R.I.P Gioacchino (Jack) Giampapa - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree2095Likes

Thread: R.I.P Gioacchino (Jack) Giampapa

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

So sorry to hear this. Just seeing his avatar made me smile.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

RIP Jack, you will be sorely missed.

Yankees/Giants/Lakers Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I type this through streaming tears. I haven't been here lately due to school, but I think of you all everyday.
    I am very sad to learn of Jack's passing.
    He was a great and funny man. I loved reading his posts.
    I am at least happy to know that he spent his last night doing what he loved.

RIP Jack...my thoughts and prayers are with your friends and family.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I started reading/posting in this forum just a few weeks ago. Jack was actually the first person to reply to my initial post. I obviously didn't have time to get to know him, but I could tell reading through threads that he was an important part of this community and loved by everyone. My condolences to all of you.

ECF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It pains me to hear about this sad news and want to give my deepest condolences to his family and friends for the loss.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Rhapsodies Fire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Searching for the words to say....but my grab bag of thoughtful words is temporarily misplaced. We've already found how much we miss him, before we knew the why. I am reminded of the profound effect he has had on our little community, the witty author, crotchety old geezer, and wild man of the high country and many travels....uh, nearly forgot the romantic with a healthy taste for life. While the tears are falling, I am heartened knowing that he died with his boots on, enjoying life to the fullest. What better way to go and be remembered. His spirit will live on in the hundreds of thousands of people who his wit, humor, kindness and generosity has touched....this is one man, I KNOW we'll never forget. My heart goes out to his family and close friends, I can only imagine the sense of loss is magnified by an unimaginable amount.

*Raising my glass to you, old man....Cherish the Magic.*
    Thank you for sharing this small part of your life with us, many of us are better for it.

Last edited by Rhapsodies Fire; 06-08-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My sincerest condolences go out to Jack's family. Never thought I'd be this touched by the loss of someone I somewhat interacted with on an online community; but you could just tell he could liven up a place or moment with his peppiness by reading what he had to say, whether informative or just plain funny, both cases equally appreciated. His integral presence here will be missed.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't post much, but I am all too familiar with Jack's antics here. I will truly miss seeing his posts very much - they always managed to bring a smile to my face. I don't know what else to say other than that I'm deeply saddened reading this news and wish the best for his family and friends.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Los Angeles (born and raised, but not a fan)

Jack lived his life to the fullest, with a great sense of humor and a big heart, and we are all SO lucky to have known him. He will live on in the memories of so many. My condolences to all his friends and family, and my thanks to Ratman for taking on the difficult task of sharing this sad news.
    Last edited by beckyblue; 06-07-2013 at 04:46 AM.
    Come play on ECF's Music Game thread! - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...game-lazy.html

REOnaut Forever Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm devastated. Tears of deep sadness and joy for his release from so much suffering. I let myself allow few beings to really touch my soul. Jack was one. Sadness for you, me, and his close friends and family losing, way too soon, an extraordinary human who touched so many people so profoundly. DH is in town and it is comforting to have him here beside me. Moe Doodle stradled me as I sobbed. Lily Heeler came up to the sofa and kept her face close to mine gently licking my tears. I coped by cooking a huge meal, one I'm sure Jack would have loved. My life has forever been changed and enhanced knowing our Mountain Old Goat. It is comforting for me to know he spent his last night doing what he literally kept doing if only to have "something to keep me alive even if it kills me." My heart goes out to his beloved daughter and grand daughter, his greatest and dearest achievements in his life. Hoping all can find some comfort during this sad time.

Love, Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, women do suffer from PMS; Patriarchy, Misogyny, and Sexism.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast