Hemp Wick
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Hemp Wick

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Hemp Wick

Made a natural hemp wick this AM using 20lb thread (2.0mm), 30ga Kanthal A1 wire wrapped to 1.6ohm. I boiled the hemp to get rid of any impurities. I've been using the same set up with 2.5 & 3.0mm silica. The hemp has excellent wicking qualities & is easy to work with, but it does not produce the clean taste that I get with silica. It adds its own distinct flavor, which is not unpleasant. I've got some bamboo material & organic cotton in the mail & will be trying them next.
    Rhapsodies Fire likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

i may be naive but I'd be afraid of the hemp burning

New Vapor Info & Low Priced Starter Gear | The Good, The Bad and The WT_ Was That Juice
    Vaping = $1,200, Shirts Saved From Cigarette Burns, PRICELESS!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by banjo View Post
    Made a natural hemp wick this AM using 20lb thread (2.0mm), 30ga Kanthal A1 wire wrapped to 1.6ohm. I boiled the hemp to get rid of any impurities. I've been using the same set up with 2.5 & 3.0mm silica. The hemp has excellent wicking qualities & is easy to work with, but it does not produce the clean taste that I get with silica. It adds its own distinct flavor, which is not unpleasant. I've got some bamboo material & organic cotton in the mail & will be trying them next.
    Someone else here tried the bamboo. I think it's in the micro coil thread will see if I can find it. I don't recall it working very well.

ECF Veteran

Here's where someone else used Hemp
    Micro Coil for the RBA on your REO

And a bit about bamboo here. Probably not much help but worth a look if you're experimenting.
    The "RBA's for Dummies" Thread

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(

Bamboo is amazing IMO love it it typically lasts me about a week when using 2 reos
    JC Okie likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Bamboo is amazing IMO love it it typically lasts me about a week when using 2 reos
    I haven't tried anything but cotton, silica, and mesh. Cotton didn't work well with some of my liquids. I looked at the bamboo I believe it was embroidery string? Is that what you're using? But wasn't willing to try it. It was all either died or treated that I seen. No natural. Never ran across hemp other then the discussions here.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shadav View Post
    i may be naive but I'd be afraid of the hemp burning
    The hemp doesn't burn as long as you keep liquid on it, & it does seem to hold a lot of liquid.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dturp View Post
    I haven't tried anything but cotton, silica, and mesh. Cotton didn't work well with some of my liquids. I looked at the bamboo I believe it was embroidery string? Is that what you're using? But wasn't willing to try it. It was all either died or treated that I seen. No natural. Never ran across hemp other then the discussions here.
    The bamboo I have on order is like string - about 2.0mm - and is organic.

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(

Quote Originally Posted by Dturp View Post
    Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Crochet Thread & crochet thread & floss at Joann.com
    it lasts way better than cotton and I prefer the taste it does have some in the first few vapes but it goes well with my juice

ECF Veteran

Mind shooting me a link for it. I have a few flavors that are very sensitive to what setup you are using. Taste great in the right setup taste like crap on the wrong one. If I didn't love them it would be easy to toss them and move on lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast