REOs not performing well? - Page 31
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree1058Likes

Thread: REOs not performing well?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

thanks for the info guys. i use dielectric grease just becuase its handy to me but it serves the same purpose as nolax. i just ordered two new batteries from rtd, we will see how they do when the come in. i usually dont fully discharge my batteries cause i have a charger at my work so i swap back and forth every hour or two it that makes any difference
    malkuth likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

check the screws in your atty posts. if you have digital multimeter try taking an ohms reading off the posts.
    Last edited by ltrainer; 02-20-2014 at 08:08 PM.
    Angi2299 and malkuth like this.
    The Reo Grand murdered my Zippo....with a lead pipe in the billiard room.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

OK I just read this thread to prepare for my REO Mini's arrival and got stuck on Rob's DIY rhubarb juice? Is this for real? Because I would LOVE to find a rhubarb juice.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Order of the White Rabbit's "Snatcher of the Bander"

ECF Veteran

sooo im still trying to figure this out. i tested battery voltage on a slightly used battery at 3.94, voltage dropped to 3.5x when button was pressed. im not exactly sure what this means but when i test voltage on the atty when the button is pressed im only getting about 2.25. should i be getting the same 3.5x that i get at the battery to the atomizer?

Full Member Verified Member FishinMT's Avatar

Since I have not experienced this and my typical problem solving begins by looking for a hammer, take this for what its worth. Is your spring still intact, not sagging? Or maybe one of your RM2 posts is loose.
    fullsleeve likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fullsleeve View Post
    sooo im still trying to figure this out. i tested battery voltage on a slightly used battery at 3.94, voltage dropped to 3.5x when button was pressed. im not exactly sure what this means but when i test voltage on the atty when the button is pressed im only getting about 2.25. should i be getting the same 3.5x that i get at the battery to the atomizer?
    Something there doesn't sound quite right. The only time I have a badder than expected voltage drop was when I didn't sand the positive post and noalox it sufficiently. I would suggest starting over: Clean anything you are using off the positive contact, sand it again, and reapply noalox. Don't be skimpy with the noalox. More can come off on your battery tip - no big whoop. Less never works well.

Super Member ECF Veteran Jjshbetz11's Avatar

What's the atty's ohm rating?
    fullsleeve likes this.
    Puff, puff and not die

ECF Veteran

alright so the posts are all tight on the atomizer where the coil goes in and the spring is not collapsed. that was one of the first things i thought. im usings a 1 ohm coil with 27ga wire. i have a reo rebuild kit i was thinking about using although i was really trying to wait for the upgrade to come out but i cant be with a broken reo

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If your meter is good then I suspect a bad battery that can no longer hold voltage. I just did this test and get 4.13 on battery alone, 4.06 on battery fire button pushed, 3.82 at posts.
    3+ years off stinkies and using 3 Reo Woodvils, 2 Reo Woodvil 18490s, 2 LP Reo Grands, 1 SL Reo, 1 Pdib Dibi. 3 Chalice II, 4 RM2, 2 Cyclones, Divo, RM5, 29 ga kanthal, ReadyxWick, Ikenvape RY4 Gold and unflavored nic.

Senior Member* Supporting Member MFarley's Avatar

I went and did the clean up like you showed in the video.
    Ended up a lot like getting your car tuned up.
    Since I am using mine in a dusty environment the cleanup really improved the performance.
    Thanks for posting the video.