Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: You can lead a horse to water

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default You can lead a horse to water

Thoughts,

I've seen over my time here on ecf the recommendations given to people on the various devices. I was a victim for months until I found my reos. Does anyone see this as well or is it just me?

I understand there are thousands of devices out there. But the latest craze seems to be those crappy pro tanks. Oh and a ego spinner. They aren't much better then the stuff that broke not long after me buying them back in '12.

Would it it be better to save my own sanity and just let these people find a decent vape, or peruse giving recommendations on something that actually works?

You can lead a horse to water.....

But a pencil must be lead.

Pick your battles mate, Pick your battles.

Cheers
    I
    My wood swells.

ECF Veteran

It's one of those things, where if I had that advice early, I would of saved a nice amount of coin.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well it depends on what a person wants. Also of course the money they are willing to spend. If a person were to pay $85 to a B&M for an ego kit to start out with. Then buy clearo's at 3 to 5 bux a pop over a year you're looking at $136 to $215 over a year. That is not including if you get another mod. With a Reo and RM2 you're looking at $187 add a hundred feet of kanthal and a box of cotton total cost around 15 bux. Grand total $202 for Reo setup and carefree vaping for a couple of years less the juice cost but you'd have that anyway. I'd just make the suggestion and let the chips fall where they may ...... They'll find their way here anyway if they are looking for the best.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

People will always have to find what they like that works for them in terms of liquid, device and budget.

You can offer advice is all but for every person that says "buy a Reo", there's another saying "get a Provari". Choice is good.

T

You are what you eat? I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning!

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by azzaman View Post
    Thoughts,

I've seen over my time here on ecf the recommendations given to people on the various devices. I was a victim for months until I found my reos. Does anyone see this as well or is it just me?

I understand there are thousands of devices out there. But the latest craze seems to be those crappy pro tanks. Oh and a ego spinner. They aren't much better then the stuff that broke not long after me buying them back in '12.

Would it it be better to save my own sanity and just let these people find a decent vape, or peruse giving recommendations on something that actually works?

My opinion is the beginning vaper tries to capture that fantastic vape for the least money possible.

Like most things in life vaping is a lesson learned in steps. Will it work first of all. Then how to vape with the least amount of hassle with vape gear. Throw in the always present concern of money spent to achieve your goal.

I think suggesting the REO is always proper to a vaper that is making their way through devices. Some will pass and keep trying the latest PV and accessories. Some will decide to give the REO a try.

I hate to think that to consider a REO one must be frustrated at their vape gear. But I know that is the case for a lot of buyers.

I basically state my reasons for owning/using REO's and let them decide if they want further information.

Stand up and be counted:
    REO ROLL CALL

Blog Entries

You can't save 'em all, but I try. At the least I can show as many new vapers as I can one of Super-X's inspiring videos.
    CATastrophe, azzaman, Izan and 5 others like this.
    Two REO Grands w/RM2 RDAs • Super-T Precise Simplicity 18500 w/ΣΟΦΙΑ IBTanked • eVic and USB eGos w/ProTanks
    Swedish snus - a stealthier alternative to stealth vaping.

ECF Veteran

Yes I saw that, nice work, you did the same for me on another thread. One at a time mate.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by supertrunker View Post
    You can offer advice is all but for every person that says "buy a Reo", there's another saying "get a Provari". Choice is good.

T
    I could happily advise for either based on hardware merits. But, the reo has the untouchable advantage of juice delivery. Between bottom feed and the rm2, it is a perfect match. My provari had too many tank types on it to even remember. I never found a tank that worked perfectly for me, and was fiddle free.

I got close with a few things. The evod was pretty hassle free....but like 1.5ml and not the best vape, etc.
    June 13, 2012. That's all.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I totally agree, I would have saved at least the cost of three reo's with all the clearos and carto's and mods I bought.

I have a couple friends who vape, one with a sid/vivi nova and one with a spinner/ce4. Showed them the Reo and how to build coils, they enjoy the vape but just don't want to get that "into" vaping. I look at them .

The Reo seems to have an image of being a more advanced user device, especially with the RM2. I know for myself, that I wasn't comfortable wrapping coils until I got a bunch of protank rebuilds under me. So, I can see how it can feel overwhelming for newbies to get into bottom feeding RDA's.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast