Page 94 of 312 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree10689Likes

Thread: Micro Coil for the RBA on your REO

REOnaut Forever Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You can just dryburn the cotton wick and blow it out if it hasn't already dropped out. Before the dryburn give coil/wick a gentle pat with paper towel or kleenex to remove excess juice. Just a few seconds burn and it's gone. If you are using 30 ga or thicker wire you can even give coil/wick a gentle squeeze as thicker wire coils don't deform as easily as > 30 ga.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by FeistyAlice; 07-28-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    chohan and darkzero like this.
    Yes, women do suffer from PMS; Patriarchy, Misogyny, and Sexism.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The cotton will fall apart in about 2 days anyway - it's easy to remove. In fact one dry hit and it's goodnight Vienna!

What i recommend is xc-116, ceramic wick. It's expensive, $7 a foot at bigtexvapor - but it can be dry burned to clean your coil and i get easily 2 weeks from it. i use about an inch of it to make an "S" shaped wick in an RM2 at any time.

T
    darkzero likes this.

You are what you eat? I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning!

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i have used XS116 (or larger) its a silica nextel sleeve... pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertrunker View Post
    The cotton will fall apart in about 2 days anyway - it's easy to remove. In fact one dry hit and it's goodnight Vienna!

What i recommend is xc-116, ceramic wick. It's expensive, $7 a foot at bigtexvapor - but it can be dry burned to clean your coil and i get easily 2 weeks from it. i use about an inch of it to make an "S" shaped wick in an RM2 at any time.

T
    supertrunker likes this.
    NBNeme-ReoGrand-DNA30-Raptor100w-Dees500,RuthlessBomber -
    Magma,Achilles,Prometey2-Origen1&2b/f-BigBen/Gryphon-TroyX

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by supertrunker View Post

T
    Not always. The rolled cotton I have in a .7 ohm dripped has been going strong for a couple of weeks now. But I only take a number of hits on it everyday when I get home from work. The coil sits high from the deck & I keep the wick really saturated as it goes through juice faster thananything else I have. Last night I barely singed it. Just to see I added a few more drops & hit it again. To my surprise I no longer tasted any burnt cotton unlike other times when I have singed cotton. I just changed the wick this morning & the cotton was barely singed. Usually when I singe cotton I can tell a big different in wicking. After I changed the wick I noticed no difference at all. Guess I just got lucky on that wick.

I use Ekowool on my Reos that leave the house simply cause I don't want the risk of singing cotton. I've tried to do cotton & when I'm out & about I'll find myself singing it but rarely singe at home. I'm not afraid to spend money on things but the reason I don't buy XC cause IMHO it way overpriced. I get 10ft of Ekowool from Big Tex for $19. I dry burn & torch the Ekowool once or twice before I change it. I haven't tried XC yet & I hear it does wick a little better than Ekowool but I can't imagine it to be that much better vs the price difference. I have no issues using Ekowool at all so that's still my preference for now.
    super_X_drifter likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

First off. I would like to thank super x drifter
    for helping me bring my vaping experience to
    new heights.

Micro Coil on my Kafun 3.1

32 gauge kanthol.
    8 wraps. 2.0 Ohms.
    CVS sterile Rolled Cotton.

Just so we all know,
    A normal built sylica wick in this is amazing.
    Flavor will exceed your expectations.
    The Kayfun is not over rated by any means.

With that being said. OMG!!!!
    Plumes of Vapor
    Way Way Way more flavor!!!

I honestly believe in my opinion.
    This has improved something that
    was already very impressive.

Thought I would share.
    Now go micro your Kayfun's
    unloaded, super_X_drifter and pdib like this.

PLEASE DON'T DRIP N DRIVE !!!!!
    -Zenesis 2 Carto Hybrid-18490/-Zenesis 2 DX-18350/KayFun 3.1/-Provari Mini/-Z-Atty Pro

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i use fat silica for my "work" Reos. i make them at close to 1 Ohm dead, in fact i am rather irritated these days if i am out by 4/100ths. Since i have the silica here - it's 1/8th inch candle wick! I never tried ekowool - but i hear it's the same as the ceramic wick that i do rate.

My misfortune is to live in Texas where the store is - so i have to pay sales tax on it :/

I'm not sure it's really worth $7 a foot, but it is good, does not unravel and lasts for ages. My usual wicks are the silica however, because in the immortal words of a fellow vaper ' i have enough to tether a weather balloon'.

T
    chohan and elscorcho like this.

You are what you eat? I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning!

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by darkzero View Post
    Last night I barely singed it. Just to see I added a few more drops & hit it again. To my surprise I no longer tasted any burnt cotton unlike other times when I have singed cotton. I just changed the wick this morning & the cotton was barely singed. Usually when I singe cotton I can tell a big different in wicking. After I changed the wick I noticed no difference at all. Guess I just got lucky on that wick.
    Maybe it is because I put way too much cotton in my coils but last night I was over at a friends house, and I got several burnt hits due to not paying attention (and maybe the beer taking away my ability to notice the flavor dissipating ) But I would just over squonk and then it would be fine again. I ran the same wick all day long at work today and it tasted great. Maybe I too just got lucky.
    new kid and super_X_drifter like this.

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Kind of gross looking i know, but Peach and Grants Vanilla Custard is oh so good...

I did it ! yep 1/16" got the pin sized cotton tail in there ...

28g about 9 wraps =1.24 Ohms. I'm in!

next up ... 26 nichrome w/lots and lots of wraps
    NBNeme-ReoGrand-DNA30-Raptor100w-Dees500,RuthlessBomber -
    Magma,Achilles,Prometey2-Origen1&2b/f-BigBen/Gryphon-TroyX

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

How do you folks get your cotton even on both sides? I can never get more than a little rat-tail on the side I thread in no matter how much I keep twisting the cotton. It seems to work ok, especially after I got rid of the massive tail I had on my first one.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gigdujour View Post
    How do you folks get your cotton even on both sides? I can never get more than a little rat-tail on the side I thread in no matter how much I keep twisting the cotton. It seems to work ok, especially after I got rid of the massive tail I had on my first one.
    Thread your cotton through a little farther the cut off the rat tail. You don't need big balls of it, less is usually better as long as it keeps up with the coil.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Will Rogers