Yes, the RM2 really is THAT good
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Yes, the RM2 really is THAT good

  1. #1
    I want to be stereotyped. Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    FACE MEAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,036

    Default Yes, the RM2 really is THAT good

    I've been blissfully vaping away on my REO Grand / RM2 since it arrived about a month ago. I've had no desire or reason to use any of the dozen or so other devices I've amassed prior to acquiring my REO.

    Out of curiosity, I decided to order a HH357 earlier this week. I had heard good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

    Mr. Postman delivered it this afternoon and I quickly threw it atop my trusty Grand. If it had arrived prior to me being spoiled by the vaping nirvana that is the REO/RM2, I would have been impressed. It's delivers a respectable vape, but it doesn't hold a candle to the awesomeness that is the RM2.

    Further curiosity possessed me to break out one of my tube mechanicals and genesis atties. I fussed about with a cable/mesh wick and wrapped a handsome coil, filled it with liquid and gave it a toot...

    Meh...it was decent. Just decent.

    Long story short, I think I'm done spending money on anything that isn't REO related. I'm spoiled.
    bitey, doots, JC Okie and 19 others like this.
    ​WARNING: The Bassmaster General has determined that coffee is good for your health

  2. #2
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dturp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Okc
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FACE MEAT View Post
    I've been blissfully vaping away on my REO Grand / RM2 since it arrived about a month ago. I've had no desire or reason to use any of the dozen or so other devices I've amassed prior to acquiring my REO.

    Out of curiosity, I decided to order a HH357 earlier this week. I had heard good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

    Mr. Postman delivered it this afternoon and I quickly threw it atop my trusty Grand. If it had arrived prior to me being spoiled by the vaping nirvana that is the REO/RM2, I would have been impressed. It's delivers a respectable vape, but it doesn't hold a candle to the awesomeness that is the RM2.

    Further curiosity possessed me to break out one of my tube mechanicals and genesis atties. I fussed about with a cable/mesh wick and wrapped a handsome coil, filled it with liquid and gave it a toot...

    Meh...it was decent. Just decent.

    Long story short, I think I'm done spending money on anything that isn't REO related. I'm spoiled.
    It took you a month to figure out all that??? Sheesh stubborn one aren't you! lol I'm in the same boat. I got a tumbled raw grand from the classies with a A7 with it.... I can't even use it. It's not even in the same ballpark with the RM2 so it's been polished and cleaned up and just waiting for the other RM2's I ordered to come in. Which will get to my house Monday....now we wait and see how long before I make it back there to get it.

  3. #3
    Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    9,181

    Default

    I've been trying a variety of builds in the RM2 lately and, in that process, figured out that I get some different vapes depending on how hard/fast I draw the air through it. I've even started playing with builds where I decide ahead of time what kind of pull I'm gonna give it. This has been reminding me of the HH.357, in a funny way. Do y'all remember the set of instructions that came with that thing? How hard to suck, how long to suck, when to suck, when to drip 6 drops, when to drip 2 drops, when and how to do little gurgle suckets, when to blow it, how to blow it, DON'T GLOW IT! . . . . SHEEEEET! It had good flavor, but Lordy, what a PITA!

  4. #4
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Cactus Breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Another nice thing about the RM2 is that it's pretty forgiving of squonking technique. Being a newbie to squonking I sometimes overdo it, but it seems to be just about impossible to flood the RM2 because of its design. Definitely hits real nice, too - almost TOO nice! Last night was my first night with it and I was enjoying the flavor so much and having so much fun blowing big clouds that I was turning green by bedtime.

  5. #5
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    pesky_human's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Breath View Post
    Another nice thing about the RM2 is that it's pretty forgiving of squonking technique. Being a newbie to squonking I sometimes overdo it, but it seems to be just about impossible to flood the RM2 because of its design. Definitely hits real nice, too - almost TOO nice! Last night was my first night with it and I was enjoying the flavor so much and having so much fun blowing big clouds that I was turning green by bedtime.
    Yeah I am glad that I have been tapering my nic down to the 10-12 mg level because the flavor of the RM2 with cotton is so good that it is tough to stop doing outrageous lung hits and making my region mostly cloudy.

