• 3 Post By nerak
  • 2 Post By NicoHolic
  • 3 Post By KwhyLE
  • 4 Post By fullsleeve

Thread: reo batteries and voltage drop - small test inside

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default reo batteries and voltage drop - small test inside

so I was having a firing issue and took some advice and purchased two aw imr 18650 1600mah (the ones linked on reos website). the came in today and I charged one up and decided to see how it performs compared to the 18650 2900mah orbtronics I was using. both batteries were full charged, the orbtronics is about 4 weeks old with 2 weeks of reo use and 2 weeks of occasional mech mod use at home. the aw is brand new. results are as follows AW IMR: no load 4.2 under load 4.08. ORBTRONICS: no load 4.18 under load 3.93. just in case anyone had any interest figured id post up my findings. the AW's seem to hit a little harder than the orbtronics and most def fit better inside the reo with less compression on the spring when installed.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fullsleeve View Post
    so I was having a firing issue and took some advice and purchased two aw imr 18650 1600mah (the ones linked on reos website). the came in today and I charged one up and decided to see how it performs compared to the 18650 2900mah orbtronics I was using. both batteries were full charged, the orbtronics is about 4 weeks old with 2 weeks of reo use and 2 weeks of occasional mech mod use at home. the aw is brand new. results are as follows AW IMR: no load 4.2 under load 4.08. ORBTRONICS: no load 4.18 under load 3.93. just in case anyone had any interest figured id post up my findings. the AW's seem to hit a little harder than the orbtronics and most def fit better inside the reo with less compression on the spring when installed.
    Will be interested to see the results of the same test after the AW IMR have cycled a few times. It has been said that they get better after a few charges.

I have only run AW IMR in all of my REO's. Always the recommended mAhs too.

Stand up and be counted:
    REO ROLL CALL

Blog Entries

What's the coil resistance?
    super_X_drifter and _more_ like this.
    Two REO Grands w/RM2 RDAs Super-T Precise Simplicity 18500 w/ΣΟΦΙΑ IBTanked eVic and USB eGos w/ProTanks
    Swedish snus - a stealthier alternative to stealth vaping.

Super Member Verified Member

someone needs to do this with the Sony 30As. Good info fullsleeve!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NicoHog View Post
    What's the coil resistance?
    its a cyclone rba with a 1.2ohm coil on it. ill test again after a week of the AW use