Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Reo Mini battery question

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default Reo Mini battery question

So I'm contemplating a new Mini (yay)

My concern is that the batteries are only 700-900 mah, which will not last me the whole day. Well, that's not really a big deal, since I can carry a spare battery in my pocket. The concern is how to know when the battery needs to be replaced, and what happens if I let it get too low?

All my current mods have 18650ies, with 2000-3000 mah. By the end of the day, they are at about 3.7V, and I throw them in the charger.

What would happen if I overdischarge the 14500s in the Mini?
    Would it be any better if I used protected batteries?
    And if so, would they fit?

Thank you!
    Commie
    Reos -- for the taste of fresh squozen juice on every squonk!

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Commie View Post
    So I'm contemplating a new Mini (yay)

My concern is that the batteries are only 700-900 mah, which will not last me the whole day. Well, that's not really a big deal, since I can carry a spare battery in my pocket. The concern is how to know when the battery needs to be replaced, and what happens if I let it get too low?

All my current mods have 18650ies, with 2000-3000 mah. By the end of the day, they are at about 3.7V, and I throw them in the charger.

What would happen if I overdischarge the 14500s in the Mini?
    Would it be any better if I used protected batteries?
    And if so, would they fit?

Thank you!
    Commie
    Stick with the AW IMR 14500. Yes, you will need to pull and change more often. You will notice a drop in heat, vapor and flavor.

The protected batteries will fit but very tight. Virtually no room for the spring to collapse in case of a short.

Don't let them drop too far, not good for the battery. You can figure about 4 hours then change them with normal vaping using only the Mini.

You might consider the Mini 2.1. A larger battery that will give you a few more hours. Also the drip well is large enough for any RBA.

Stand up and be counted:
    REO ROLL CALL

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nerak View Post
    Stick with the AW IMR 14500. Yes, you will need to pull and change more often. You will notice a drop in heat, vapor and flavor.

The protected batteries will fit but very tight. Virtually no room for the spring to collapse in case of a short.

Don't let them drop too far, not good for the battery. You can figure about 4 hours then change them with normal vaping using only the Mini.

You might consider the Mini 2.1. A larger battery that will give you a few more hours. Also the drip well is large enough for any RBA.

Thank you, Karen!
    The reason I'm looking at a 14500 mini is for something more compact. As far as my pocket is concerned, there's little to no difference between my Grand and Mini 2.1. Height matters less in this case than thickness.
    So, replacing every 4 hours will probably do it for me

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The Mini is an awesome little bugger - everybody should have one, just on general principles
    Della Cirque likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've used 14500 batteries, for roughly a year, just recently got a reo mini, before that it was in a v mod, if you can get them yezl batteries are as good if not better than aw, they're 900mah, & on tests, by torchy the battery boy, perform better than aw's, they're cheaper, & protected, they also fit the mini, no problem, with plenty of room
    Commie likes this.
    SAYS SO IN THE SCRIPTURES - OBIDIAH HAKESWILL

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank m0fnj View Post
    I've used 14500 batteries, for roughly a year, just recently got a reo mini, before that it was in a v mod, if you can get them yezl batteries are as good if not better than aw, they're 900mah, & on tests, by torchy the battery boy, perform better than aw's, they're cheaper, & protected, they also fit the mini, no problem, with plenty of room
    Looks like I'm gonna have to go scouting - thanks!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Torchy the battery boy, is in the uk, on uk vapours , if you google him, you'll get to his site, all the tests are on there, he sells batteries, & bycile torch's for a living
    SAYS SO IN THE SCRIPTURES - OBIDIAH HAKESWILL

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I am not a battery expert so i'll get that out of the way.

If you run low ohm attys imr are the ticket as they can take a high amount of discharge rate as they have a low internal resistance. Vaping with low ohm attys do put a strain on the batteries. The imrs do have a different chemistry than regular protected lithium ion batteries thus they sacrific some of the capacity. They also dont start on fire but vent gas instead. They can easily handle the high drain applications that low rez attys require.

I dont know how Touchy runs his tests as i am not in the mood to read about it now. I do know that testing on torches or flashlights doesnt equate to testing on applications where high drain is being done. Perhaps touchy does that testing.

I do know that the builder of the Reo reccomends Aw IMRs so thats good enough for me.
    super_X_drifter likes this.
    The Reo Grand murdered my Zippo....with a lead pipe in the billiard room.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Right, I understand.

One more question -- what happens if I accidentally overdischarge a battery? As in, keep using it after it runs too low?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast