Modifying your mods - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree931Likes

Thread: Modifying your mods

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by azzaman View Post
    I'm too lazy to tinker with things. I buy a product so the hard work is already done for me. As much as I enjoy seeing guys mod there mods, probably not the best idea to post it, as someone with less experience is going to try it and blow half their face off.
    i don't have a problem with the mad scientists posting stuff. every single innovation in the history of mankind has been the result of that sort of "posting", whether on ECF, Gutenberg's press, stone tablets, or cave drawings.

collectively, the bleeding edge guys have done a pretty damn nice job of posting warnings, caveats and disclaimers (especially after a few nudges from the Master)

that said, ya can't help stupid. (and, yes, as one of the resident Village Idiots i resemble that remark)

i enjoy reading all of the mad scientists' posts. clearly, they have spurred innovation, just like the cave drawings did

Rob is, of course, going to take it to the next level. That is what he does and has been doing since the first Reo rolled off his workbench.

i have no problem at all with how this all has worked out, and continues to progress further. perhaps that is because this particular Village Idiot has managed to retain enough functional brain cells to realize it's not (yet) for me.

YMMV

My hat is off to these guys (and not my face)...
    Last edited by MamaTried; 10-01-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    oldbroad, JC Okie, ukeman and 10 others like this.

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher, No ego, No Chickens, No Socks

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MamaTried View Post
    don't worry about it Monkey.

i'd be willing to bet that Rob realizes (like the rest of us) that you, pdib, dhomes and a few of the others are just freakin flat-out nuts...

... and it's really the rest of us putzes that he worries about, because you dudes are way past hope, redemption or salvation...

I stopped posting about the modding im doing over here some days ago, as soon as rob let us know that a stock solution was coming there was no further need to call attention to it. And it was indeed the best outcome to all this, even if you dont sub-ohm, arent you glad that the rei is going to see an improvement from the maker itself?

Not that i dont keep doing it, i ilke to tinker, i just keep it shhhhhhhhhhhh

umm, that's my way of agreeing with your post [/QUOTE]

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Why mess with perfection?
    JC Okie and malkuth like this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by texasguy4 View Post
    So down the road we all can have perfection. Squared.

But seriously, we all have different needs, for a secific sub set of reo users there WAS this something that needed addressing. Rob is listening and is bringing the improvement, we all gain.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks Rob, I must be old or odd but I like my ohms around 1.4 because I take insanely long huge hits .....
    I hit it for as long as it takes to fill my ginormas lungs through whatever size air hole the attached device has ....
    I've never drilled out an air hole in anything and actually find the RM2 a little big after using the Chalice(s) for so long.

Right now every REO I own is treating me just fine, but glad your working on pleasing everyone.

I don't need more power but better battery life is always nice, I've just sold my last VV REO and I don't stack batts in anything anymore .... Just simple single AW batts and vape until I'm no longer satisfied, usually 3.7ish....

I love modding things but I need a reason to do so .... usually to go faster I just don't need more power .... heck if a coil comes out at 1.1 I can't wait for the batter to drain off a little so I can hit it for 20 seconds
    jeffsm3, oldbroad, MXBNW and 10 others like this.
    REOnaut since November 2010 ...... Still the best vape available almost 4 years later!

Quote Originally Posted by texasguy4 View Post
    Perfection is something we should never achieve in anything. Perfection means there's no room for improvement, creativity, experimentation and tinkering. What a boring world it'd be if things were just perfect.

Wait was that me? That sounded way too deep, that cannot be me!

I'll go back to my secret lab to work on my nano-robotic REO. It has a GPS, music player, USB port, power generator, AI comparable to human intelligence, IR tracking, speech recognition and circuitry protection. Batteries? HA! With a solar powered battery and a panel on the side, it automatically goes outside to take a "sun bathe" and comes back to me ready to give me regulated power up to 100 watts using its highly agile hybrid wheels with inbuilt terrain detector to adjust height. Also you can switch from manual squonking to auto squonking, and it has an adjustable handle for you to choose how you want to grab it.

Dammit I wasn't supposed to share that, it's confidential info don't tell anybody I'll get in deep trouble.

Last edited by jcalis1394; 10-01-2013 at 06:06 PM.

ECF Veteran

Slap a Mikuni SBN48 on there w/throttle by wire for juice feed and adjustable breather as you ramp the power!!! This mod really needs a carburetor!! JK, I love my REOS, upgrades sound awesome!!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Default Not Me

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedancer View Post
    So the new craze is to mod your reo to address voltage drop. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference. The thing is, most people shouldn't be altering their devices. If you have a background in electronics and you're aware of the risks, that’s another story. Removing the spring and replacing it with a loose fuse is a bad idea. There is room for something to go wrong and it will for someone. Someone is going to have a melt down doing this, I know it for a fact. Without the spring the battery can't drop and break the connection if there is a short. My first priority is safety.

I am working on a kit for sub ohm vapers that will reduce the voltage drop safely. I will push this as hard as I can to get it done quickly.

Please note that modifying your Reo nullifies the warranty. That doesn't mean I won't make repairs in the event of a problem, it just means you will be charged for the repairs.

The Reo series are safe & simple. for those who modify it just be careful. I have tested for voltage drop & found it to be small if not nil. Keep it as it is 7 you will be happier.

louis

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    The Reo series are safe & simple. for those who modify it just be careful. I have tested for voltage drop & found it to be small if not nil. Keep it as it is 7 you will be happier.

louis
    Depends on the coil and what wattage you vape at. vDrop increases as you go lower. So to me it's the other way around, mod it and I'll be happier .

Rob comes with his own sub-ohm kit, I'll experience a feeling that is beyond happiness
    JC Okie, Vapolith, malkuth and 2 others like this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by element77 View Post
    JK,
    Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    I have tested for voltage drop & found it to be small if not nil. Keep it as it is 7 you will be happier.

louis
    just joining the fun, not looking for advice, thanks

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast