Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: New REO and some mad science...Muh hahahaha!!!

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar

There's no tinkering with plumbing. Just cursing.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkzero View Post
    As some of you figured out, don't even bother using the circuit writer pen, it's not designed to be used like that anyways. It's for fixing damaged pcb traces then coated with an overcoat (conformal coating).I don't use noalox. I have deoxit & progold that I use for everything but I have them in pens. I wiped all the noalox off my Reos like a week after I got them. All I do is apply gold pro to the firing pin every 2-3 battery changes and/or the battery's button top. My firing pins never spark. I don't even bother with deoxit anymore. I tried it a few times & it always wiped of clean. No sparking means no oxidizing so there's nothing for the deoxit to clean.

Yeah didn't go as planned. It worked for about thirty minutes then the arcs started. So I noaloxed on top of it and the functions back to normal. You win some,you lose some.

On a brighter note. I've made a microcoil with cotton that's wicking gorilla juice .. I've been vaping it for about 4 hour now and it's still clean tasting. Coil is getting dark but cotton is still pristine. I'm using organic cotton balls from Walgreens. I have 10 wraps of 28 gauge, with a very small amount of cotton.

I have a questions for the tech savy reonaughts... Do all mech mods arc? Is it just the Reo design let's us see it clearly? If you say, electro plated the pin with copper would it still arc?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2
    _more_ likes this.

Registered Supplier - Offline darkzero's Avatar

Not all mods spark. A better eletrically conductive metal & larger contact area will reduce or eliminate sparking. Unfortunately due to the way the firing pin functions, those better conducting metals are too soft & can't be spring tempered.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkzero View Post
    Not all mods spark. A better eletrically conductive metal & larger contact area will reduce or eliminate sparking. Unfortunately due to the way the firing pin functions, those better conducting metals are too soft & can't be spring tempered.

Thanks dark zero. I think I wanna get a tumbled Reo and build it so I can electroplate the pin, then the Reo.

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(

Quote Originally Posted by technicianx View Post
    Yeah didn't go as planned. It worked for about thirty minutes then the arcs started. So I noaloxed on top of it and the functions back to normal. You win some,you lose some.

On a brighter note. I've made a microcoil with cotton that's wicking gorilla juice .. I've been vaping it for about 4 hour now and it's still clean tasting. Coil is getting dark but cotton is still pristine. I'm using organic cotton balls from Walgreens. I have 10 wraps of 28 gauge, with a very small amount of cotton.

I have a questions for the tech savy reonaughts... Do all mech mods arc? Is it just the Reo design let's us see it clearly? If you say, electro plated the pin with copper would it still arc?

My Reo doesn't spark. I just stood in the dark repeatedly firing it looking for a spark atop the batt and nothing but mine has a clean firing pin and a good dollop of anti oxidant on it maybe that's all it needs

OG Micro Coiler Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

My VVG never sparks . No firing pin here baby
    VAPE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT AND WHEN IN DOUBT, SQUONK.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    My Reo doesn't spark. I just stood in the dark repeatedly firing it looking for a spark atop the batt and nothing but mine has a clean firing pin and a good dollop of anti oxidant on it maybe that's all it needs
    No mine works fine as well. I did use the noalox. It's not a big deal. I think i'm just so used to fiddling and tweaking on inferior mods. Now I have a Reo and it works great. I'm just trying new**well to me anyway**things for the heck of it. I have habitual habit to mod things and tweak. I mod alot of my friends controllers for xbox. Nothing illegal but better button positions and such. This is a Reo and it's pretty much perfect so, I can do only two things make it pretty decorate it and such, or put little tweak on. I say little because there is not much room to improve it.

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(

Quote Originally Posted by technicianx View Post
    No mine works fine as well. I did use the noalox. It's not a big deal. I think i'm just so used to fiddling and tweaking on inferior mods. Know I have a Reo and it works great. I'm just trying new**well to me anyway**things for the heck of it. I have habitual mod things and tweak. I mod alot of my fiends controllers for xbox. Nothing illegal but better button positions and such. This is a Reo and it's pretty much perfect so, I can do only two things make it pretty decorate it and such, or put little tweak on. I say little because there is not much room to improve it.

Let the girls do the stickers and such. Take yours out throw it in the dirt and vape it. How many other mods can ya do that with

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Let the girls do the stickers and such. Take yours out throw it in the dirt and vape it. How many other mods can ya do that with

Yeah, I know right. I've dropped my first one so many times and it hasn't even so much as scratched the finish.

_more_ and super_X_drifter like this.

OG Micro Coiler Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default New REO and some mad science...Muh hahahaha!!!

TechX, your the dude that makes the drop shot mod eh?

Our white Xbox just got the two red rings. Tried blowin a fan on it to no avail. Guess its time to scrap it and get another black one?
    technicianx likes this.
    VAPE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT AND WHEN IN DOUBT, SQUONK.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast