Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: You can lead a horse to water

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Anyone know if there are any brick and mortar vape shops that sell Reos anywhere? My local shop just sells egos and other tube mods.
    JC Okie, malkuth and Matthee like this.
    Vaping on: Reo Mini 2.1 and 4 Reo Grands.
    Vaping with: Reomizer 2 on all my Reos.
    Reonaut FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/238309729548613/
    Please support vaping @: http://casaa.org/

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vapolith View Post
    Anyone know if there are any brick and mortar vape shops that sell Reos anywhere? My local shop just sells egos and other tube mods.
    CATastrophe and I are trying to get our local B&M (Rocky Top Vapors) to carry one or two. There are a couple of stores that carry them, but only a couple.
    azzaman, Vapolith and Matthee like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm glad I went through the other stuff first, it really let's me appreciate how good the REO really is.

If I had started with the REO I still would have assumed that there may be something better/different and just been disappointed when I spent the money.

I say let people find their own way unless they ask specifically about the REO or their needs/wants line up directly with what the REO offers.
    azzaman, Vapolith, malkuth and 4 others like this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Vale46's Avatar

First rule of reo club is .........
    azzaman, Vapolith and malkuth like this.
    We shall win again! (Have won again! Assen June 29 2013)

ECF Veteran

Lets see...

REO (blemished) $115
    RM2 $43
    Batteries ($22)
    Wire ($10)
    Spare Parts ($5)

About $200, less liquid, to get started with a single Reo. If someone is on minimum wage, that is a whole lot of money to spend on something all at once. Being cash poor can be a cycle. Even for cigs some buy a pack at a time to limit their outlay - not because they want to but be cause they have limited options to manage cash flow (whether that is real or perceived is another story).

For $25-50 someone can be up and running with a basic setup that does the job. Hard to argue with that.

Ascended to Nirvana Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by new kid View Post
    Lets see...

REO (blemished) $115
    RM2 $43
    Batteries ($22)
    Wire ($10)
    Spare Parts ($5)

About $200, less liquid, to get started with a single Reo. If someone is on minimum wage, that is a whole lot of money to spend on something all at once. Being cash poor can be a cycle. Even for cigs some buy a pack at a time to limit their outlay - not because they want to but be cause they have limited options to manage cash flow (whether that is real or perceived is another story).

For $25-50 someone can be up and running with a basic setup that does the job. Hard to argue with that.
    Not hard to argue at all: That basic set up is disposable, and will only charge ~250 times. While they are saving all that money by not buying a pack at a time, they can put it into a permanent PV and atty, then replace the batteries every year or so instead of every few months. It's basic economics, buy once for a lifetime or buy cheap and replace over and over.

Caravela #294, REO's with RM2's: Grand, VVGs, VVWs including Tesla, Mini 2.1s, & Woodvils, Mamu DNA20 Delsy,
    ProVari/ZAP, lizardnipples, RBA's and RDA's with a few Trippy Tips on top

Senior Member ECF Veteran Vale46's Avatar

I hear you about drip feed with money, but where I'm from if you smoke 20 a day that's 2492 a year. Can't argue with that...

About $4k
    Last edited by Vale46; 10-14-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    We shall win again! (Have won again! Assen June 29 2013)

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quite so Vale and more expensive annually. Just don't tell Americans what you pay there for petrol/gasoline!

T
    azzaman, Vale46, malkuth and 1 others like this.

You are what you eat? I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by vsummer1 View Post
    Not hard to argue at all: That basic set up is disposable, and will only charge ~250 times. While they are saving all that money by not buying a pack at a time, they can put it into a permanent PV and atty, then replace the batteries every year or so instead of every few months. It's basic economics, buy once for a lifetime or buy cheap and replace over and over.
    The economics of it is very clear. However, when you don't have much money the economics of what you should buy gets out weighed by what you can buy. Poverty can be a vicious circle and having limited cash often means limiting what makes long term sense.

You can also say that its cheaper that buy stinkies. However, spending money on something that might work becomes a stretch. Imagine someone trying a $5 e-cig from wallies or the local cig store. It sucked. But spending $200 will make it perfect?

I work at a place with a very diverse income range. I was outside vaping on my Reo and a couple of guys asked me what the heck that was. These guys just started, probably making around $10-12 an hour. I let him try my Reo ( I keep spare tips handy) and he about choked on it. But he said I want one of those! That's way better than the others I have tried. And asked me to send him some info.

I sent him 3 options: Reo, iTaste MVP kit ($45) and offered to find him something around $25 that would work ok as well. I give him the virtues of the different options. Haven't heard back on what he did with the info though.

Having started on $25 kits (they cost more back then) they were ok. Honestly. Not nearly in the class of the Reo, but they were OK and there are better options now than when I started. Like a mechanical and clearomizer that is rebuild-able. I think the journey getting the Reo was a blast - expensive, but a blast. I know the ins and outs of the other options out there and not all of them are horrible.

Just my $.02.

Now if someone asked me whether they should get the ProVari or the Reo, the whole situation changes. Reo hands down.

Proud REOnaut Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vapolith View Post
    The VaporKings stores (Tulsa area....3 stores) sell them in the stores....not on line.
    Vapolith and malkuth like this.
    Using various REOs with various RM2s and LOVIN' it!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast