I was excited.. and then.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: I was excited.. and then..

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It is a good idea to clean your REO also. You can soak it in water with dish soap. Take the bottle off and let the water go up through the connector. You can also remove the o-ring in the cap to clean.

Stand up and be counted:
    REO ROLL CALL

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ancient puffer View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find it unethical and immoral to sell something that isn't working and not mention it?....
    A thousand times, yes! The last classies purchase I made was for my white whale.. A mini Woodvil in walnut/zebra to match a regular Woodvil I have. Upon arrival, I found a mess.. Including the negative wire completely missing from the switch. (Not unattached.. missing).

After a quick trip to Maine for the little guy, Robert hooked me up.

Needless to say, my last classies purchase will most likely be my last classies purchase.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCrusher View Post
    I just bought a rebuild kit. I'll send it off to Rob if I feel the need. Would have been great to have known there was an issue because I just got a package from Rob today -_-
    Watch rob's video on rebuilding the reo. I received my reo from the classifieds not working as well (was aware of one of the issues when purchased), and rebuilt the whole thing in around 20 minutes.

I am not mechanically inclined at all....not even a little, and the rebuild was a snap. From what i hear Rob will fix it and send it back to you working as if it was brand new, but do not be scared of a rebuild yourself.
    malkuth likes this.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran redeyedancer's Avatar

Personally I would never buy a used mod unless I new the person was honest and clean . I get mods in the shop all the time people trying to save a few bucks so they buy a used mods . Only to end up spending full price for a used and abused mod

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedancer View Post
    Personally I would never buy a used mod unless I new the person was honest and clean . I get mods in the shop all the time people trying to save a few bucks so they buy a used mods . Only to end up spending full price for a used and abused mod
    I have with lots of pics, and even then it has to be cheap enough that with a rebuild I come in more than a few dollars less than new. I've also gotten really lucky compared to stories I hear. One I saw...new door, so it looked great in one pic. When I got more, it had obviously been the gravel road tester.
    June 13, 2012. That's all.

Ultra Member* Verified Member AmandaD's Avatar

Yeah, much as I love mine simply because it's my first Reo, it wouldn't have been very much more to get a new, clean one with the extra parts they come with. It arrived not only dirty but with a partially filled bottle of juice - I mean, really? But it introduced me to Reoville, and for that I'm grateful. And I'm in love with my brand new RM2

ECF Veteran

Unless it's out of production or the savings are good, it's better to support the maker directly and buy new.

Ultra Member* Verified Member AmandaD's Avatar

I agree - however, it has to be good for him to have the demand of a used market (at such a high price too)- word gets around, people eventually come to him for another one, etc., etc!

Quote Originally Posted by azzaman View Post
    Unless it's out of production or the savings are good, it's better to support the maker directly and buy new.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaD View Post
    I agree - however, it has to be good for him to have the demand of a used market (at such a high price too)- word gets around, people eventually come to him for another one, etc., etc!
    Well said, and that's a good point.
    AmandaD likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member BabyCrusher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedancer View Post
    Well rob you see...I'm waiting for a woody ^_^ figured I need a practice mate so I know how to treat it right ^_^

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    One does not know convenience until gifted with a REO

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast