Reomizer microcoil advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Reomizer microcoil advice

Default Reomizer microcoil advice

Hi all,

I recently ordered myself a Reo Grand and Reomizer, they haven't been delivered as yet but I'm trying to get sorted out in advance.

I'm planning on trying out a microcoil and cotton wick, I've never messed with microcoils before so could do with a little advice.
    I know there are a ton of good tutorial videos, showing how to build microcoils, but most of 'em seem to centre round building coils of relatively low resistance.

I mainly vape my favourite juices at around 5.5 Watts so, on a mech, I'm thinking a coil around 2.8 Ohm would be about right.

Can some kind soul give me some idea a microcoil spec. for around 2.8 Ohm?
    Kanthal gauge, mandrel diameter, number of wraps and all that stuff?

Ta in advance.

*I copied this over from New Members forum as I got no replies - hope this is OK.*
    Izan, UKPaul, Vapolith and 1 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

2.8 ohms would be very high on a mech.

I maybe wrong but think the highest you would want to go get a good vape is 1.8 to 2 ohms.

Super x is the master in this ohm range and will probably give you some good coil guidance.
    ReoGrand No2 / Super-t simp 26500 + 26650 blem tube / ReoGrand
    PAPS LUX #0768 / PAPS V2.1 #0053 / Super-t P18650 / P16 / Cube

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Micro coils and ohms description

This thread gives alot of examples of guages, wraps and ohms.

The thicker the wire the lower the resistance. Lower gauge wire also easier to work with in my opinion. I've never built anything in the range your shooting for.

The nice thing about the RM2 is that it's pretty easy to build on so you can experiment until you get it just right. Fortunately it really doesn't take that long. It is highly recommended that you have a meter of some sore to measure resistance. I actually use a vamo to build mine and test fire them.

I'm sure some more knowledgeable folks will be along with more information shortly.
    UKPaul, Vapolith, malkuth and 1 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreBoge View Post
    Hi all,

I recently ordered myself a Reo Grand and Reomizer, they haven't been delivered as yet but I'm trying to get sorted out in advance.

I'm planning on trying out a microcoil and cotton wick, I've never messed with microcoils before so could do with a little advice.
    I know there are a ton of good tutorial videos, showing how to build microcoils, but most of 'em seem to centre round building coils of relatively low resistance.

I mainly vape my favourite juices at around 5.5 Watts so, on a mech, I'm thinking a coil around 2.8 Ohm would be about right.

Ta in advance.

*I copied this over from New Members forum as I got no replies - hope this is OK.*
    BTW - good to see you have gone with a reo and rm2.
    What colour did you go with nomoreboge
    Vapolith and malkuth like this.
    ReoGrand No2 / Super-t simp 26500 + 26650 blem tube / ReoGrand
    PAPS LUX #0768 / PAPS V2.1 #0053 / Super-t P18650 / P16 / Cube

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I hate to say it but you may have to use 32g in order to hit that mark and keep the number of coils manageable. I don't use 32g for anything any more. Since the diameter of a micro is much smaller than a standard coil, imagine your normal number of wraps increasing.
    UKPaul, Vapolith and malkuth like this.

I'd say give this range a try, 1.5-2.0 ohms. You might be in for a pleasant surprise. Otherwise, since you vaped at 5.5 watts 2.6-2.8 ohms should give you that really low power you are aiming for. Keep in mind you won't be at a regulated 5.5 watts output so you are better off aiming at 2.6 ohms so you start fresh off the battery at somewhere around 7 watts and by the time you replace the battery you'd still be at roughly 5 watts. I still urge you to try that lower range though. I haven't really built anything past 1 ohms so I don't have experience there. I vape at around 24-28 watts.

Experiment with 28g, 30g and 32g kanthal. If you can pull off a 2.8 ohm coil with at least 10 wraps that'd be ideal. Test with different amount of wraps until you find that sweet spot.
    UKPaul, Vapolith and malkuth like this.

Thanks chaps,

I went for the Black/Silver Vein jobby but I'm hoping I can build a nice protective leather sleeve for it. Aint fathomed that yet but I will as soon as it arrives.

I've built quite a few coils before but never a microcoil, never for cotton and never for use on a mech.
    I suppose VW devices make things much easier, just dial in the Wattage and let the device take care of all the faff.

Yeah, it was the RM2's apparent 'open access' that led me to get one. Bad peepers and fingers like sausages need all the help they can get.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi all,

Ta in advance.

What do you want out of your vape....cool, hot, warm, big clouds, mild, hard hitting?
    "Asante Sana! Squash banana! We we nuga! Mi mi apana!"

Quote Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
    What do you want out of your vape....cool, hot, warm, big clouds, mild, hard hitting?
    I suppose I'd have to say my emphasis would be on good flavour, maybe middle-of-the-road on temperature and not in the least bothered about vapour production.

OG Micro Coiler Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi all,

Ta in advance.

Hey bro, good answers above this reply. Glad you found us over here.

For 30 ga Kanthal A1, I'd say start at 13 wraps around a 1/16" (1.5 - 1.6 mm) mandrel. See how that works out. Too cool = loose a wrap or two. Too hot = add a wrap or two.

Check out this photo tutorial too
    RM2 / RBA 2.0 / Reomizer 2 Rebuild Tutorial
    RM2 / RBA 2.0 / Reomizer 2 Rebuild Tutorial

VAPE IT LIKE YOU $TOLE IT AND WHEN IN DOUBT SQUONK https://www.youtube.com/user/sxmxdrifter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast