Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: How do you explain the Reo?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default How do you explain the Reo?

Every time somebody at work asks me "What is that thing" I will simply say its an electronic cigarette. They will usually say "Wow its huge" or "Is that the charger". They will usually try to tell me a story of how they (or a friend) have used the gas station cigarette sized ones and how amazing they were, and they will try to wrap their head around as to why mine was so "different".

Every time I try to explain things to people, they usually never get it.

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well as I explained to the cop that stopped me at the transit station last week, it is in fact not a bomb detonator.

When I am working at my local e-cig shop, people always think I have some special version of an iTaste MVP. I usually have to take the REO apart and show them how it works, several times a day. Most don't get it or are completely lost. But then again, our customer base is mostly people who are buying eGo starter kits or young kids who are into vaping because it is the current cool thing right now.
    Last edited by Rhapsodies Fire; 08-04-2013 at 04:28 PM.

REOnaughty Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I usually just say "it's a bomb detonator, go away"

Just kidding. I also try to explain it. I try not to use the term "e-cigarette" though, for some reason. I call it a vaporizer and that I use it to vaporize liquid that tastes delicious and contains nicotine.
    Last edited by Statistic; 08-04-2013 at 04:46 AM.

REO Grand - Paying Homage with my Ohmage

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Rhapsodies Fire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ya...I don't use the ecig term either. I call it a personal vaporizor or my nicotine replacement therapy. Most folks get it at that point...then they say "like those ecig things?" And I say "ya, something like that." Then they usually want to know more...and I explain. I don't bother explaining though if they don't ask. With the bad press and huge amount of misinformation, I find that calling it an ecig right off the bat tends to turn folks off. If I call it something that sounds a bit more technical, folks tend to tune in and take it more seriously....in my experience, anyway.
    Last edited by Rhapsodies Fire; 08-04-2013 at 04:46 AM.
    JC Okie, harley05, nerak and 11 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't like the term ecig. Its not a cigarette its a pv. Of course when I refer to it as a pv I have to explain what that it lol.
    JC Okie, harley05, nerak and 6 others like this.
    Off the stinkies since 1/18/2013 and proud of it.

Moved On ECF Veteran

I told a woman who asked if it was a ecig, i said, no it's a REO which is better than a ecig. Then she told me all about how she uses disposable ecigs when she goes shopping. I told her that is what I started with but then got serious about vaping and found a better delivery system. Her eyes rolled around so I shut up

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Around here I would use the term modded/advanced ecig rather than vaporizer for those who have no idea about them. I haven't needed to explain though (except to my boss about an employee walking arou d the building with one) as many around here are familiar with them now. Before vaporizers were as popular as they are now, when a vaporizer was talked about those were the ones used for...well something else.....I'm in Socal.

Proud REOnaut Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't flash mine around to strangers that much....so I'm usually not even asked. Those who know me and see me vaping have watched the evolution from a skinny 510 set up through the eGos to this....so they know it's just an advanced version of my "e-cig"....although I don't ever call it an e-cig.

I recently started my niece and her husband on a couple of REO Minis.....and it's funny because they don't really know REO from anything...they're not on ECF and they never had an other pv, so they're really not familiar with any of the lingo.....and they call them their "Puffers"....cute. Tara will text me and say, "Marc has a question about his puffer" or "I left my puffer in the car and thought I had lost it."
    Using various REOs with various RM2s and LOVIN' it!

However you REO zealots are explaining it, it's working. I'm sold. A grande will be my next major vaping purchase.

Proud REOnaut Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by NumberOneBatfan View Post
    However you REO zealots are explaining it, it's working. I'm sold. A grande will be my next major vaping purchase.
    Good for you! You won't be sorry.
    _more_, FogHawg, Statistic and 2 others like this.
    Using various REOs with various RM2s and LOVIN' it!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast