Beyond vapor spire VV/VW - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Beyond vapor spire VV/VW

The 33.3 "rattlesnake" chip doesn't bother me much. I have it in my current Vamo V3 too.

I've ordered the Spire. Track & Trace says it was delivered at my home this morning so over the weekend I'll give it a test drive and post my findings here.
    aikanae1 likes this.
    The problem with common sense is that it ain't...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Where did you order it from? Thanks it will be nice to hear a review on it
    Don't ask The Lord to guide you if you are not willing to move your feet!

I got it from dampertje.nl - a Dutch web store.
    Crocky likes this.

I got home and found the package so here's my first impression. It looks as good irl as it does in the pictures. The button doesn't rattle at all and has a satisfying click to it. It breathes quality but still… there's a bit of slack between the inner and outer tube but I guess that's inevitable for a telescopic mod. Atties are supposed to sit flush but when I screwed on my Aspire Nautilus there was about a 1mm gap that I corrected by screwing the top ring up to hug the atty. Maybe it can be adjusted, I'll check tomorrow. In 18650 mode it's about 2cm shorter than the Vamo V3. The Spire reaches up to well under the bottom of the Vamo's top ring, that's definitely a plus for me. I'm not quite used to navigating the menu using only one button yet, so more on that later. All in all at first impression: yes, definitely a lot better than the Vamo but whether it's worth the more than double price? Jury is still out. If you're short on cash, go for the Vamo. But if you are willing to pay for a more luxury look and feel then the Spire looks like it's a good pick.
    Last edited by Albantar; 01-31-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    aikanae1 and Crocky like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Albantar View Post
    I got home and found the package so here's my first impression. It looks as good irl as it does in the pictures. The button doesn't rattle at all and has a satisfying click to it. It breathes quality but still… there's a bit of slack between the inner and outer tube but I guess that's inevitable for a telescopic mod. Atties are supposed to sit flush but when I screwed on my Aspire Nautilus there was about a 1mm gap that I corrected by screwing the top ring up to hug the atty. Maybe it can be adjusted, I'll check tomorrow. In 18650 mode it's about 2cm shorter than the Vamo V3. The Spire reaches up to well under the bottom of the Vamo's top ring, that's definitely a plus for me. I'm not quite used to navigating the menu using only one button yet, so more on that later. All in all at first impression: yes, definitely a lot better than the Vamo but whether it's worth the more than double price? Jury is still out. If you're short on cash, go for the Vamo. But if you are willing to pay for a more luxury look and feel then the Spire looks like it's a good pick.
    Good review keep us posted it does look nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sin Bin ECF Veteran

So no one knows what the amp limit is on the Spire??? And how is the machining of the atty screws??

Here's a more extensive review...

The Spire came in a big black hard cardboard box with a magnetic lid, quite fancy. Inside, I found the Spire with its flat top ring, tapered top ring, and an Efest 2000mAh battery.

Beyond vapor spire VV/VW-img_0145-640.jpg

With my Aspire Nautilus screwed on (as said, I eliminated the 1mm gap by screwing up the top ring), it looks like this:

Beyond vapor spire VV/VW-img_0129-640.jpg
    Beyond vapor spire VV/VW-img_0131-640.jpg

Beside my Vamo V3, both in 18650 mode:

Beyond vapor spire VV/VW-img_0135-640.jpg
    Beyond vapor spire VV/VW-img_0137-640.jpg

Compared to the Vamo, the Spire has a much higher quality look and feel to it. The metal is brushed sideways, so it turns in your hand quite easily, but it resists sliding out of your hand. The stylish engraving on the back and the copper accents (button and battery cap ring) give it an extra bling factor. While the Vamo's buttons move and rattle around like crazy, the Spire's single button is very well fittet. No rattle there, and a satisfying click when you press and release it.

(Maxed out my attachments - to be continued...)
    speedemon and aikanae1 like this.

(continued)

There's a tiny bit of wiggle between the outer and inner tubes, but like I said before, I think that's inevitable for a telescopic mod. The threads on the telescope are very well finished. I slid it all the way up and down and found no creaks, crunches or snags anywhere. The threads of the top ring and the 510- and eGo-connectors also look and feel very smooth and well crafted, as opposed to those of the Vamo:

Beyond vapor spire VV/VW-img_0139-640.jpg
    Beyond vapor spire VV/VW-img_0143-640.jpg
    Beyond vapor spire VV/VW-img_0143-cropped-640.jpg

The menu is similar to what I've seen on YouTube for the Sigelei:

1. OUT ON/OFF
    2. Volts/Power down
    3. Volts/Power up
    4. Batt voltage
    5. OLED display
    6. OLED ON/OFF
    7. Power/Voltage
    8. RMS/Mean

The mod remembers all your settings when you change the battery, but when you switch between Power and Voltage mode or between RMS and Mean mode, it will switch itself to the lowest setting (3,0V / 3,0W). The range of the device is 3,0 - 6,0 V or 3,0 - 15,0 W

One drawback is that there's no menu item to read out the atomizer's resistance... The only way to check the resistance of your atty is to set "OLED display" to "resistance" and then fire the mod.

I've yet to notice any actual difference between RMS and Mean - except that the distinctive 33.3 "rattlesnake" sound seems to be slightly less present in RMS mode.

All in all, compared to the Vamo V3, the Beyond Vape Spire is definitly a much higher quality mod. Even with its few rough spots, I think it's definitely worth the $100 / €100 that it generally sells for.
    aikanae1 and Crocky like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    So no one knows what the amp limit is on the Spire??? And how is the machining of the atty screws??
    Looks like it's a dolled up Sigelei Zmax to me so my guess would be that it has the same 4amp limit.
    JeremyR likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

meh.. pass
    Bigger the battery, sweeter the juice..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast