Beyond vapor spire VV/VW - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Beyond vapor spire VV/VW

Senior Member Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Nice review. I did a quick post on this when it arrived, but your review is very accurate to my experience. For Canadians, I live near Toronto and I ordered it from Beyond Vape's website on a Thursday and it arrived the following Monday with no customs charges and no CBSA interference (order confidently, although its a $50USD postal charge!) - very good customer experience in shipping for me. I got the $120USD kit and am very happy with it. I think its an excellent deal for a device of this quality and function.

For those concerned about the 33.3 chip, I notice no rattlesnake sound and I have it in RMS mode. I've used it with my Nautilus and my iClear 30B and its been a great experience, good vapor production, fast on the hit, zero tube rattle due to excellent fitment. Bottom cap is very flat so it sits upright easily on the desk. Its shorter than the eVic and with the 18350 is stealthy in those less than friendly places to vape. I don't really have anything bad to say about this unit thus far. So long as you're okay with the 15VW limit, the power is at least more than adequate for how I vape. Took me 15 minutes to master the menu, not rocket science.

Based on what I've read here, it sounds like a Vamo internally but with far better ergonomics and fit and finish. Plus you're supporting an American manufacturer (check in the box for me). I have an eVic and a iTaste 134 and this is now my in coat unit that leaves the house with me. I lean towards tubular mods and clean metalic lines with solid construction, so to me, this is an ideal unit. I would love to see a DNA-20 in this form factor.

Tightening up the lower tube after the battery is in reduces the wiggle considerably - and I am not a fan of telescoping mods but this is comfortable to hold in the average sized hand.

I would love to see a Phil Busardo review on this unit. I'm sure it will get reviewed eventually. A unit of this quality won't go unnoticed for much longer I would think.

EDIT: I did send an email to customer service before shipping, warning them not to include the juice offered in the $120 package as it would get seized - if you order you may want to remind them of that.
    Last edited by Firecrow; 02-11-2014 at 07:28 AM. Reason: grahmmer and spullung.
    Albantar likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

^would you mind measuring the height in 18350 mode please?

Vapemail Stalker Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have to be honest...I don't see anything in particular about this mod that triggers my "gotta have" obsessive compulsive tendency to buy vape gear. At 50 bucks, maybe...at 100 bucks, not so much...

Well, Spike... The Vamo is €40-€50. The Spire is €90-€100. For me, it's definitely worth it thanks to its much greater build quality and better looks.
    The problem with common sense is that it ain't...

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Albantar View Post
    Well, Spike... The Vamo is €40-€50. The Spire is €90-€100. For me, it's definitely worth it thanks to its much greater build quality and better looks.
    Depends on your point of view and personal taste...I was and am only speaking from my point of view and I don't find it attractive enough to buy for 100 bucks regardless of its build quality...YMMV and clearly does...lol
    Firecrow likes this.

Full Member Verified Member mculley47's Avatar

I will have a video review on this in the next week or two. My girlfriend and I have a brand new Youtube channel. We have been accumulating a lot of products that don't have much out there yet. Protovapor XPV, Expromizer, and a bunch of others. These will be professional, well thought out reviews. I will post it on ECF and i lll try to remember to put it in this thread as well when its out.
    Albantar likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Senior Member Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spike64 View Post
    Depends on your point of view and personal taste...I was and am only speaking from my point of view and I don't find it attractive enough to buy for 100 bucks regardless of its build quality...YMMV and clearly does...lol
    LOL. As I did say, YMMV. Just curious what do you find attractive?

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrow View Post
    LOL. As I did say, YMMV. Just curious what do you find attractive?

Nothing in particular.....I just know it when I see it...just as I know when I see a mod that does nothing at all for me...something about the looks of this mod is just "meh" for me...

That's pretty much it...

Well, you can't argue about taste! Besides, the world would be a boring place if everybody liked and hated the same things...
    Spike64 likes this.
    The problem with common sense is that it ain't...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

This might be what I've been looking for. I have a Zmax v5 for over a month now, but already the button is getting a little dodgy (hasn't gotten worse since). I hope this mod takes care of the battery-tightening strains and button issue that the Zmax still seems to have.
    Depending on the reviews I might save up a bit longer for a svoemesto semovar.

kayfun lite+ on asgard DNA30

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast