Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Reo's & Adapters

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

Default Reo's & Adapters

Well I've gotten so use to using 510'd and i06 & even 306's I basically forgot all about my old but new 801 & 901 Atty stockpile So totday I got that 801 & 901 stockpile out and said lets do this. I got my feed adapters out and put an Iken shorty LR-801 Atty on my old faithful Reo Grand and a LR-901 on the other. There pumping out some tasty steam with these Atty's on the Grands and squanking is with ease and working great with these feed adapters.

I'm actually taken back how well 801LR & 901 LR are working, These feed adapters are not that hard to make everyone, all you need is a piece of Brass or ss tubing available at McMaster-Carr cut to fit and install it in the hole in the adapter and use a little solder to hold in place. Anyways breaking out those other Attys is something I'm glad I did, flavor is great on the 801 & 901's and it's a nice change of pace

Cry79, washvap, jun0felix and 1 others like this.
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What does the extra tubing get you? I'm using 901's with a standard adapter from empire mods and all's working great.
    Jeann likes this.

Reos/RM2's/Cotton/DIY

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Funny you should bring this up. I have a couple of those adapters I bought from R&R before they closed up shop and just last night I decided it was time to revisit a SR 801 on my Kicked Grand. Like you said, it's a nice change of pace.
    Jeann likes this.

ECF Veteran

I made a couple of those adapters 7-8 months ago and still pop an 801 on from time to time.

I love the flavor and the draw but have not yet (ever) mastered the 801 squonk.... IMO its the toughest to get right.

Congrats on breaking out old new stuff Thats always fun.
    Jeann likes this.
    Don't tell me there is "more than one way to do something" .... There is only one way to do something right .... My way!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The secret to squonking the 801 is "flood that puppy."
    nerak and Jeann like this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
    The secret to squonking the 801 is "flood that puppy."
    I have never flooded a 801! It cries for MORE juice! And with that comes tons of flavor!
    Jeann and Mudflap like this.

Stand up and be counted:
    REO ROLL CALL

ECF Veteran

I've been using a stealth 901 adapter from Avid Vapor for some time now. I'm seeing if I can talk Rob into providing a custom mod with a 901 native connector though. It'll probably involve a long wait to get one though. He's pretty busy.

I always take a pull or two without firing to load the 801 then vape it and also hold it upside down before I let go of the bottle so the pressure when you release it doesnt pull the juice back down into the bottle, that's my 2 techniques to the 801 squank to load the 801.

@ hildicat, the adapters with the feed tube get the liquids up into the Atty much better then just using a regular adapter, they dont work nearly as good, or even work good at all in my opinion, ya need a feed adapter I feel to use a 801 or 901 to get the liquid up into the Atty, or have a native 801 or 901 connection like a few do.
    Last edited by mwa102464; 05-01-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    Jeann likes this.
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)

Few days have now gone by and I'm still running that shorty LR 801 on one of my Grands,,, I'm still taken back on what a really nice vape this is. Being so use to 510/306 connections this is really a nice change, and flavor wise the 801 is really nice and plumes of thick white vapor too. If you have the opportunity to try this people I think a lot of you will really like this set up. Someone needs to make a big run of these feed adapters so more can have the availability to run the 801's & 901's like this on there Reo's.
    Last edited by mwa102464; 05-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    Jeann likes this.

PV GOD ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That's a great tip man. 801 and 901 fanatics should be all over this.
    Jeann likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast