Woodvil Sale Day! 02-28-2014 Bragbook - Page 36
Page 36 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Like Tree4453Likes

Thread: Woodvil Sale Day! 02-28-2014 Bragbook

Herper Chick Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miarose View Post
    it was rabernet snatching your first one up!!
    I missed that he said mine was his first choice. Oops!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk.
    Filthy-Beast, Miarose and Ramjet like this.
    Robin - aka Herper Chick

Banner by DoogieTony

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rudy4653 View Post
    So I experienced my first "sale night" and wow, what an experience! It's crazy how over 130 some odd Woodvils got snatched in a matter of minutes! I thought I was all set with 2 computers going with fast internet speed. Boy was I wrong! My first priority was getting my lady her first woodvil to go with her little purple mini. I was successful in getting her the beauty she wanted, a purple heart/birdseye maple 18490! Problem was by the time I got it and checked out and went back to get myself a full sized woodvil they were all gone! It must have been a matter of 5-7 minutes that all the interesting ones were gone. I can't for the life of me figure out how people were able to score 2,5, 13 woodvils!! Did you all have multi computers and use both hands & feet????! I felt like a true rookie barely able to get 1! Oh well, the wife is happy and knowing she is excited in getting her first woody makes me happy and eases the dissapointment that I didn;t get my Woodvil.
    Congrats to you all that got your new precious woodies!
    Rob must get a great sense of satisfaction that his hard work brings so much joy to others.
    pick yourself one out! i know it won't have been your first choice, but it'll still be a woody for you to love!
    if your wife loves her purple mini, i'm sure she'll love her woody. i got a purple heart birdseye 18650
    there's one mini still up, and 6 18490s, including the curly oak that i keep telling myself i must not buy, but i keep looking at it!!

and no, no multiple pc's, some of us are just fast
    Filthy-Beast and rudy4653 like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by rudy4653 View Post
    So I experienced my first "sale night" and wow, what an experience! It's crazy how over 130 some odd Woodvils got snatched in a matter of minutes! I thought I was all set with 2 computers going with fast internet speed. Boy was I wrong! My first priority was getting my lady her first woodvil to go with her little purple mini. I was successful in getting her the beauty she wanted, a purple heart/birdseye maple 18490! Problem was by the time I got it and checked out and went back to get myself a full sized woodvil they were all gone! It must have been a matter of 5-7 minutes that all the interesting ones were gone. I can't for the life of me figure out how people were able to score 2,5, 13 woodvils!! Did you all have multi computers and use both hands & feet????! I felt like a true rookie barely able to get 1! Oh well, the wife is happy and knowing she is excited in getting her first woody makes me happy and eases the dissapointment that I didn;t get my Woodvil.
    Congrats to you all that got your new precious woodies!
    Rob must get a great sense of satisfaction that his hard work brings so much joy to others.
    Rob said he held some back for the people who couldn't get one so keep an eye open for when they get posted. We got three, but that was both the wife and I buying.

We had paypal already logged in, and had done a practice buy on Rob's site so knew the screens and prompts. We just needed to click, click, click check mark, click and so on.

Using Reo Woodvil, Reo Woodvil 18490, LP Reo Grand, SL Reo Grand, Pdib Dibi. Chalice, RM2, Cyclone, Divo, RM4, Odin, ReadyxWick

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin & Sennie View Post
    I saw that Walnut and thought it was soo beautiful!! If only I had unlimited funds!! lol
    I still don't know how I got so lucky. I got home from work & just knew I had missed it all, took my time changing clothes even. I came here to the forum & started reading about all the fun and saw a post that there were some left. I headed over to REOSmods & even then I took my time looking at the ones that we're left. The really nice thing was I didn't have to be in a hurry cause everyone had already spent all their money. LOL! Funny thing is I had drooled over them and resigned myself to not getting one since I don't even get off work until 30 minutes after the start of the sale. Just meant to be I guess.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Who got 25 spalted maple???

i'd like to have a name before i curse someone to burn in hell...

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher, No ego, No Chickens, No Socks

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Mama you're holding out on us.......what didja get????? Show us your truckload!

was always curious what wood type is this?

18490 67.jpg
    Filthy-Beast likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MamaTried View Post
    Who got 25 spalted maple???

i'd like to have a name before i curse someone to burn in hell...
    the one you wanted and didn't get out of the 239429724 you got?! Lol
    oh mama, mama, mama. you a bad boy.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by feldwin View Post
    Just adopted one of the remaining Jatoba's.

Attachment 311223

18490 jatoba 14. She may not be as fancy as some of the others but she's beautiful in her own way, and I'll love her just as much as the blood wood spalted I adopted yesterday. Come on people, they all need good homes.
    My first conscious thought when I woke up this morning was, "I wonder if there are any 490's left." I had to put that thought out of my head, though - can't adopt any new "babies" until some of the older ones leave the nest.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Miarose View Post
    the one you wanted and didn't get out of the 239429724 you got?! Lol
    oh mama, mama, mama. you a bad boy.
    yeh, that was tied with the one of my top 2 i did manage to get.
    119_jatoba_koa_b_52f956b140e96_100x100.jpg

i snagged (cough) a few more to console myself for missing on the spalted maple...

thanks to Karen, one of my consolation prizes was one of the few plank doors.
    101_jatoba_52f9371c85f9f_100x100.jpg

all the rest were just gravy...

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher, No ego, No Chickens, No Socks