Reomizer microcoil advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Reomizer microcoil advice

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreBoge View Post
    I suppose I'd have to say my emphasis would be on good flavour, maybe middle-of-the-road on temperature and not in the least bothered about vapour production.
    Sounds like 1.8 ish would fit the bill.
    Vapolith and malkuth like this.
    ReoGrand No2 / Super-t simp 26500 + 26650 blem tube / ReoGrand
    PAPS LUX #0768 / PAPS V2.1 #0053 / Super-t P18650 / P16 / Cube

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreBoge View Post
    Hi all,

I recently ordered myself a Reo Grand and Reomizer, they haven't been delivered as yet but I'm trying to get sorted out in advance.

I'm planning on trying out a microcoil and cotton wick, I've never messed with microcoils before so could do with a little advice.
    I know there are a ton of good tutorial videos, showing how to build microcoils, but most of 'em seem to centre round building coils of relatively low resistance.

I mainly vape my favourite juices at around 5.5 Watts so, on a mech, I'm thinking a coil around 2.8 Ohm would be about right.

Can some kind soul give me some idea a microcoil spec. for around 2.8 Ohm?
    Kanthal gauge, mandrel diameter, number of wraps and all that stuff?

Ta in advance.

*I copied this over from New Members forum as I got no replies - hope this is OK.*
    I made slight modification to my Reo that solved this problem for me. I scrapped the powder coat off at the top right side of the battery and put a kick 2 in it. Of course, you would have to use a 18490 battery, but that works fine for me.
    UKPaul, Vapolith and malkuth like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just got my Reo and RM2. Using 32 gauge wire I built a 1.8 ohm coil for the RM2 and it hits smoother and lighter than my 2.5ohm attys on the eVic at 7 watts. I'm going to try to build 1 ohm coil tonight and give that a try. Two days ago I would thought you were crazy to go that low, that it would only burn your throat.
    Vapolith, malkuth and Matthee like this.

Using Reo Woodvil, Reo Woodvil 18490, LP Reo Grand, SL Reo Grand, Pdib Dibi. Chalice, RM2, Cyclone, Divo, ReadyxWick

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAdams View Post
    I made slight modification to my Reo that solved this problem for me. I scrapped the powder coat off at the top right side of the battery and put a kick 2 in it. Of course, you would have to use a 18490 battery, but that works fine for me.
    how are you holding the kick2 in place?

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher, No ego, No Chickens, No Socks, between the viaducts of your dream...

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MamaTried View Post
    how are you holding the kick2 in place?
    I have the two negative pins touching the bare aluminum on the right and the top post slipped in the groove where the firing pin is located. I have been using this combo for about two weeks and I really like it.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAdams View Post
    I have the two negative pins touching the bare aluminum on the right and the top post slipped in the groove where the firing pin is located. I have been using this combo for about two weeks and I really like it.
    thanks. maybe i'll try that. i failed miserably at being a pink eraser ninja...
    Izan, Vapolith and malkuth like this.

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher, No ego, No Chickens, No Socks, between the viaducts of your dream...

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MamaTried View Post
    thanks. maybe i'll try that. i failed miserably at being a pink eraser ninja...
    Yeah I did not want to try the pink eraser trick. In my case I think the trick is to make sure both negative post touch the side so the kick does not rotate and once the top post is the the groove where the firing pin is mine have not moved until I take them out.
    Vapolith, malkuth and MamaTried like this.

Quote Originally Posted by super_X_drifter View Post
    Hey bro, good answers above this reply. Glad you found us over here.

For 30 ga Kanthal A1, I'd say start at 13 wraps around a 1/16" (1.5 - 1.6 mm) mandrel. See how that works out. Too cool = loose a wrap or two. Too hot = add a wrap or two.

Check out this photo tutorial too
    RM2 / RBA 2.0 / Reomizer 2 Rebuild Tutorial
    RM2 / RBA 2.0 / Reomizer 2 Rebuild Tutorial
    Thanks, pal, I'll give it a go using your spec. and see how things go from there.

The thing I'm trying to get my head around is just how differently microcoils perform compared to normal coils. I suppose only experience will provide the proper answer to that one.

Just need USPS and Royal Mail to get their arses in gear now.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Great advice so far! How did you choose your name, NoMoreBoge? You done with cartos or did you have a Boge Revolution V2?
    malkuth likes this.
    Vaping on: Reo Mini 2.1 and 4 Reo Grands.
    Vaping with: Reomizer 2 on all my Reos.
    Reonaut FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/238309729548613/
    Please support vaping @: http://casaa.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Vapolith View Post
    How did you choose your name, NoMoreBoge? You done with cartos or did you have a Boge Revolution V2?
    Ah, well, you may be sorry you asked that one.

I was thinking of going for user name OffBoge but then realised some may find it offensive.

I guess that gives you a clue, eh?

Boge quality control blows goat. I can live with a few duds in a batch, maybe 5% or thereabouts, but the last two bricks I purchased (reputable vendor) were absolutely bloody awful.

The DOAs (bad thread, dodgy resistance, blocked side vents etc.) are bad enough but the sneaky buggers, the ones that check out OK but die right quick, are massively annoying.

So there you have it; NoMoreBoge, BogeBeBuggered or whatever.

Rant over. Well, for now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast