I was excited.. and then.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: I was excited.. and then..

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCrusher View Post
    Well rob you see...I'm waiting for a woody ^_^ figured I need a practice mate so I know how to treat it right ^_^

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    haha, requesting for a priority queue? Look at those pic in woodvil time, you may find something you like. Sorry to hear that there are ex-Reo owner who abused their Reo in such manners. In Reoville, every single Reo is so dear to us.
    malkuth and yaypudding like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That really is inexcusable to not mention a broken part like that, impossible for the seller to not have known. Then to ship it dirty when it takes what, 15 minutes to clean one up. So sorry you had to experience that, but glad the little Reo has found a good home and is on the mend.

Welcome to Reoville where it will only get better!

Reo Woodvil, Woodvil 18490, LP Grand, SL Grand, Mini, RM2, RM4, Pdib Sumpin, Nuppin, Chalice, Cyclone, Divo, Apollo, ReadyxWick

Senior Member Verified Member BabyCrusher's Avatar

I'm subbed to the woodvil time thread, have the site on all my devices constantly refreshing.

In the sellers defense, he said it's been in a box for a reallllly long time and he failed to inspect it before shipping, so in turn he's taking care of it. I'm not even upset anymore. He was selling a Ton of stuff so I can understand QC slipping when trying to get things out. He literally had it at the post office within the hour of payment.

Glad to be a part of reoville, and I'll enjoy it more in a few days when the kit gets here. In the mean time my built reomizer 2.o will sit... Looking sexy all brass and such

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    One does not know convenience until gifted with a REO

I rigged it up to work because I'm impatient. This thing will be to convenient

OG Micro Coiler Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedancer View Post
    Personally I would never buy a used mod unless I new the person was honest and clean . I get mods in the shop all the time people trying to save a few bucks so they buy a used mods . Only to end up spending full price for a used and abused mod
    Word. I get pm's from people quite frequently asking my opinion on REOs they see on the classies. I ALWAYS recommend to buy from Rob unless you know the seller.

I remind them that a REO is different from a battery holder cause juice flows thru it so people's hygiene (or lack thereof) is much more of a factor with a bottom feeder.

Besides, their rarely more than $10 less than a brand new blem and many are more

I've got all my REOs direct from Rob except one and it was from a notorious clean freak like me

VAPE IT LIKE YOU $TOLE IT AND WHEN IN DOUBT SQUONK https://www.youtube.com/user/sxmxdrifter

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

When I started vaping February of 2011 REO's were hard to find.

Robert was doing his best to keep up with demand. His site had NO REO's for sale. You could only buy them when sales were listed. Then they would be on site for the time it took to sell-out. Usually within an hour.

Classy's were the only other way to buy.

Out of my over 50 REO's I purchased at least 90% were from the classy's. I was very lucky to only have a couple that were less than stated. Some did have juice in them and some were not clean. But back then the prices were usually low and worth the chance.

I will still pick up a REO from the classy's if the price is good. It is always a risk but it can also provide someone the opportunity to get a REO for a price they can pay.

Robert can and will make a used REO function as new. You just might have to factor a repair into the cost of a used REO.

I do understand why Robert does not like the classy's. Sometimes people get their first REO there and then find it sub-par. They don't realize that something is wrong and the REO gets a bad rap.

Stand up and be counted:
    REO ROLL CALL

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    In a 1978 Chevy van parked somewhere along the guadalupe river.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient puffer View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find it unethical and immoral to sell something that isn't working and not mention it? And that's aside from the overall condition it was sent to you in (insanely dirty). I'm so very sorry this person took advantage of your good natured trust.
    Haha! It isn't just you, my friend. Congress comes instantly to mind.

Sorry for your trouble BabyC. I've bought a few off the classies and have had good luck. Course they were from reputable reonaughts. But the classies can be a crap shoot. Best to ask a lot of questions when buying.
    "Asante Sana! Squash banana! We we nuga! Mi mi apana!"

Does anyone know where to get the pieces that broke aside from the parts kit? Look like air fittings but to speed it up figured I'd ask. The repair kit is on the way.. Just hate waiting

malkuth likes this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCrusher View Post
    Does anyone know where to get the pieces that broke aside from the parts kit? Look like air fittings but to speed it up figured I'd ask. The repair kit is on the way.. Just hate waiting

It looks like you need the two piece tubing that goes on the bottom of the 510 connector. Also the center post. You might still be able to use the firing contact strip. But that metal tube you have is hollow and the tubing fits on it. I think you have a very slim chance of getting anything like it. And the center post has a gasket so it won't short.

Best to just wait IMO.
    JC Okie and malkuth like this.

Stand up and be counted:
    REO ROLL CALL

Christmas Eve is easy compared to this :: sigh

JC Okie and yaypudding like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast