Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: So; Are the expensive juices really worth it?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default So; Are the expensive juices really worth it?

Now I have tried one of the MEL's and let me tell you it was amazing. While $0.50 a ml isn't all that bad it is a bit more than the $0.22-$0.33 a ml that suppliers such as MBV offer. What I'm wondering is; are the juices like: Standard, OMG, Jameson Irish Vape, Blueprint, AVE and Mad Murdoch really worth what they're asking?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Standard ups seem to be worth it but smoke does exist with the premiums for sure,imo.I would advice chase the flavor not the cost.
    Jman8 and Seanchai like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I wasn't too impressed with mbv, but I typically make my own and have been for awhile so my juices are tailored to my taste....I do love me some mountain oak vapor though, just the right amount of flavor and thier juice mixture extended the life of my cartos by days, they are a little pricey but worth it. I guess it just depends on the vendor, mov is pricy and have excellent vapes, I tried jc once, most expensive vendor I've ever tried and while the flavors were great the mixture didn't give me enough clouds, they had the option for all vg, but I like to have both options. So not all pricy vendors are worth it, but as we all know taste is subjective

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

One word: YES!

I have tried 20-25 vendors so far and I find you get what you pay for. I am not sure what the less expensive vendors use for base, but I have found several vendors where you notice a particular lingering flavor no matter what flavor e liquid you try.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebubs View Post
    One word: YES!

I have tried 20-25 vendors so far and I find you get what you pay for. I am not sure what the less expensive vendors use for base, but I have found several vendors where you notice a particular lingering flavor no matter what flavor e liquid you try.
    I've noticed that lingering flavor with EC blend but not so much with MBV. MBV seems to have that characteristic between similar flavors. I vape anywhere from 3-6 ml a day so a $0.73 a ml I just threw the whole idea of saving money over smoking clean out the window. I'm just trying to weigh some pros and cons to spending so much money on juice.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You get what you pay for. I mainly stick with Epic Juice and Mr Vape.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." --some guy

Full Member ECF Veteran

So far, I've found that "standard" pricing for B&M shops locally tend to be right around $1/ml - 10ml bottles being the most common by far, avg price being between $9-$12 per 10ml bottle. I've found that most of the B&M's that make thier own tend to taste very medicinal/artificial. I've been primarily vaping HHV because of price $21 for 50ml bottles or $0.42/ml seems a lot cheaper and flavor thus far cant be beat (IMO).

Some of the more expensive brands I've found tend to have a lot of image and are typically more expensive packaging. That being said, I'm not sure I like any of them enough to vape the expensive stuff regularly. Halo and Five Pawns come to mind here; generally $27-$30 for a 30ml bottle. Halo is good, and I have enjoyed most of the flavors they have - however, I switched to make things cheaper, and a 30ml bottle only lasts me about 2-3 weeks depending on device.

I'm super intrigued when I find a truly expensive liquid. Such as Mido's Scorpion Blood - which was 25GBP + 14GBP shipping for a 30ml bottle. It's very good and has very interesting packaging - at $54USD for 30ml though, it's definately something I'll treat myself with once or twice at best. So far the really expensive stuff hasnt let me down, so I'd have to say it's a "get what you pay for" but AVE and HHV I can hardly rank as "expensive" considering for about $45 including shipping, I can supply myself for well over a month (would have been approx $360 with analogs).

Super Member ECF Veteran tricci's Avatar

Depends on the juice. The only juices I have found to be worth the price are AVE Boba's Bounty and GLV Deadly Sin. Anything else and I'd rather vape unflavored.
    LP Reo Grand w/ RM2, Svoemesto Semovar V3 w/ Kayfun 3.1 ES, Green Ihybrid Pure, Infinite Copper Stingray LE w/ Ehpro Atomic RDA...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

In my opinion, price doesn't mean the best. Since vaping for all it's worth is very subjective, one man's trash is another's enjoyment. You'll see that time and time again in the juice reviews. Over the years I've had very good results with both the high and low priced juices. I've purchased high end juices that others raved about in their fancy glass bottles only to wind up using it as a mixer since I couldn't stand vaping it straight. In one instance I had been using a high end juice from a vendor only to find out that a similar Dekang juice offered me the same taste, throat hit and vapor production. That got me to thinking the vendor was just tweaking a bulk DeKang purchase. Right now I got a couple of bottles of higher priced juice sitting in the drawer. While the flavor isn't bad, my wife and kids won't let me vape it in the house since it's aroma smells like cat pee. After 4 1/2 years of vaping I've learned to go with what you like and not the price.
    Last edited by Majestic; 12-19-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Jman8 likes this.
    DSE-901 Owner & Operator
    Since March 2009

with the higher end stuff, are we paying more for packaging/presentation and hype or is it really that much better?(the cat pee aroma mentioned just really isn't what I'm quite searching for, and I don't think my boys would appreciate it-nor would my cats!) I mean they do have some pretty cool looking bottles. I'm happy with Indigo, Nicoticket, and Gremlin now and want to try Seduce Juice next...cause they have flavors I enjoy and good customer service in my opinion. Maybe someday I'll try some of the higher end stuff, but haven't been able to justify spending extra for it when I'm content with my "mid range" vendors. I also like stuff I can order easily and conveniently when it suits me, but that's just me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast