• 1 Post By Filthy-Beast
  • 4 Post By redeyedancer
  • 3 Post By Filthy-Beast
  • 5 Post By Spydro
  • 4 Post By Minnaz

Thread: Button Help...

Super Member Verified Member Minnaz's Avatar

Default Button Help...

So ive had my reo for a couple of months now and just yesterday my button started sticking. Most of the time its fine and will pop back up but sometimew it would stay down and keep firing. I pulled it all apart and gave it a clean even run the whole thing under hot water and it was still happening.
    I then went ahead and changed the button to a new one I have and still has the same effect maybe even worse.....
    Does anyone have any ideas?

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Could well be your contact plate spring is loose
    Minnaz likes this.

Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Or you may have some grime in the button hole which doesn't let the button move freely
    freedogg and Minnaz like this.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran Rhapsodies Fire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did you give it an aggressive cleaning?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYV702D0mSk (Note: if you have the gold contacts in your mod, skip the filing part....there is no longer a need to do that.)

Also...you can use alcohol to flush your mod...99% Iso propyl works best, less residue is left behind.

When cleaning, work the button over and over again to make sure the water/alcohol is getting all the way around the button.
    Last edited by Rhapsodies Fire; 09-01-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    malkuth, muzichead, Minnaz and 1 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The black button sticks in the down position? Carefully inspect the groove for the lock pin and make sure it's not the source of the sticking.
    freedogg likes this.

Using Reo Woodvil, Reo Woodvil 18490, LP Reo Grand, SL Reo Grand, Pdib Dibi. Chalice, RM2, Cyclone, Divo, ReadyxWick

When I took the button out I did try and give the hole a clean of any grime or dirt it seemed to help a little but still sticking.

Yrs filthy in the down position, How the hell am I meant to see in there?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran redeyedancer's Avatar

If you have a 1/4 drill bit you can clean the hole up with the bit by hand . If your skilled with a drill you can run it on a powered drill up and down a couple times
    It could very well be a build up of aluminum dust it doesn't come off easy

Check your positive contact make sure its not broke
    malkuth, ed101z, Minnaz and 1 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

the old button does it show any obvious wear? Does the firing pin put pressure on it or is it bent out of shape? the groove is at the top of the button in this photo.

freedogg, Minnaz and malkuth like this.

Using Reo Woodvil, Reo Woodvil 18490, LP Reo Grand, SL Reo Grand, Pdib Dibi. Chalice, RM2, Cyclone, Divo, ReadyxWick

Sindoyen Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I had a similar problem with a used Mini 2.1 I bought that has an added button cap. Checked and cleaned everything thoroughly and inspcted everything with a jewelers loupe. It turned out to be the button lock pin was damaged and jammed up sometimes when firing. I lightly filed the slot the pin travels down but it still hung up sometimes. So I tried to remove the pin but couldn't. I just ground the pin off flush with the button. No lock feature now but the firing pin does not jam up anymore, ever. I carry the Mini in a shirt pocket when I go out for walks or to run arrands and it doesn't fire accidentally. So for my uses anyway I don't see the lock feature as needed anyway, in any of my Reo's for that matter. I have a new spare button I can install to get the Mini back standard if I ever sell it. But that is not likely, it's my go to for when I go out.

GP PAPS SS V2.1, 18500 Edition SS V3, 18500 Edition LUX V3, LUX V3, TiX, SS X (2), LUX X, Piccolo V3.1, Heron (4), Spheroid V3, SnP 23mm.

Yes the button does have a little ware on it. And my pin looks different to that mine is all brass and curves on the end (where it contacts the battery), I think I worked it out now kinda like what red said but instead of using a drillbit I wrapped some 1000 grit sandpaper around a screwdriver and smoothed it with that which seems to have done the trick. Thanx for all your help guys this whole reo thing is still quite new to me abit more fiddly than a mech.

Glad I got u all to help cheers