Review 510 PCC Problems: Case Slots Aren't Deep Enough; Cartridges Fly Out
The e-Cigarette 510 PCC Personal Charging Case is a great product (see pics and review here). Many vendors carry similar versions of this case, but there is one flaw I've run into.
Whenever I'm out and about, the cartridges will fall out of their slots and the 510 cartridges will jump all over the place:
e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?s=ffdb12382d5873a62669c99eb7937f68&attachmentid=62686&d=1321218263" id="attachment62686" rel="Lightbox_4555591" >
This is becuase the rubber slots are not deep enough:
Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!
FIX: 510 PCC Cartridge Slots Problem
I wanted to get a 2nd rubber inlay and put one on top of the other; but upon contacting the vendor, they were unable to oblige.
But I found another fix:
- Purchase Heavy Duty Felt
- Cut a piece the same size as the rubber inlay, but only wide enough to cover the 6 cartridge slots (don't want to block the battery slots).
- Reassemble and that's it! Benefits:
- Cartridges will no longer fall out, fly around, rattle and make noise, etc.
- Do not peel off the sticky backing; there's no reason to do that and you'll be able to pull everything out to clean the inside.
- Purchase a color felt that looks nice with your case.
- The nice thick felt 'carpeting' will absorb e-juice and keep it out of the PCC Charger's insides.
e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?s=ffdb12382d5873a62669c99eb7937f68&attachmentid=62827&d=1321300019" id="attachment62827" rel="Lightbox_4561804" >
By the way, simply finding a way to raise the rubber inlay -- without having a 'floor' underneath -- will not work. If you are using flat butterfly tip cartridges, they must go upside down; your cartridges and cartridge caps will catch on the bottom of the rubber inlay get pulled off. This method solves that problem.
Tags for this Thread