Best beginers RBA ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best beginers RBA ?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Best beginers RBA ?

Looking to make the plunge into RBA's and was wondering what is the best one to start with ? Easiest to work with/on ? What would you recomend ?

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Have a look at Discount Vapers. They have a pretty good selection. I would recommend the A7, Phoenix Clone or IGO-L. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Any dripping RBA is quite easy to set up. Perfect for beginner

Full Member jaybirdtherangerfan's Avatar

Spendy but worth it, Provari with the DID. The provaris power management features make setting up the DID as easy as possible. I would think the Provari would make most rebuildable attys easier to set up, but this is an assumption. Good Luck!
    Cloud Wizard likes this.

Verified Member

The Provari is definitely a quality mod, but anything with a resistance check function will make working with RBAs easier. The VAMO, Vmax, Zmax, etc... If you're using an RBA on something without a resistance check feature use a multimeter to check the resistance of the coil before putting power through it.
    peraspera likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

the phoenix clone is a starter.I love it and its cheap

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran k3vin's Avatar

Edd find a Penelope by GG.. IMEO the maker has his own sub forum down below... U want to start with something that is easy and just plain works find you a Penelope... Almost too easy.. Usually did them in the classifieds.. You will be glad you did..

ECF Veteran

Howdy,

I'm gonna ask the question the others didn't. Are you looking for an RBA that mirrors dripping....or one with a tank, such as the AGA-T, over at DV? Jay bird did mention the DID, but as a beginner unless you got money to spend without worrying about it, maybe a clone such as the Cobra, or the AGA-T, or the Griffin. All are available at DVs at pretty reasonable prices (and are available at other sites under other names, watch for deals over at Vaper Joes blog) all are good to experiment with. Some come with extra wire and mesh, mistakes don't cost you an arm and a leg and if you do what Zerrrro said and check it before using it, the only real loss would be some time spent.

How do I know this stuff....I'm a beginner too. Got a couple of DUDS (nickname for the DID clone, DVs Griffin), got a Chobra for Christmas (Chobra=Cobra), and have two AGA-T on their way.

I followed this video for the most part to setup my DUD. I bought two of the COV Gen 1's....

I did oxidize the entire wrap and cut the bottom at a slight angle so the mesh opening in the bottom won't plug up. So far, so good. Still got some experimenting to do, but I'm happy with my start...as you can tell by my other purchases, lol. Watch as many videos as you can stand to watch.

Good luck, no matter which form of rebuildable you choose....wick or mesh, drip or tank.....y'all have fun and let us know what's up once you get started. Need any help, just post.....a ain't life grand?

Luck,
    Big Mac
    Zerrrro likes this.
    Member of SacTown Vapors here on ECF
    come join us...NOW

Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Howdy,

I'm gonna ask the question the others didn't. Are you looking for an RBA that mirrors dripping....or one with a tank, such as the AGA-T, over at DV? Jay bird did mention the DID, but as a beginner unless you got money to spend without worrying about it, maybe a clone such as the Cobra, or the AGA-T, or the Griffin. All are available at DVs at pretty reasonable prices (and are available at other sites under other names, watch for deals over at Vaper Joes blog) all are good to experiment with. Some come with extra wire and mesh, mistakes don't cost you an arm and a leg and if you do what Zerrrro said and check it before using it, the only real loss would be some time spent.

How do I know this stuff....I'm a beginner too. Got a couple of DUDS (nickname for the DID clone, DVs Griffin), got a Chobra for Christmas (Chobra=Cobra), and have two AGA-T on their way.

I followed this video for the most part to setup my DUD. I bought two of the COV Gen 1's....

I did oxidize the entire wrap and cut the bottom at a slight angle so the mesh opening in the bottom won't plug up. So far, so good. Still got some experimenting to do, but I'm happy with my start...as you can tell by my other purchases, lol. Watch as many videos as you can stand to watch.

Good luck, no matter which form of rebuildable you choose....wick or mesh, drip or tank.....y'all have fun and let us know what's up once you get started. Need any help, just post.....a ain't life grand?

Luck,
    Big Mac
    Is the ground screw on your Chobra kinda... crappy? Either I torqued it down too much and stripped the threads or it was kinda iffy to begin with. It still does the job, but I'm scared to touch it now.

ECF Veteran

It's a bit on the iffy side, so is the fill screw, but I'm still awfully gentle with all of mine cause they're all so new and purty and shiny, lol. I took the screw completely out and restarted it and was gentle and it seems to be alright....At least for the time being. Only time will tell. I guess if they end up stripping out they could be threaded again..maybe. You should see that puppy on the SS ZMax...looks nice. A little work and it'll be fantastic.

Good luck with the threading Zerrrro, let me know of anything like quirks or good/bad things to do with the cobra..since I just got mine, haven't messed with it much yet.

Big Mac
    Member of SacTown Vapors here on ECF
    come join us...NOW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast