Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: looking for a new atty

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default looking for a new atty

Hello ECF friends.
    Ive been a sub ohm dripper for the past year and frankly Im tired of the hassle. Bringing juice with me everywhere I go, having to drip more juice every 10 minutes, making sure my coils are free and clear etc. I think Im looking for a tank style atty, but something that gives me the same vape quality as my Trident (vapor production & flavor). I have tried many genesis style attys in the past and I really dont care for those either. Im basically looking for a tank atty that wicks and vapes like a dripper. I looked at The Killer 705 with the IB Tanked and that seems about right but I just dont know much about them. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you
    Quit smoking 2/23/2013

Full Member Verified Member urvi's Avatar

Have you looked at the kayfun lite plus or russian 91%. Plenty of clone versions of both avaliable. I went from an igo-l to the russian 91% and am more than satisfied.
    Qball6 likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by urvi View Post
    Have you looked at the kayfun lite plus or russian 91%. Plenty of clone versions of both avaliable. I went from an igo-l to the russian 91% and am more than satisfied.
    Do they use mesh style wicks? If so thats a genesis style atty and thats really not what Im looking for. Im looking for something that is built just like a drip atty but has a tank with it. Im not even sure something like that exists yet. But thank you for the reply.
    Quit smoking 2/23/2013

Ultra Member Verified Member Buggainok's Avatar

I don't have any suggestions, but just wanted to say hello. I live just down the way from you, near County Line Rd, but in OKC.
    asf146 likes this.
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have not used the Killer or the Diver v2, but I do have a Sophia. Those are the only 3 I know of. I like the Sophia a lot. It has airflow control and juice flow control. It does use R-NR wire, but ready wire is available from Stormy's Vapor Cellar and Avid Vaper. I use cotton in mine. And it sits in an IBTanked.

I have never dripped so I can not compare it, but the flavor is better than that of a carto tank.
    Last edited by serenity21899; 03-06-2014 at 01:38 AM.

Become a Member of
    CASAA

11-22-12

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The Kayfun is what you are looking for. It builds like a dripper but is a tank system. Should solve all of your problems.
    Salty by nature.

When in doubt look to the Scarlet Fire.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Another vote for the kayfun. I also really like the Aqua.
    Member of the Clan of Carto.

Super Member ECF Veteran cramptholomew's Avatar

I know that feels, regarding dripping. I still drip, but I have both a Kayfun Lite + clone, and an Aqua clone ($20 FastTech version). I use them daily. They're what I bring with me. They're both excellent devices.

I'd say the Aqua more closely resembles a dripper vape. It has a 2ml capacity, which I refill, probably, twice a day. It's really easy to refill. It's a pain in the ..... to build. BUT, once built it's awesome. I'll probably buy another one. I'll probably buy another Kayfun clone too.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tastyjuice View Post
    Im looking for something that is built just like a drip atty but has a tank with it. Im not even sure something like that exists yet. But thank you for the reply.
    It does exist and it's $9.99. Youde IGO-F - 101 Vape

It is ego sized, but I really like it. I don't use it on an Ego battery, but use it on a nemesis. It is a "drip/tank". Top portion you can pull off and direct drip. Just like any other dripper. But neneath that is a very small tank that the wick from the dripper can be put into. It does work as a tank. There's not much capacity, so you do have to fill it. But you don't have to constantly drip like other direct drippers.

The other "drip tank" is the Atmomixani 3D. It's a drip, but there's a tank on top and you press down on mouthpiece to dispense liquid. Real one is pricey, but clones have come out.

And I second everyone else's opinion here...you need a kayfun.
    Last edited by Submaniac; 03-06-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tastyjuice View Post
    Do they use mesh style wicks? If so thats a genesis style atty and thats really not what Im looking for. Im looking for something that is built just like a drip atty but has a tank with it. Im not even sure something like that exists yet. But thank you for the reply.
    No mesh required. I use cotton, but some like to use silica. Either will work.

I got a few clones from Fasttech. All have worked flawlessly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast