Any info on a different firing pin ..... Having some issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Any info on a different firing pin ..... Having some issues

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Any info on a different firing pin ..... Having some issues

Not arguing - showing my point of view expecting it to be wrong or right and someone from the rooms correcting it or saying yes i am correct or no you are wrong. Isnt that how the learning process goes. You gave an answer and i didnt agree with it and showed my evidence. Correct me with explanation please or say you made a mistake.

Kinda seems like YOU are not learning too well when you are telling people wrong answers and telling people to "go learn" instead of helping and advising them.
    Last edited by flexsr; 02-24-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    Dmorr123 and Leslv like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What is the amp rating on this battery you're using? There is a reason the aw imr batteries ( 1600 mah) are recommended. They have a high amp rating, and a safe battery chemistry... Instead of going boom they'll get hot and vent... And the hot spring will drop.
    Anything down to .8 ohm is completely safe on the reo, some would even say lower but let's be safe and say .8 . These are the specs recommended by the maker. Try this first, maybe different coil PLACEMENT even, before deciding you're unsatisfied and using higher voltage batteries.

Either way, the voltage drop kit will be available soon and you can drop even lower than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    malkuth likes this.
    I am a citizen of reoville, Smoke free since 2/7/13 and never going back!

ECF Veteran

Thx for suggestion "master" - yes the new kit should be awesome. Maybe its my 3.7 v batts are bad too

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by flexsr View Post
    Not arguing - showing my point of view expecting it to be wrong or right and someone from the rooms correcting it or saying yes i am correct or no you are wrong. Isnt that how the learning process goes. You gave an answer and i didnt agree with it and showed my evidence. Correct me with explanation please or say you made a mistake.

Kinda seems like YOU are not learning too well when you are telling people wrong answers and telling people to "go learn" instead of helping and advising them.
    Sorry you misunderstood as I didn't give you an answer at all. I also didn't advise you to "go learn". My comment was aimed at your seeming to argue with answers that others provided. Maybe I misunderstood. Let's drop it. I should not have made that comment as it was not helpful in answering your question.
    Dmorr123, zmauls and ric23 like this.

ECF Veteran

Dropped......
    jifjifjif and zmauls like this.

Madman Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by flexsr View Post
    I am doing research. Thats why all my posts have question marks. in terms of safety running 4.8v at 1.8 resistance gives 2.6 amps and 12 watts. 3.7 volts at .8 ohms gives 4.6 amps and 17 watts. Given the same battery limits your way seems "less safe". I say this as im trying to learn not argue.
    Make sure to check your battery limits. In the scenario you just provided, the coils are getting hotter with the 3.7V battery and the 0.8Ω coil; more amps = hotter coils. The primary issue with safety comes from using - or rather, not using - your batteries within their amperage limits. Literally every single battery on the market has a different amperage limit - no two 18650's are the same. The AW 3.7V 1600mah 18650's that most people on this sub-forum use have an amperage limit of 23, meaning with these batteries you can *safely* go down to about 0.2Ω (21A) with a freshly charged battery (4.2V), but the stock Reo Grand (without being modded) is not yet meant to handle this type of set-up. If you want to run even lower, you will need a 30A battery, of which there are many.

What all that funky info up there means is as follows:
    Any 3.7V battery (18490, 18350, 18650, etc) will send the same amount of current (or "amperage") to the atomizer, with regard to the resistance (ohmage) at which the atomizer is built. The safety issue lies in the amperage limits of the battery - a high performance 18350 might have an amperage limit of 7 amps, while a high performance 18650 might have an amperage limit of 30 amps. So, in conclusion, if you try to run 28 amps through an atomizer with a 30A 18650, there will be no problems. If you try to run 28 amps through an atomizer using a 7A 18350, you very well may lose a hand.

I hope this helps you to understand a little bit about battery performance and capability.
    Last edited by zmauls; 02-24-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    somevapepls.

ECF Veteran

Yes aware of amperage issues - I'm sure there are tons reading this that may not be - thanks so much for sharing that zmauls in a great way-

After further consultation I think the problems I've been having are with my 3.7 batts - looking back when I got them it's been much longer than I originally thought--- I think with a brand new aw IMR, toothpick amount of naolox it will fire like a champ -

Again great info zmauls
    Last edited by flexsr; 02-25-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Holy ..... After reading this thread (and really disliking the hostility...we're a collaborative community, folks. Be easy.), I solved a distressing problem I've been having. I faithfully clean my Reo and scuff/noalox the firing pin, but have been getting seriously diminishing returns. Thanks to the info here I decided to scuff and noalox the spring too...and BOOM! Like brand new! To steal a quote, 'Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I vaped, I knew such lovely pictures!'

Thanks!!!
    flexsr, malkuth and Papa_Lazarou like this.

ECF Veteran

Thats awesome to hear. That is the very exact purpose of this community what you mentioned. To share to help to learn. Enjoy your great vape on my favorite mod !
    Last edited by flexsr; 02-26-2014 at 03:35 PM.

MKUltra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Spectacular View Post
    Holy ..... After reading this thread (and really disliking the hostility...we're a collaborative community, folks. Be easy.), I solved a distressing problem I've been having. I faithfully clean my Reo and scuff/noalox the firing pin, but have been getting seriously diminishing returns. Thanks to the info here I decided to scuff and noalox the spring too...and BOOM! Like brand new! To steal a quote, 'Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I vaped, I knew such lovely pictures!'

Thanks!!!
    Happy with your vape now, eh, little Alex? Real horrorshow, no doubt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast