New batt option for 18650 - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: New batt option for 18650

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pianoguy View Post
    Last night I remembered that I had a battery magnet laying around that came with one of my first REO's, so I tried that today - works great. It reduces the button press back to normal and doesn't appreciably compress the spring.
    I had thought of ordering some of these, but the thought occurred to me that if it was a magnet (esp one of those rare earth magnets like Robert uses for Grand doors), when you fired it off, wouldn't it just hold the button down once the magnet made contact with the firing pin?

A very real fear I have is that this would happen and the Reo would continuously fire (and maybe even without the knowledge of the user), either burning out the battery, frying the atty, or worse.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster View Post
    So do you mean to ONLY charge them as far as 80--90% of full charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Strontium View Post
    Yes, that is correct.

Battery life span will go up, but energy density will go down. Meaning , you will have to charge your battery more often.
    Maybe, not the best option for PV users.

Trade off...
    Giving up valuable minutes of vaping in return for longer battery life.
    I have never heard of doing this before. In fact, I have always had the understanding that the best battery maintenance procedure is to keep them topped off to 95%+, which is the whole point of keeping big batteries on a trickle charger. As another example, the "smart" battery charging software for my laptop battery lets the battery drain down to 95% (so it is not continually trying to keep it at 100%), but then starts the charging process. Unless I am unplugged, the laptop battery never gets into the 80-90% range.

I'm not disputing what you are saying, I've just never heard this before.

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

I've been using the Callies Kustoms ( Panasonic CGR18650CH ) for quite some time now, I really like the performance of these Batts, even more then the AW, and I've always and still do like AW very much, but these Panasonics are of a very high quality cell. Also dont forget it is also good to not only rotate Batts ( meaning use more then one and more like 3-4 ) in rotation, this will also give the Batts a rest, they should not get charged, get put right into the pv then drained and go right back onto the charger then back into your PV, they should get a rest after they are drained -and after they are charged,, then sit,, then used,,, this is a better way to use them instead of constant use of in the pv right on the charger then right back into the PV,,, this also will help your cycle count as well as not fully draining.
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I usually like the black label AW batteries, but I was never blown away by The AW IMR batteries. These panasonics are amazing though. I am truly impressed with the performance of these batteries. I will be getting more for sure. Not only do they last longer then the AW IMRs, they have less voltage drop (this is based on my vaping experience thus far, no official test have been done by me as of yet.). Very happy with them.
    Devices: Reo Grand
    Atomizers: HH .357 LR
    Juices: NLV Bounty Hunter, Pink Spot G-Spot

ufo
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisEU View Post
    The Panasonics with the ...CH at the end (stay away from the ...CG) are indeed good safe chemistry batteries, suitable for vaping. We are currently testing a range of IMR and NMC cells in the German community: You can find the testing here: RE: SabbelMR's IMR Akku-Probierrunde - 42 .

The important thing is that there ARE indeed alternatives to the AW brand, especially in the 18650 size: Panasonic CGR18650CH, BAK B18650CC, Sony US18650V3.

When reading the diagram (The second one titled "Messungen auf Hyperion..." is our result diagram) please refer to the violet part of the bars. That's the capacity at 5 Ampere result.
    A question please: why, in that diagram, the capacity in mAh does not exceed the value of 900? What does it mean that none of the 18650 tested, exceeds, during the use we make of them, the 900 mAh?

I tried to read all the 3D to understand , but unfortunately my german is terrible
    Last edited by ufo; 03-24-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    REO GRAND VV/GRAND/MINI/WOODVIL/MINI Wood- Evercool VV-BoggerBoxVV-SweetVV -Dam'n Box VV -GGT +AFSv1,v2,iAtty-GALILEO- 637+ADE - JSv2- OldGoat5V -DSE905- EgoT- Janty dura - Creator901 - EVO- 89mm- ecc..

ECF Veteran

That's because of the selected cut-off voltage of 3,6 unloaded and 3,2 loaded that we determined to be the minimum usable voltage for vaping.
    3,2V under load is the cut of used by The Kick, for an example, and the Lavatube.

There is much more to a battery than just the chemistry and the mAh rating. Output stability for an example. We REOnauts "feel" that a given battery is better than another because our AW IMRs deliver 3,9V when they are loaded to 4,2V. Cheap ICRs may only be able to give you 3,7V. Those 0,2V is the difference you "feel". Devices like "The Kick" or a Provari or Lavatube keep the output stable, so 4,2V in a mechanical PV feels "less" than 4,2V in a regulated PV.
    ufo and Strontium like this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Creniker View Post
    I usually like the black label AW batteries, but I was never blown away by The AW IMR batteries. These panasonics are amazing though. I am truly impressed with the performance of these batteries. I will be getting more for sure. Not only do they last longer then the AW IMRs, they have less voltage drop (this is based on my vaping experience thus far, no official test have been done by me as of yet.). Very happy with them.
    Do not forget CGRs Pansonics are going to provide even more "juice" after 6-7 cycles.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
    I had thought of ordering some of these, but the thought occurred to me that if it was a magnet (esp one of those rare earth magnets like Robert uses for Grand doors), when you fired it off, wouldn't it just hold the button down once the magnet made contact with the firing pin?

A very real fear I have is that this would happen and the Reo would continuously fire (and maybe even without the knowledge of the user), either burning out the battery, frying the atty, or worse.
    The firing pin is non-magnetic (maybe stainless?)

*** correction *** - the magnet does seem to stick to the firing pin when nothing else is present, but it sticks much harder to the battery
    Last edited by pianoguy; 03-25-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Strontium View Post
    Do not forget CGRs Pansonics are going to provide even more "juice" after 6-7 cycles.
    I actually was aware of this fact and I am looking forward to them reaching there full capacity. Thank you though for letting me, plus others will benefit from knowing that batteries don't reach there full capacity until they have undergone a couple charge cycles. I've only recharged them a couple of times and they already are comparable to my AW 3100 black label batteries, at a fraction of the cost.
    Devices: Reo Grand
    Atomizers: HH .357 LR
    Juices: NLV Bounty Hunter, Pink Spot G-Spot

ufo
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisEU View Post
    That's because of the selected cut-off voltage of 3,6 unloaded and 3,2 loaded that we determined to be the minimum usable voltage for vaping.
    3,2V under load is the cut of used by The Kick, for an example, and the Lavatube.

There is much more to a battery than just the chemistry and the mAh rating. Output stability for an example. We REOnauts "feel" that a given battery is better than another because our AW IMRs deliver 3,9V when they are loaded to 4,2V. Cheap ICRs may only be able to give you 3,7V. Those 0,2V is the difference you "feel". Devices like "The Kick" or a Provari or Lavatube keep the output stable, so 4,2V in a mechanical PV feels "less" than 4,2V in a regulated PV.
    Ok I imagined it, but I wanted to be sure. thanks
    REO GRAND VV/GRAND/MINI/WOODVIL/MINI Wood- Evercool VV-BoggerBoxVV-SweetVV -Dam'n Box VV -GGT +AFSv1,v2,iAtty-GALILEO- 637+ADE - JSv2- OldGoat5V -DSE905- EgoT- Janty dura - Creator901 - EVO- 89mm- ecc..

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast