Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Beyond vapor spire VV/VW

  1. #41
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran JeremyR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,395
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albantar View Post
    My Spire says SI v1.8
    That is what I thought it is a sigelie board. I asked beyond vape if it was a sigelei and they tried to deny it..
    At any rate it is a nice looking v3 and I wonder how they will stand up to thier claimed 1 yr warranty. They would be the only company offering over a 90 day warrantee on the v3 in the us. I guess if you can get it replaced when the button acts up badly or the board shifts it may be close to worth the 100.00. ... Well technically 3 times in one year is really what I expect and then your making out.

    The sigelie v3 is a good pv and I just fix mine myself. But the switch is misfiring heavily after 4 months.. Will be breaking it down again to fix or replace the switch.

    There are sigelei v3's with metal buttons now. The metal button makes no difference. It's the switch they use that's the problem.. Look at my recent posts in the sigelei v3 thread. You'll also find repair tips in that thread too, Starting at post 814 or 864 ?
    Last edited by JeremyR; 03-02-2014 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Fix Switch not button!
    aikanae1, xyanide and VapieDan like this.

    Oddy clone, flash e-vapor clone, stacked Zmax v3, DIY 100vg, 12mg, hangsen tobacco concentrates

  2. #42
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    VapieDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Flint, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
    That is what I thought it is a sigelie board. I asked beyond vape if it was a sigelei and they tried to deny it..
    At any rate it is a nice looking v3 and I wonder how they will stand up to thier claimed 1 yr warranty. They would be the only company offering over a 90 day warrantee on the v3 in the us. I guess if you can get it replaced when the button acts up badly or the board shifts it may be close to worth the 100.00. ... Well technically 3 times in one year is really what I expect and then your making out.

    The sigelie v3 is a good pv and I just fix mine myself. But the switch is misfiring heavily after 4 months.. Will be breaking it down again to fix or replace the button.

    There are sigelei v3's with metal buttons now. The metal button makes no difference. It's the switch they use that's the problem.. Look at my recent posts in the sigelei v3 thread. You'll also find repair tips in that thread too, Starting at post 814 or 864 ?

    It appears they are after a fix for the rattle rather than the switch itself. Too bad.
    Last edited by VapieDan; 03-02-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    JeremyR likes this.

  3. #43
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    xyanide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    304
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VapieDan View Post
    Perhaps that's why the Spire has the metal button. I will say the plastic button looks cheap on the Zmax versions. The tubes are well made. Why cheap it out there? It has made me wonder if they had intended to do a back light on the button at some point.
    The outside of the button tells you absolutely nothing of the actual switch and contacts that are in there. That's just a cover, sigelei could've done the same thing as the Spyre and it would've still performed poorly. That's why I would like to know.

    As an example here's something like sigelei might be using in their Zmax:


    There is often a buckling disc inside that does both the job of making contact and springing back. I know for a fact that you can get these for several lifespan ratings, depending on how often you need to use them. If it's just a button for a PCB prototype like a reset switch, you'll only be using it a few times so it won't have to last.

    I just read other people had button issues with the Spyre. I'll settle with my Zmax for now. I'm really enjoying the performance it gives me, but as soon as I save up some money I think I'll go straight for a semovar or DNA.
    Last edited by xyanide; 03-02-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    JeremyR and VapieDan like this.

    kayfun lite+ on asgard DNA30

  4. #44
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran JeremyR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,395
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Very close to it zyanide. Actually that one looks a little better.

    Here's a photo of my sigelie v3 board. The spire is the same. You can easily shine a small light, phone flash light is great, into the screen and see
    The switch.

    aikanae1, xyanide and VapieDan like this.

    Oddy clone, flash e-vapor clone, stacked Zmax v3, DIY 100vg, 12mg, hangsen tobacco concentrates

  5. #45
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    VapieDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Flint, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
    Very close to it zyanide. Actually that one looks a little better.

    Here's a photo of my sigelie v3 board. The spire is the same. You can easily shine a small light, phone flash light is great, into the screen and see
    The switch.

    Sure wish it was easy to remove this unit. The switch would be rather easy to de-solder and replace.

  6. #46
    Full Member Albantar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Loenen, GLD, NL
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I've had my Spire for a month now, using it almost exclusively (I use a compact 18350 mech mod for "on the go"), and haven't noticed any degradation yet. The button fires like a charm with no rattle and the exterior still looks like new including the engraving.
    VapieDan likes this.
    The problem with common sense is that it ain't...

  7. #47
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    VapieDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Flint, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albantar View Post
    I've had my Spire for a month now, using it almost exclusively (I use a compact 18350 mech mod for "on the go"), and haven't noticed any degradation yet. The button fires like a charm with no rattle and the exterior still looks like new including the engraving.
    I don't think there is any doubt the custom exterior is a great improvement over the factory Sigelei. They look great!

  8. #48
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    85
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Mine reads SI 1.8v

    Well, if there is a switch problem, it has a one year warranty. If the button problem crops up, I expect they will cover it.
    JeremyR likes this.

  9. #49
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran JeremyR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,395
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VapieDan View Post
    Sure wish it was easy to remove this unit. The switch would be rather easy to de-solder and replace.
    It is very easy to pull the board out, especially if you have a heavy stainless steel atty, like an oddy or term. Or drop it and have the top pop loose. This thing is really indestructible. The sigelie v3 thread has it all.. My break down starting at post 813 ..
    VapieDan likes this.

    Oddy clone, flash e-vapor clone, stacked Zmax v3, DIY 100vg, 12mg, hangsen tobacco concentrates

  10. #50
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    VapieDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Flint, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
    It is very easy to pull the board out, especially if you have a heavy stainless steel atty, like an oddy or term. Or drop it and have the top pop loose. This thing is really indestructible. The sigelie v3 thread has it all.. My break down starting at post 813 ..
    If I am lucky this fix will not be needed!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks