reduce the current from the battery or cause misfires.

Your new REO comes with noalox already applied to the firing pin. Most people put a tiny bit of noalox on about once a month, or if they notice any firing issues. I usually rinse my REO's out in hot water about once a week, clean the juice well, threads, and firing pin with a Q-Tip soaked in alcohol, and put a dab of noalox on the firing pin (or on the positive nipple of the battery).

You can get it at Home Depot, about $4-$5 in the electrical department.
    Last edited by mlinky; 06-02-2011 at 02:20 PM.
    Keekers likes this.
    Vaping since 11/24/10 Thank you ECF & www.reosmods.com

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

tyvm for the response! glad it comes with it at first -.- i bought enough stuff already .......

now i jus need that damn multimeter -.-;

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nocturn4l3030 View Post
    tyvm for the response! glad it comes with it at first -.- i bought enough stuff already .......

now i jus need that damn multimeter -.-;
    Multimeter

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mlinky View Post
    You will get a little plastic envelope with your metal REO that has a gray smudge in it. The smudge is noalox. Because it is an all mechanical device, the firing pin actually makes physical contact with the battery top to complete the circuit that fires your atomizer. The firing pin is metal and can get some oxidation on it. If it oxidizes, it can reduce the current from the battery or cause misfires.

Your new REO comes with noalox already applied to the firing pin. Most people put a tiny bit of noalox on about once a month, or if they notice any firing issues. I usually rinse my REO's out in hot water about once a week, clean the juice well, threads, and firing pin with a Q-Tip soaked in alcohol, and put a dab of noalox on the firing pin (or on the positive nipple of the battery).

You can get it at Home Depot, about $4-$5 in the electrical department.
    How u rinse your reo in hot water? By wiping it? And I heard we can use Vaseline instead of noalox? Is it true?
    Ihybrid . Zenesis . Katana . Orion . Chi You . GG . Shockwave . Caravela . Epipemods
    Hellfire . Senisis . Bliss . Z-atty-G/U . PFG . AGA-T2 . Penelope . Odysseus . Iatty . UFS . LavaGen . Trippy Tips

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Rhapsodies Fire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Painfreak View Post
    How u rinse your reo in hot water? By wiping it? And I heard we can use Vaseline instead of noalox? Is it true?
    Remove the battery, juice bottle, and atty from the REO. Turn your tap water on hot and hold the REO under the tap. Simple as that. Leave out over night to dry or use compressed air to blow the water out before you re-assemble. I don't know about the vaseline. What you have in the baggie should last you for at least a year.
    *edit...Vaseline is not recommended.
    Last edited by Rhapsodies Fire; 01-01-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Keekers likes this.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Painfreak View Post
    I turn on warm water in the faucet and run the water over the REO and through the feeding tube. NO to vaseline. Noalox is conductive and designed to reduce oxidation. Using vaseline would probably keep your REO from working properly.
    Vaping since 11/24/10 Thank you ECF & www.reosmods.com

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsodies Fire View Post
    Remove the battery, juice bottle, and atty from the REO. Turn your tap water on hot and hold the REO under the tap. Simple as that. Leave out over night to dry or use compressed air to blow the water out before you re-assemble. I don't know about the vaseline. What you have in the baggie should last you for at least a year.
    Oh simple as that? Cool thanks. So I'll need to get one more reo in other to leave my mini to dry overnight hahaha..
    Ihybrid . Zenesis . Katana . Orion . Chi You . GG . Shockwave . Caravela . Epipemods
    Hellfire . Senisis . Bliss . Z-atty-G/U . PFG . AGA-T2 . Penelope . Odysseus . Iatty . UFS . LavaGen . Trippy Tips

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mlinky View Post
    I turn on warm water in the faucet and run the water over the REO and through the feeding tube. NO to vaseline. Noalox is conductive and designed to reduce oxidation. Using vaseline would probably keep your REO from working properly.
    ok I almost got Vaseline the other day. I thought I should check with u guys before purchasing and luckily I did. thanks!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Guys help!

both my Mini n Grand. have inconsistent vapours/smoke? is it because of the battery? or the atty? or? please give me ur holy replies.

Thanks ....

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by vintage6767 View Post
    Guys help!

both my Mini n Grand. have inconsistent vapours/smoke? is it because of the battery? or the atty? or? please give me ur holy replies.

Thanks ....
    Post this in the Lounge big thread or start a new one so more folks can see it and respond.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast