DIY flavoring and the RM2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: DIY flavoring and the RM2

In the meantime..... Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLIPPY_EEL View Post
    I been making up 10-30ml batches at a time and leaving them in my glass lab mixing jar thingy and when I need to refill the squonk bottle I fill 5ml and 5 drops or so of whatever flavours I want or 2drops each of 2 flav's.. always experimenting then.. works nice
    Sounds like a good idea, but here I get concerned is that it doesn't sound like there will be enough flavor for me being a flavor hound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Filthy-Beast and SLIPPY_EEL like this.
    <-------Big fan of Wintersun!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I found that my tastes in juice totally changed once I vaped it on a REO. I think because the flavor is less muted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borescoped View Post
    Ok, so I've read a few times here and here that when using the REO and RM2, many folks cut down their flavoring as well as their nic. Since the move from clearo's to rda's, and now to the RM2, I've dropped my nic to 12mg, and I might drop it a little more, but still happy with 12 at this time.

WhT I'm really curious about tho is dropping the flavor %'s. Example: I made a batch of TFA grape jolly rancher (10%) and cotton candy (2%), 50/50 @ 12mg. In a normal RDA, not bad, a little light on the flavor to me (I'm a flavor hound... If I order Hawk Sauce from MBV, I get it with 2 extra shots).

With this juice going into the RM2 though, it gives a "spicy" kick to it on the tongue, juice from the exact same batch as I used in the RDA. One person tried it from the REO/RM2 and said it tastes like tobacco!

Do I need to adjust the flavor %'s again, but down when mixing for the REO/RM2 combo? Kind of leery of very weak flavoring, since I love LOTS of flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is an adventurous journey not a destination ~ LIVE IT!!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoogieTony View Post
    Have you tried vaping your unflavored base? The "spicy" flavor might just be the nic and the taste just wasn't noticeable in clearos. The two suppliers I've used have varied quite a bit in look, smell, and taste of their nic.
    Nope, never vaped unflavored.... pretty much the idea of it doesn't appeal to me. What I like about vaping is that I have all my different flavors in addition to not smoking. The wide range of flavors is the main thing I think that helped me quit smoking.

But, for the sake of trying to figure this one out.... I might just have to try it one day soon.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I thought the same thing, but unflavored is another flavor. I've added it to my regular rotation. After vaping unflavored other flavors pop more.

Reo Woodvil, Woodvil 18490, LP Grand, SL Grand, Mini, RM 2 & 4, Pdib Sumpin, Nuppin, Chalice II & III, Cyclone, Divo, Apollo, ReadyxWick

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My off base resource advisor/commander has authorized a dispersal of $120 for vape related purchases during this current pay cycle. Therefore, I shall be purchasing more glass bottles for doing the actual mixing/testing in and transferring of nic into smaller containers for placement in the fridge (you guys freeze or chill in the fridge?), and plastic for the stuff that is good to go. I might also see about acquireing more measuring equipment.
    Filthy-Beast and SLIPPY_EEL like this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Borescoped View Post
    Nope, never vaped unflavored.... pretty much the idea of it doesn't appeal to me. What I like about vaping is that I have all my different flavors in addition to not smoking. The wide range of flavors is the main thing I think that helped me quit smoking.

But, for the sake of trying to figure this one out.... I might just have to try it one day soon.
    I think the longer you vape may play a role in getting tired of strong flavors! I have noticed a change over the last couple of years in even my taste for certain foods, sweet stuff no longer is as appealing as it once was and veggies actually taste alot better. Now don't get me wrong I still vape tobacco flavors but the are MUCH milder and no sweetner added to them. I can now tell the subtle differences and flavor notes in my coffee like I was not able to before I quite smoking.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by karmakatie View Post
    I think the longer you vape may play a role in getting tired of strong flavors! I have noticed a change over the last couple of years in even my taste for certain foods, sweet stuff no longer is as appealing as it once was and veggies actually taste alot better. Now don't get me wrong I still vape tobacco flavors but the are MUCH milder and no sweetner added to them. I can now tell the subtle differences and flavor notes in my coffee like I was not able to before I quite smoking.
    Yeah, I'm coming up on my 1 year quit (April 6th), and the stuff I started on originally was Volcano's Magma kit and their juices. Aside from me not knowing better on the mg's I'd need (I started out on 8mg... /facepalm), they tasted great compared to an actual cig.

My REO is my one year quit smoking gift to myself, so just trying to continue striving for better and better. I've got damn good gear now in the REO, but I need to step my game up on my DIY if I intend to continue doing that. Still though, I'm a flavor hound LOL.

ECF Veteran

Since the RM2 & Igo came out for the Reos, I have settled on my equipment and turned my attention to really delving into the DIY, playing with coils both which are MUCH cheaper than buying the latest new mod, other than more Reos of course!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran SLIPPY_EEL's Avatar

I don't put mine in the fridge.. I let it air out on the kitchen side and I only put something over the top if I see any flys about... they probably taste nice but I don't like the popping on the coil haha

1 drop/flavour per 1ml of your base liquid is 5%... its not set in stone, only a guideline but most people put 20% flavour top's into the base...so 2 flavours 10% each 20% or single flavours 10% overall.. anything more then that I get heartburn and I can taste the juice getting harsher and not harsher as in throat hit but rough throat

I use a milk frother to mix small amounts
    karmakatie and Borescoped like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLIPPY_EEL View Post
    I don't put mine in the fridge.. I let it air out on the kitchen side and I only put something over the top if I see any flys about... they probably taste nice but I don't like the popping on the coil haha

1 drop/flavour per 1ml of your base liquid is 5%... its not set in stone, only a guideline but most people put 20% flavour top's into the base...so 2 flavours 10% each 20% or single flavours 10% overall.. anything more then that I get heartburn and I can taste the juice getting harsher and not harsher as in throat hit but rough throat

I use a milk frother to mix small amounts
    Yeah, only really good DIY recipe I've got so far is from Bill's Magic Vapor, and it's 10% peach and 10% pear. Just made a new batch a few minutes ago, I'll try it out after I steep it a little bit. Might need to adjust it down also, but I love it at 20% total volume.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast