OT: 18650 flashlight
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: OT: 18650 flashlight

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default OT: 18650 flashlight

Credit for this idea goes to Super x, when he mentioned looking for a flashlight that uses 18650 batteries I though what a great idea. I always have plenty of charged 18650 at the ready.

Did a few searches and wow the world of flashlights gets deep quickly and they have crazies ( I mean devoted aficionados) just like us, talking about all kinds of ways to mod them and the best to get. Prices can climb into the hundreds.

I found some very nice ones in the 50 to 100 range but decided I need to save money for the Woodvil sale, so I'll just go cheap and see if it's something to invest in later. I got this light for under $11 bucks and I'm amazed at how good it is, nice and bright good throw and beam spread, well worth the price.

Ultrafire Wf-502b Cree Xm-l T6 Led 5 Mode Focus Flashlight Torch (Flashlight ONLY) - Amazon.com

Using Reo Woodvil, Reo Woodvil 18490, LP Reo Grand, SL Reo Grand, Pdib Dibi. Chalice, RM2, Cyclone, Divo, ReadyxWick

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I think you and Supe are on to something. I've always got 4 fully charged 18650's within arms reach. Thats a cool lookin light too.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

ultrafire - what short memories you have! avoid anything with fire in the name!

T

You are what you eat? I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by supertrunker View Post
    ultrafire - what short memories you have! avoid anything with fire in the name!

T
    LOL, notice I didn't get the package with batteries and charger. The batteries and chargers have bad rap in the flashlight world also but the light is thought of as not bad for it's price. they do like the Convoy's from FT but they cost $20 and take forever to get here.

Using Reo Woodvil, Reo Woodvil 18490, LP Reo Grand, SL Reo Grand, Pdib Dibi. Chalice, RM2, Cyclone, Divo, ReadyxWick

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That's a great little flashlight Filthy! I bought one 6 months ago for work, and I love it. I have a bunch of flat top 18650 batts from my tube mod days, and needed a new flashlight for work. All the guys I work with have similar flashlights, but paid $60+ for them, and they all use the cr123 batts. I figured with all the flat top 18650s I had, why not risk $11 on a cheap light. Like you said, it's a great light, and handles abuse well. I've dropped it from 20 feet up in the air while on some fan units at work, and it's still working. I ended up buying 2 more just to have one at home, and a backup at work.

Herper Chick Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ooooh, it shows as $7.84 for me! Might have to pull the trigger!
    Robin - aka Herper Chick

Banner by DoogieTony

OG Micro Coiler Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default OT: 18650 flashlight

I anxiously await mine too filthy brother. I ordered this one from this place. It should be here Tuesday.

http://illuminationsupply.com/convoy...l#.UwDJOni9LCQ

Ima use the 2000s that have served me perfectly for over a year in it. I ordered up a few 1600s that should also be here Tuesday
    Last edited by super_X_drifter; 02-16-2014 at 01:25 PM.
    VAPE IT LIKE YOU $TOLE IT AND WHEN IN DOUBT SQUONK https://www.youtube.com/user/sxmxdrifter

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Haha, I have had 18650 lights for years, imagine my excitement when I figured out I could get a mod that took flashlight batteries LOL

Blog Entries

I've been using one on these at work:
    https://www.fasttech.com/p/1057116
    I like the focus feature, like the old mini-mags. This is a 3-mode, high, low & strobe, but I'd be happy with a single mode. You can use 3 AAA batteries also but they would get sucked down in no time. The 18650 will last me a couple of weeks before needing a recharge.
    Filthy-Beast and oplholik like this.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran redeyedancer's Avatar

I have been using these type of flash lights for a long time . There great gifts I have never met a guy that doesn't love one of these. 18650 flash lights are awesome

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast