Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: DIY flavoring and the RM2

In the meantime..... Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default DIY flavoring and the RM2

Ok, so I've read a few times here and here that when using the REO and RM2, many folks cut down their flavoring as well as their nic. Since the move from clearo's to rda's, and now to the RM2, I've dropped my nic to 12mg, and I might drop it a little more, but still happy with 12 at this time.

WhT I'm really curious about tho is dropping the flavor %'s. Example: I made a batch of TFA grape jolly rancher (10%) and cotton candy (2%), 50/50 @ 12mg. In a normal RDA, not bad, a little light on the flavor to me (I'm a flavor hound... If I order Hawk Sauce from MBV, I get it with 2 extra shots).

With this juice going into the RM2 though, it gives a "spicy" kick to it on the tongue, juice from the exact same batch as I used in the RDA. One person tried it from the REO/RM2 and said it tastes like tobacco!

Do I need to adjust the flavor %'s again, but down when mixing for the REO/RM2 combo? Kind of leery of very weak flavoring, since I love LOTS of flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    malkuth likes this.
    <-------Big fan of Wintersun!

High Class Creeper Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Im not certain. I can tell you what I do - I make my recipes and order my flavors exactly how I did before. If I find the flavor overpowering I mix the batch whether it be bought or DIY with unflavored base (including nic) I start at 25% unflavored base and 75% already made flavor.

I have found some I cut back and others I have left as is. Hope this helps a little.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

With juice, you know that saying "Taste is subjective"....well I was one of those that cut my flavorings quite a bit. I was finding myself getting tired of flavors very quickly after going to the RM2's, then SuperX started talking about unflavored, so I tried it and found I really liked it, then I experimented with a lot less flavor and was very surprised that I enjoyed my juice better. I might add that I mostly vape tobacco flavors that I DIY.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

first I would just cut it a little in a 6ml bottle. Mix up some 50/50 unflavored nic. then try current juice 75% to 25% unflavored and so on until you find the sweet spot. Then you'll know how to mix a big batch.
    Last edited by Filthy-Beast; 03-01-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    3+ years off stinkies and using 3 Reo Woodvils, 2 Reo Woodvil 18490s, 2 LP Reo Grands, 1 SL Reo, RSM Cruiser HD, 1 Pdib OliveR Dibi. 3 Chalice II, 4 RM2, 2 Cyclones, Divo, RM5, 29 ga kanthal, ReadyxWick, Ikenvape RY4 Gold and unflavored nic.

ECF Veteran

almost all of my liquid is 50/50, so I keep 50/50 no-nic handy- the RM2 brings out flavor and nic for me. found this out the first night!

I have to cut the juice or else get sick of the flavor and jittery from too much nicotine. put together a batch and let it steep for a few days- perfect. (for me)

I'm ok with it- makes vendor juices cheaper and last longer!

when I feel like DIY again, will do the same- mix at 12mg high flavor and after steeping cut to 4mg.
    Nicoticket + 2x REO Mini 2.1 & Woodvil 18490 + RM2s = all the bees' knees

vapinggeekgrrl.blogspot.com

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Since getting the RM2 I have drastically cut my DIY recipes. Replaced mls with drops...for example, what used to be 5 mls of flavor, now gets 5 drops of flavor. Still haven't found the perfect percentage, but am getting closer.

ECF Veteran

Have you tried vaping your unflavored base? The "spicy" flavor might just be the nic and the taste just wasn't noticeable in clearos. The two suppliers I've used have varied quite a bit in look, smell, and taste of their nic.
    vsummer1 and Borescoped like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DoogieTony View Post
    Have you tried vaping your unflavored base? The "spicy" flavor might just be the nic and the taste just wasn't noticeable in clearos. The two suppliers I've used have varied quite a bit in look, smell, and taste of their nic.
    Yup^^^

My RTS nic is a spicy meatball compared to my Wizard nic. Just opening the two different bottles, sniffing and comparing, the difference is obvious. So there's that...

Also, if your always sourcing from say a large 500ml bottle of unflavored, the "shaking" to re-mix the nic causes more fresh air to be introduced into it, causing it to further oxidize. The more it oxidizes, the more "peppery" it can get in flavor.

It helps to break the 500ml into smaller bottles stored in a freezer, so the un-tapped ones can have less thawing, shaking, and air mixed in on a regular basis when it's time to mix your recipes.

I keep the doomsday longterm stored nic still in their 500ml bottles, but when it's time to break the seal and use one of those I break it down into 6 60ml bottles, and then 2 30ml bottles are the ones I actually shake and use to mix.
    Borescoped likes this.

In the meantime..... Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yeah, my bottle if 60mg nic from WL is in the original bottle, might need to break it up.

Cleaned out my bottle and loaded up with my DIY Hawk Sauce, much better now, no bite on the tongue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Filthy-Beast likes this.
    <-------Big fan of Wintersun!

I been making up 10-30ml batches at a time and leaving them in my glass lab mixing jar thingy and when I need to refill the squonk bottle I fill 5ml and 5 drops or so of whatever flavours I want or 2drops each of 2 flav's.. always experimenting then.. works nice
    Last edited by SLIPPY_EEL; 03-02-2014 at 01:00 AM.
    Filthy-Beast and Borescoped like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast