REOs not performing well? - Page 2
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree1102Likes

Thread: REOs not performing well?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Reo's are like anything if you take care of them they will take care of you people just get lazy

For my mechanical mods I like to give them a good weekly bath in very hot water and use a toothbrush to clean all the nooks and crannies. Personally I have never found the need for nolax just a very rare scuffing of the firing pin.

The VV's are a bit of a different story just a good scrub with a moist rag I use a large syringe to give the feeder tube a good flush and like to give the juice well a thorough cleaning.

Having bought a cpl of mod's on the classies I can only imagine some of the nasty messes Rob has had returned to him with notes like my mod isn't firing properly etc . Well of course not stupid do you think the 1/8 of an inch of crusted juice slop everywhere may be your problem

Rant/Hijack over I apologize

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedancer View Post
    I have had few people send me their mods recently. They're aggravated they paid a lot of money for a mod and its not running like it was when they first got their mod.

I totally understand I would be unhappy myself. Their mods were dirty. It took me 10 seconds and they were running perfectly. I know this because I tested them before and after under load. If you want to have a mechanical mod you need to maintain it, simple as that. Mechanical mods are great if you understand them... you cant beat them for reliability. The down side is you have to clean them and apply noalox. For me its about every two months. For some, it could be less time or more.

The most important thing is keeping the positive battery contact clean. You need a small flat file or an emery board or even a piece of sand paper will work. Scuff up the point of the contact, put a drop of noalox on the very tip of the positive contact and your mod will run like its brand new.

You cant stop a mechanical mod it will run perfect for years and years if you just take the time to clean it properly. I hope people don't think I am going off on a rant. I am not. I am trying to help
    I have a Grand just like the one in the video. Was gonna send it in, but now I'll back up and try that first. Thanks Rob! And ignore the naysayers, they exist everywhere in society.

I put a dollar in a change machine........Nothing changed!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran redeyedancer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harley05 View Post
    I have a Grand just like the one in the video. Was gonna send it in, but now I'll back up and try that first. Thanks Rob! And ignore the naysayers, they exist everywhere in society.
    This is exactly why I made the post . I hope a good cleaning does the trick for you.
    harley05 and nerak like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just seeing that freaks me out (no wonder why my old Grand need your help...it was filthy). Obviously the very best way to clean your REO...great job Rob. Should I ever go metal again I'll revisit this video for sure. After I recently got my Woodvil back I'll make sure to clean connector often....but Im sure you'll understand I won't be putting the Tesla under the faucet.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

Quote Originally Posted by unsure View Post
    Just seeing that freaks me out (no wonder why my old Grand need your help...it was filthy). Obviously the very best way to clean your REO...great job Rob. Should I ever go metal again I'll revisit this video for sure. After I recently got my Woodvil back I'll make sure to clean connector often....but Im sure you'll understand I won't be putting the Tesla under the faucet.
    Hello Gil many people give up on mechanical mods because they dont realize if the positive contact isn't clean the mod wont perform properly . The contact gets dirty and they feel they have to push the button hard to make the mod work properly . Some people end up bending the contact flat from applying to much pressure on the button . When all that was needed was to remove the oxidation buildup on the positive contact . You dont even have to clean the mod just the tip of the positive contact . So they get rid of there mod no realizing they just sold one of the best devices money can buy
    oldbroad, unsure, JC Okie and 8 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Rob if you're still here, would you recommend putting my Nebula under a faucet? Or if not whats the best way to clean it?
    Della Cirque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by harley05 View Post
    Rob if you're still here, would you recommend putting my Nebula under a faucet? Or if not whats the best way to clean it?
    lol I dare ya assuming your kidding . Wood mods and water dont mix
    harley05 and whatitstrue like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hello Gil many people give up on mechanical mods because they dont realize if the positive contact isn't clean the mod wont perform properly . The contact gets dirty and they feel they have to push the button hard to make the mod work properly . Some people end up bending the contact flat from applying to much pressure on the button . When all that was needed was to remove the oxidation buildup on the positive contact . You dont even have to clean the mod just the tip of the positive contact . So they get rid of there mod no realizing they just sold one of the best devices money can buy
    ...that would be me.....

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

lol I dare ya assuming your kidding . Wood mods and water dont mix
    No I seriously didnt know if being stabilized it was impervious to water. Is why i checked. Thanks Rob.
    unsure likes this.

...that would be me.....

Yes Gil but you have been schooled . It is partly my fault I should push the issue more . I plan to harp on all the new juice junkies
    oldbroad, unsure, JC Okie and 2 others like this.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast