Modifying your mods
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree931Likes

Thread: Modifying your mods

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran redeyedancer's Avatar

Default Modifying your mods

So the new craze is to mod your reo to address voltage drop. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference. The thing is, most people shouldn't be altering their devices. If you have a background in electronics and you're aware of the risks, that’s another story. Removing the spring and replacing it with a loose fuse is a bad idea. There is room for something to go wrong and it will for someone. Someone is going to have a melt down doing this, I know it for a fact. Without the spring the battery can't drop and break the connection if there is a short. My first priority is safety.

I am working on a kit for sub ohm vapers that will reduce the voltage drop safely. I will push this as hard as I can to get it done quickly.

Please note that modifying your Reo nullifies the warranty. That doesn't mean I won't make repairs in the event of a problem, it just means you will be charged for the repairs.
    Last edited by Rhapsodies Fire; 09-30-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

if that fuse contacts the battery door or any part of the body with the top leg then it will render the fuse protection completely useless, and you def are correct that it can cause a big problem in the event of a short. bravo for addressing this and even more so for actually working on a solution, very impressive...

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have been reading and cringing for a week now reading different threads.

I am one that will NOT be changing anything in my REO's. I will keep my ohm's at .9 or higher.

Thank you Robert for stepping up and putting this in a sticky thread.

Your kit sounds like it will give those Reonauts that want a viable option.

Stand up and be counted:
    REO ROLL CALL

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Vash's Avatar

No modding here and keep ohms at .8-1.0 .

Will wait for your kit and play it safe :-)

Thanks for looking outt for everyone Robert!

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I didn't buy the best and hassle free mod only just to work on it. Hell, if could get out of changing batteries and refilling juice I would!

EDIT: FYI, my post wasn't meant to be a jab of those that do...just nothing I need nor ever want to do.
    Last edited by unsure; 09-30-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    oldbroad, MXBNW, JC Okie and 19 others like this.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

Proud REOnaut Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by nerak View Post

I am one that will NOT be changing anything in my REO's. I will keep my ohm's at .9 or higher.

+1^^^ Exactly. Never have/never will modify any of mine.....probably won't be buying a kit.....appreciate the fact that you're addressing the situation. [Karen: Have done my share of cringing right along with ya.... ]
    Using various REOs with various RM2s and LOVIN' it!

OG Micro Coiler Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I hear you Rob. Thanks for looking out for us and our mods. I won't be leading anyone else down the path

VAPE IT LIKE YOU $TOLE IT AND WHEN IN DOUBT SQUONK https://www.youtube.com/user/sxmxdrifter

Super Member ECF Veteran NumberOneBatfan's Avatar

I got as far as taking my spring out, scraped a tiny bit of paint off which gave me a sick feeling in my stomach, then decided to wait for your "official" mod. When i sat down at the computer, this post was waiting for me. Made the right choice yet again Bats.
    Close.....a little too close.

REOnaut Forever Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by nerak View Post

I'll fess up to doing a lot of cringing, too! I don't see needing a boost, personally, as I don't do ohms much lower than 1.4 with my sweet juices, but I can see maybe, just maybe, doing a little boost on Mini 1.0s. So, if Robert does his "endorsed mod" for the 14500 I may give one or two a whirl.

And thanks so very much, Robert for all you do and for this OP.

{edit} Many of my AW batteries have some age on them. New 14500s would probably give the 1.0s some boost and vape time but I'd rather direct my money elsewhere right now.... Like a couple more RM2s for example.
    Last edited by FeistyAlice; 09-30-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    Yes, women do suffer from PMS; Patriarchy, Misogyny, and Sexism.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well said Rob.

For myself a long time REO user I am very happy and always have been with the REO.

Progress has been made over the last few years in the regards to performance of all REO’s

But the Safety of the REO has always been a big seller for me. This is one of the reasons I put one in my wife’s hands and did not worry about her safety. That was the last thing I need her to worry about when she was trying to quit smoking.

Rob has always thought of our safety first. I am sure that will always be his #1 priority.

Now with that said there is always new ideas to explore and new breakthroughs in vaping will continue.
    The New BF-RBS’s have only hit the REO and the Vaping world in the last year or so. Before that it was how good were the 1.5 ohm attys and where to buy them or the best carto to use on them. Oh and there was the 6v craze that has come and gone.

I have seen a lot of new items come out and most have gone by the wayside.
    The REO has always worked (In my Opinion) on simple and safe is better principle.

I am sure in time (When Rob gets some) there will be new updates to the REO but it all takes time.

As a small business owner myself, I know I will never be able to please everyone but always try to build my business so our product will works as intended for the majority that use our service and we are always open to new ideas. There is always a work around for the special cases but they're less the 1% of our product users.

I am sure Rob looks at it the same way. (I could be wrong on that, but I doubt it)

Keep up the good work Rob, It’s been a long run and I am proud to say I was there in the beginning. I always will be a REO user and supporter of the REO.

I am also proud to call you friend.
    Last edited by Rhapsodies Fire; 09-30-2013 at 10:23 PM.
    Knight in the Brotherhood of the “Holy Mod Trinity”
    Analog free since March, 2010
    REO Grand #1, Wood REO, REO Mini, Supper Mini, REO Woodvil, VVW, VVG
    VV Mods: Buzz, BP & Infinity, VVPV
    Avejuice.com Havana Gold and BF-RBA, ERA, Challis

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast