spring just collapsed..
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: spring just collapsed..

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default spring just collapsed..

I have a brand new Reo's Woodvil mini, used it for less than a week and i just went to fire it up after changing juices and BOOM... it doesn't fire, i opened it to see if i had reinserted the battery upsidedown or something and as soon as i did i noted a smell of burnyness and my battery was loose in the box... the spring at the bottom was roaring hot.

what happened? i was just using a normal carto that i'd used on it for several days on the woovil...

is there a simple fix, did i do something wrong or is this just one of the hazards... i really hate to have spent over 200 dollars (mod and batteries) for a dud device...

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran redeyedancer's Avatar

There is no simple fix it has to come back to the shop .This has been happening more then I would like to see. I have found the problem and have been taking measures to make sure its not going to continue. I rebuilt close to 100 mods that were already built that I had in the shop last week . Send it to me there will be no charge for the repair .I feel bad but there is nothing I can do at this point but stand behind the mod and repair them
    Sterno, MXBNW, mlinky and 8 others like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedancer View Post
    There is no simple fix it has to come back to the shop .This has been happening more then I would like to see. I have found the problem and have been taking measures to make sure its not going to continue. I rebuilt close to 100 mods that were already built that I had in the shop last week . Send it to me there will be no charge for the repair .I feel bad but there is nothing I can do at this point but stand behind the mod and repair them
    WOW... thats a really stand up, honest answer, delivered promptly. I dont own a REO yet, but this sort of behavior makes me confident enough in you and your product to spend the money on one. Thank you.

Vaping Groovily! Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedancer View Post
    That is some speedy customer service my friend. I was watching this thread for a few minutes. Hats off to you and your business.

Best of luck with the repair too.
    Look how far we've come...

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Rhapsodies Fire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Jay...
    There was a short. So there is a couple of things that could have happened...the carto could have been screwed on too tight or has a break in the gasket or what I call the "insulator ring" This can be found between the center post & outer wall of the carto and the 510 connection on the mod itself. It is usually white or translucent white in color. The insulator gets squished or breaks and the post (positive) & outer wall (negative) can come into contact with each other causing the short. The spring collapsing is a good thing. It severs the battery connection so the battery doesn't burn up and damage it or the mod. The spring can be replaced. Send Rob a PM about what just happened. Include information like your name, your email address you used to place your order and what your setup is (battery, atty, etc). Send the mod to Rob and he'll fix it for you.

*edit...I see Rob's already on it

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Rob, you are the best!
    Sterno and lostknitter like this.
    Vaping since 11/24/10 Thank you ECF & www.reosmods.com

Full Member Verified Member

i have the grand and this happened to me also. not only did the spring collapse but the button melted so it no longer worked without sticking in the firing position. also caused the plastic casing at top that covers the metal firing trigger melted enough so that it no longer stays in place, it droops. i dont have a backup vape so i pulled out button and turned it 180 degrees and just pulled the spring up after it cooled cant do anything about casing. would love to send it to be fixed but afraid i would go back to smoking cigs during the wait.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'll second that! Rob rules!

Red and Black Reo Grand, Baby Black and Silver Mini, Black oo, Black IPro with M1A1 Tanks and a Black and Silver Reo Grand in my hand.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

rob, no problem, will do that first thing tomorrow... (its too late to do now on sunday)

don't feel too bad... i honestly expected that the odds of things going wrong with the new devices was higher than with the ones you've perfected... Woodvil Mini V1.0 is going to be glitchy... all you can do is as you are and stand behind the device...

Thank you so much for your quick responce~!!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by davedrumdude View Post
    ...would love to send it to be fixed but afraid i would go back to smoking cigs during the wait.
    Get an eGo batt or something on the cheap, and send your REO in for repair. Or you could sell it as damaged on the classies, and buy another, used or new.

Or you could buy one off the classies, send yours in, then sell the extra one later.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast