Reo Mini firing pin broken - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Reo Mini firing pin broken

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Rhapsodies Fire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That gasket is an insulator between the center post (positive) and the outside of the connector body (negative) ...it is there to keep the two seperate and keeps juice from going below. The juice is drawn up through the center of the center pin...through that little hole. it is not uncommon for a little juice to end up in the drip cup. That is what the drip cup is for....catching excess juice that comes out of the atties or cartos. Most often times, it is drawn back up into the atty upon the next draw. You may want to use the blind squonk method to add a little more juice to your carto if it feels dry.
    Up1tree likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Thank You! Squonk I will. I just don't physically see the gasket. It's not excessive juice or overflowing and it doesn't seem to leak at any angle. Which makes me very happy. Should I worry that I don't see a gasket like in that picture?

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Rhapsodies Fire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No....it is often in shadow, and the juice stains it....so it can be hard to see. If your mini were missing it, your mod would not work.
    Up1tree and sashwa like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Thank you!

I'm winning like Charlie Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My Mini is en-route to Rob, he should have it tomorrow or Tuesday, I can't wait to get it back.
    Green/Black Reo Mini w/A7rba, ZNA30, Nzonic V3, Turtleshp V2 clone, VTR, EHPRO GGTS clone, Kayfun clones, Vamo's, OG Chrome Infinity, Bulli a2/tm w/vaporage driptip adaptor, ST Telescope, Drawtube, Terminator-c , Ismoka Magoo and a ton of other stuff.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Got my mini back Friday after the post office held it hostage for 2 days since no one was home when,they tried to deliver it on Wednesday.
    It works perfectly, the only bad thing was figuring out what juice to put in it (settled on ry4 from the vapor room for now).
    I like how stiff the fire button is, I may have to send my other mini in for a tune up soon.
    nerak and whatitstrue like this.
    Green/Black Reo Mini w/A7rba, ZNA30, Nzonic V3, Turtleshp V2 clone, VTR, EHPRO GGTS clone, Kayfun clones, Vamo's, OG Chrome Infinity, Bulli a2/tm w/vaporage driptip adaptor, ST Telescope, Drawtube, Terminator-c , Ismoka Magoo and a ton of other stuff.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Xy View Post
    Got my mini back Friday after the post office held it hostage for 2 days since no one was home when,they tried to deliver it on Wednesday.
    It works perfectly, the only bad thing was figuring out what juice to put in it (settled on ry4 from the vapor room for now).
    I like how stiff the fire button is, I may have to send my other mini in for a tune up soon.
    Glad you got it back! I knew you would even with Robert out of the shop for now. The tune-up sure can't hurt!
    whatitstrue likes this.

Stand up and be counted:
    REO ROLL CALL

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well with every bright point comes a dark point, Today my green and black mini, which has been my everyday mod (I would say I used it 90% of the day) failed me.
    I had just put a fresh battery in it, went to take a puff and ..........................NOTHING.
    The button stayed down, and right then I knew exactly what had happened, I took the battery out and sure enough the firing pin had broken in half (I was afraid it was gonna happen since the fire button was getting easier to push)
    So just two day after I got one mini back, the other is now going to have to leave me for a short time to be repaired, with the same problem.
    Yup thats how my luck goes.

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(

Sounds like we have another button masher in our midst
    juicejunky likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Sounds like we have another button masher in our midst
    Guilty as charged
    The first one that I sent in for repair came to me broken (I was fully aware of it needing repair when I bought it)
    The green/black I also bought used, and used it every day since I got it.
    I have learned my lesson, unfortunately the damage was already done and it was only a matter of time before the firing pin finally gave up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast