Any info on a different firing pin ..... Having some issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Any info on a different firing pin ..... Having some issues

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Any info on a different firing pin ..... Having some issues

I know this topic has been floating around.... All these threads become a blurr sometimes and cant get a concrete answer or things will change in a ny minute on here so i dont know what to expect ya know :! .

There is a medium voltage drop in the grande and mini. Obviously some from batternal itself and other from things that cant be avoided. I have followed instructions in terms of cleaning devices, roughing up the pin, applying naolox to the pin, and using good batteries on a good charger. However, vaping the exact same atomizer on another mech mods seem stronger to me. Maybe its in my head. The easiest solution would be to have a higher volt battery- which i do use a 4.8 volt flat top on it sometimes but nervous about using it at low ohms and its only 600mah.

A firing pin of brass or another metal alloy seems very easy fix too, no ?

Im sure there was a reasont for the tiny firing tip point. Would larger tip space make a difference ?

I am no geek. Not planning on modding myself. I know there are tons of people who have no issues. And 3.5 volts issh on my reo/vv seems much stronger than 3.7 on grand.

I know rob has his hands full with air flow controls and just finished some woodies. I was wondering if im just a knucklead or are other people having this issue and if there is a possible factory improvement for this now or coming out soon ?
    Filthy-Beast and malkuth like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Most of the drop is in the hot spring, some of us have replaced it with a 10 amp car fuse. But in less than month Rob is expecting to have all the piece in house so he can sell the low voltage drop / low ohm kits. his suppliers have told him to expect delivery around the 14th.

The kit will have new firing pin, spring and button.

Reo Woodvil, Woodvil 18490, LP Grand, SL Grand, Mini, RM2, RM4, Pdib Sumpin, Nuppin, Chalice, Cyclone, Divo, Apollo, ReadyxWick

ECF Veteran

I found the contact to be a weak point on the REO. I noticed a lot of sparking, and i would get a small amount of carbon build up on the contact/battery. I don't think Noalox will be of much benefit. Possibly a small amount of thermal grease (used in cars to help waterproof electrical components)with some conductive property may help a little.
    Prodigy 3.1, Icon, Infinity pro, Provari v2, SS Vamo, Sigelei #8, #20, 20W, MVP v2, Nemesis.
    Farewell ( Reo Grand, Omega )

ECF Veteran

The "carbon build up" is oxidation and will decrease conductivity over time. Noalox prevents this, hence it's recommendation around here. The new contacts will solve these issues and will also allow the use of flat top batteries, like the sony vtc4's.

Madman Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There are so, so many threads available to fix this issue. Here are a couple.

SPRING? . . . . .. what spring?
    Voltage drop? What voltage drop?
    "PSYBRID" (pseudo-hybrid) PHASE I
    A pdib mod :>p
    A dz mod :)> ....Ok pdib too

Good luck, and don't try to do anything you don't think you're capable of.
    Last edited by zmauls; 02-23-2014 at 05:34 AM.
    somevapepls.

ECF Veteran

Yeah I think the contact is the point where the most improvement could be done - more surface area, different material or something ---

I know it is not advised to one, but I've been using a 4.8 volt battery and it vapes like I think we all would be happy with in my opinion - (it's only 600mah )

my ohm reader is on the way so I've been trying to stay on safe side - my builds have to be between 1.2 and 1.8 and on a relatively new 3.7 battery the vape is Not cutting it for me - it definitely could be user error or problems with my 3.7 batteries as I don't have a fleet of them - just two right now ----

that's awesome rob is on top of it - ill live risky and use my 4.8 battery until my ohm reader comes and then maybe I can go .8 ohm at 3.7v or something. but the new equipment will really be great - $ is rough nowadays I hope the kit comes in at a price that makes rob a nice profit as well as making our reos even better than they already are - I'm just amazed my first reo still doing pretty ok - what workmanship - looking forward to the new kit desperately ! I think it's the firing pin - but who knows maybe there is a lot of resistance from the spring - ill leave it up to the experts - thanks for everyone s input n news on the kit -
    Last edited by flexsr; 02-24-2014 at 02:15 AM.
    malkuth likes this.

ECF Veteran

Is stacking batteries really that unsafe ? will 6 volts with 2 of those rcr123 at 2 ohm plus build - ill have to look at the chart and see what what wattage I want to achieve and work up to it a way to go for that strong vape ? No one else going that route with there rm2s ? They just going .7 or so with their 3.7 batteries ?

Madman Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by flexsr View Post
    Yeah I think the contact is the point where the most improvement could be done - more surface area, different material or something ---

I know it is not advised to one, but I've been using a 4.8 volt battery and it vapes like I think we all would be happy with in my opinion - (it's only 600mah )

my ohm reader is on the way so I've been trying to stay on safe side - my builds have to be between 1.2 and 1.8 and on a relatively new 3.7 battery the vape is Not cutting it for me - it definitely could be user error or problems with my 3.7 batteries as I don't have a fleet of them - just two right now ----

that's awesome rob is on top of it - ill live risky and use my 4.8 battery until my ohm reader comes and then maybe I can go .8 ohm at 3.7v or something. but the new equipment will really be great - $ is rough nowadays I hope the kit comes in at a price that makes rob a nice profit as well as making our reos even better than they already are - I'm just amazed my first reo still doing pretty ok - what workmanship - looking forward to the new kit desperately ! I think it's the firing pin - but who knows maybe there is a lot of resistance from the spring - ill leave it up to the experts - thanks for everyone s input n news on the kit -
    We are all happy with what we are using. It's not the contact, it's the spring, which has a high amount of voltage drop, thus causing a weaker amperage to the atomizer. Instead of running a 4.8V battery against a 1.8Ω coil, try using the recommended batteries with a 0.8Ω coil. You're trying to compensate for your high ohmage by flowing more heat into the atomizer. Vaping simply does not work that way. As for your batteries, good luck getting any two batteries into a Reo Grand. If you do manage to do so, it wouldn't be safe. With all due respect, I think you need to do a bit more research on how atomizers and mechanical mods work, for your own safety if nothing else.
    somevapepls.

ECF Veteran

I am doing research. Thats why all my posts have question marks. in terms of safety running 4.8v at 1.8 resistance gives 2.6 amps and 12 watts. 3.7 volts at .8 ohms gives 4.6 amps and 17 watts. Given the same battery limits your way seems "less safe". I say this as im trying to learn not argue.
    zmauls likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by flexsr View Post
    I say this as im trying to learn not argue.
    Doesn't seem like you're learning too well. You come in looking asking for help, answers are given, and then you argue with the answers. If you felt you already knew, then why did you ask?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast