Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: A real introduction!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran redeyedancer's Avatar

Welcome Richard
    malkuth and Matthee like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Welcome, Richard. I have used the flat tops in mine occasionally with no problems. I mostly just use the AW IMR's.

I'm curious what kind of coil you are using in the Hornet. Is it a cotton micro? Makes a world of difference in vape quality with what the coil is like and the medium.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by new kid View Post
    Welcome, Richard. I have used the flat tops in mine occasionally with no problems. I mostly just use the AW IMR's.

I'm curious what kind of coil you are using in the Hornet. Is it a cotton micro? Makes a world of difference in vape quality with what the coil is like and the medium.
    I'm using Ekowool, 2mm looped, with 4 wraps of 30g Kanthal... I use the same stuff in my Helios (same looped Ekowool, but I do two 5 wrap coils, which gives me about 0.8 ohms total). Perhaps it just has to do with switching from dual coil to single coil again. I'm still getting good throat hit, the flavor is just a bit different from my Helios.

I've used a microcoil with cotton before in an Igo-L, with great results. I've tried a microcoil in the Hornet, but the interior is so darn small it's hard to get a good coil in there without it touching the side of the cap.
    malkuth and Matthee like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12