    I don't know how one would flood this thing. With the excess juice going back to the bottle, I'm thinking it would be pretty difficult. That's the most ingenious design aspect of the Reo, as far as I am concerned.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  6. #6
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Cactus Breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pesky_human View Post
    Yeah I am glad that I have been tapering my nic down to the 10-12 mg level because the flavor of the RM2 with cotton is so good that it is tough to stop doing outrageous lung hits and making my region mostly cloudy.
    Yep. I've had to retrain myself to exhale away from my monitor because the clouds keep obscuring my view!

    Quote Originally Posted by pesky_human View Post
    I don't know how one would flood this thing. With the excess juice going back to the bottle, I'm thinking it would be pretty difficult. That's the most ingenious design aspect of the Reo, as far as I am concerned.
    Agreed 100%. It really is a slick design. Easy to coil, easy to use and hard to screw up!

  7. #7
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    minigoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Agree with OP 100%, RM2 is a wonderful RBA. No flooding, No leaking, Easy Peasy to rebuild, wick is simple to replace, …etc

    I should be a verified member in a few days, going to be listing some unused stuff in the classies. Bet no one can guess what i'm going to do with that money?

    Answer: Buy another REO

  8. #8
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Cactus Breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minigoat View Post
    Agree with OP 100%, RM2 is a wonderful RBA. No flooding, No leaking, Easy Peasy to rebuild, wick is simple to replace, …etc

    I should be a verified member in a few days, going to be listing some unused stuff in the classies. Bet no one can guess what i'm going to do with that money?
    Buy a Vamo?


    ...and I see what you did there!

  9. #9
    Super Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    REOville
    Posts
    785
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FACE MEAT View Post
    I've been blissfully vaping away on my REO Grand / RM2 since it arrived about a month ago. I've had no desire or reason to use any of the dozen or so other devices I've amassed prior to acquiring my REO.

    Out of curiosity, I decided to order a HH357 earlier this week. I had heard good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

    Mr. Postman delivered it this afternoon and I quickly threw it atop my trusty Grand. If it had arrived prior to me being spoiled by the vaping nirvana that is the REO/RM2, I would have been impressed. It's delivers a respectable vape, but it doesn't hold a candle to the awesomeness that is the RM2.

    Further curiosity possessed me to break out one of my tube mechanicals and genesis atties. I fussed about with a cable/mesh wick and wrapped a handsome coil, filled it with liquid and gave it a toot...

    Meh...it was decent. Just decent.

    Long story short, I think I'm done spending money on anything that isn't REO related. I'm spoiled.
    ^ This is fact, truth, law, or whatever else you with to take of it.

  10. #10
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran NicoHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,775
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    It's really ironic the best vaping atty in the world is also, by far, the fastest and easiest to use. This matters a lot for seniors. Pre-REO I watched numerous genny setup videos. YGBSM! All that just to vape? Carry a hypodermic to fill it? I have to vape like drinking with the wick on the bottom side? Woe be me if I forget and lay it down? And back to the fiddling if it develops hot spots? Then there's the Kayfun... how many parts have to be assembled in the correct orientation? No thanks.

    My first REO had an RM2 and got a slightly sub-ohm micro coil with cotton--total time maybe five minutes after unpacking. Widely spaced, drilled posts over ceramic base. Easy! Made my ProTanks seem like those ultralight cigarettes with holes punched in them! Cartos aren't even on the radar any more. My second REO came with THREE RM2s. Never want to be without one again.
    Two REO Grands w/RM2 RDAs • Super-T Precise Simplicity 18500 w/ΣΟΦΙΑ IBTanked • eVic and USB eGos w/ProTanks
    Swedish snus - a stealthier alternative to stealth vaping.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks