My micro coil / cotton honest test run - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: My micro coil / cotton honest test run

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar

temporary fix: an o-ring on the seat of the atty (cap/deck joint) oughta put you about 180 around

So, big hitter, your cotton would be a "10" on the VAP scale.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pdib View Post
    temporary fix: an o-ring on the seat of the atty (cap/deck joint) oughta put you about 180 around

So, big hitter, your cotton would be a "10" on the VAP scale.
    Does it go to 11
    pdib, Statistic and Vapolith like this.
    REOnaut since November 2010 ...... Still the best vape available almost 4 years later!

REOnaughty Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by big hitter View Post
    does it go to 11 :d
    lololol ..

Just for those who may not have seen this..

Last edited by Statistic; 07-19-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    ltrainer, moondragon and Vapolith like this.

REO Grand - Paying Homage with my Ohmage

OG Micro Coiler Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

^ I've never seen it before now. Too funny. What is it from?
    Vapolith likes this.

VAPE IT LIKE YOU $TOLE IT AND WHEN IN DOUBT SQUONK https://www.youtube.com/user/sxmxdrifter

REOnaughty Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

super_X_drifter and Vapolith like this.

REO Grand - Paying Homage with my Ohmage

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by super_X_drifter View Post
    Tim check out this video from a genesis dude we recently converted to micro coils

Look at them clouds bro

Micro Coil for the RBA on your REO
    Micro Coil for the RBA on your REO - Page 75
    actually X, i wish i re-shot the vid. TBH i was having a slight issue with the reo. remember when i thought it was the o-ring and thought i felt like before the o-ring the vape wasn't as good, well it wasn't the o ring it was a contact issue with the battery. the first few days were great but then i was kind of losing power and got to its worst as i was doing the video. well after the video i remembered seeing the noalox and decided to use a dab, now it is great, and way more clouds then in the video, seriously no comparison. is this something that needs to be done every few days? or is there a bigger issue and the noalox is just temporarily bridging the gap? actually 2 days after getting the reo i had the same thing happen, i checked out everything and all looked good, its then that i installed the o-ring and added my first dab of noalox. i then thought it was the o-ring that made it work. anyways fast forward to last night and i was getting the power loss again, its then that i realized it was the noalox and not the oring. im either thinking that you need to use the noalox every 3 days or i have a slight switch problem.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by somewhere21 View Post
    Interesting post. I agree many devices produce the same end result. My provari will give the same vapor with a RM2 on top, and I can super charge it. The REO shines in its function in regards to the process. I just ripped off my favorite cotton dual coil and wrapped a coil over silica. I don't worry about the silica, the thinset I use probably gives me a lifetime of wick use with one mix.
    We all vape because we know we would have to be absolute idiots to smoke. Take away our reos for 2 days and we would be sucking on a blu from the nearest store saying how great it is, or buying some smokes.
    The reality is we do not smoke anymore, but we are all still addicts, and we can justify it all we want.

I love vaping because it delivers me something I literally have no use for, and cannot for some reason get rid of the " need "
    We all can pretend that vaping is the answer, but it really is just a band-aid for our real problem.

Though RBA's do help make me not want to light up a smoke, almost all successful smoking to vaping converts have to add a "hobby" aspect to make up for the extra effort required to make that switch.

So, in closing, while I love vaping and I would switch right back to smoking if It magically became safe. I really wish I could just kick the addiction. That I think we could all almost agree on.
    hey buddy, i was reading your post and thought you misspelled a word, i said to myself " that word looks like thinset" and being that i am a flooring contractor its then that i realized you must be one too.
    somewhere21 likes this.

OG Micro Coiler Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default My micro coil / cotton honest test run

Vapdivrr, I am one of the rare few who had never noaloxed my current crop of REOs. The oldest one I currently have is about 4 or 5 months old. I have either been lucky, or I don't know what I'm missing. My REO vape is consistently off the chain. I keep it spotless inside.

Perhaps later, I'll give it a bath, scuff the pin and hit it with a little noalox from my lifetime supply bottle and see if there's any difference.

I think there's little that can fail with the switch, but if your a button masher, that has been known to cause issues by deforming the pin. Very gentle pressure is all I use, just enough to make contact.

Try to scuff the very tip of the pin and hit it with some noalox and see if it helps. You wanna be sparing with it and not get it on anything but the tip of the pin cause it'll trap lint and stuff in it.

Are your AW IMRs new?
    darkzero likes this.

VAPE IT LIKE YOU $TOLE IT AND WHEN IN DOUBT SQUONK https://www.youtube.com/user/sxmxdrifter

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

it is amazing how much we are all different, but that's what makes the world go around. sometimes i think its a conspiracy just to piss me off. i have heard people say that they had tried porous ceramic wicks in a genny and didn't like it compared to ss mesh, WHAT? i absolutely thought they were joking, for it couldn't be. i often thought it was because of the botched up job that they did with the set-up, for it had to be wrong. although this could be the case in many instances for the most part it is because of personal taste, and maybe the particular juice as well. maybe some juices just didn't taste as good in a ceramic set-up compared to mesh. i vape sweet juices myself, dessert types if you will and coffee flavors, these always shined in ceramic genesis set ups compared to mesh, big time, but maybe tobacco juices didn't. all i do know is that i made just about every set-up you could do in a genny, with every wick, and i know they were always set up to perfection, in the end a porous ceramic wick was my favorite at low resistances. i haven't, however made to many dripper set-ups with your typical silica, i basically came from genesis and straight into the reo. this means i cannot compare any standard coil& wick set-ups in drippers compared to the reo set-up that i have now, what i can tell you is that this current set-up i have, 26g@0.6Ω,16g blunt tip has as good of flavor to my ceramic genny but with a harder and faster hit with slightly more vapor production. i did recently try a silica wick in a cheapy dripper and didn't like the flavor at all, also have tried silica in a genny and had the same results. also have tried the xc-116, and like the silica, didn't care for the flavor. one thing i would have to say though about the micro coils imo, is that to me, they did not simulate a sub-1 coil either. initially i had made a 1.6 or 1.8 coil thinking it would produce the intensity of my usual sub-1 coil, well it did not. i basically had to use the same resistances that i did when vaping my genesis devices, although i suppose a .9Ω coil in micro might equal a .7Ω in a genny, for the micro does hit harder for sure.
    super_X_drifter likes this.

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar

Vap. My pin needs a frequent scuff (file) and a dab. I don't know if it's cause I'm drawing lots of current @ .5 or if it's the flat-button top batteries; but the way I do it, nets such results. Anymore, about every other night I'll take a few seconds to make a quick swipe with a fine file and apply a tiny dab.
    super_X_drifter likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast