26650 Hades Clone (copper, v1, & v2) and Stingray Clone
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 26650 Hades Clone (copper, v1, & v2) and Stingray Clone

  1. #1
    Senior Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    203

    Default 26650 Hades Clone (copper, v1, & v2) and Stingray Clone

    So with the new 26650 clones coming out I have a few questions:

    Hades:
    *Does anyone know which vendors sell them where they come with the magnets for the firing button & spring?
    *Copper Version, I've heard its only going to have a spring firing button? True?
    **How is the throw on it? I spoke to a vendor selling the copper version and he said his real Hades needed an incredibly amount of preasure to push both the spring and magnetic switch.
    *Any worry about the spring wearing out on these? I have stuck mainly to 18650 magnetic firing buttons (Smok Magneto) and after months of abuse...the thing works like a champ!!
    *Does anyone sell the magnets to replace the spring in these...if they don't already come with them?
    -Any other opinions regarding the above would be appreciated. I know the top pin is adjustable..anyone have a problem flushmounting an Igo-W to it? With the Halo Cap I have for my Igo-W.... I'm sticking with this atomizer for awhile (works veryyyy well!..and easy to build on)

    Stingray Close:
    *Is the black copper version really all copper? Kidney puncher has stated they are pretty sure the only thing that is copper is the positive pin and bottom button.
    *How is the button throw on this one?


    I currently like the Hades more because it gives you something to grip onto instead of just a straight tube when pushing the button..but if the throw is still a pain in the ... compared to other mods out there, well I'm leaving my options open for now!

    Thank you everyone for your opinions!! Much appreciated!

  2. #2
    Full Member Verified Member sheishreviews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    birmingham
    Posts
    125

    Default

    The Hades mod is great, I got the mixed brass and ss from fasttech and it worked like an absolute treat until........one of the magnets broke so like you
    I am looking for magnets for the Hades if anyone knows where I can get them?

    Mine only came with the magnets but I believe that the tobeco versions come with both. The version that I got from FT could be pinkie fired but It was more comfortable to fire with say your index or middle finger but the pressure required was spot on for this sized mod. Don't have an igo, been using an Omega and it was working like a treat.

    Don't have the black copper version but just look at the engraving, if that is copper then the rest of the tube is.
    Don't have the black copper but the brass version's throw is great hardly any distance travelled at all. hope this helps and
    yeah

    If anyone knows where to get a magnet or spring for the Hades plz let me know, thanks
    Seylvape85 likes this.
    Video reviews of all things vaping related, click below to go to my channel!


  3. #3
    Senior Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheishreviews View Post
    The Hades mod is great, I got the mixed brass and ss from fasttech and it worked like an absolute treat until........one of the magnets broke so like you
    I am looking for magnets for the Hades if anyone knows where I can get them?

    Mine only came with the magnets but I believe that the tobeco versions come with both. The version that I got from FT could be pinkie fired but It was more comfortable to fire with say your index or middle finger but the pressure required was spot on for this sized mod. Don't have an igo, been using an Omega and it was working like a treat.

    Don't have the black copper version but just look at the engraving, if that is copper then the rest of the tube is.
    Don't have the black copper but the brass version's throw is great hardly any distance travelled at all. hope this helps and
    yeah

    If anyone knows where to get a magnet or spring for the Hades plz let me know, thanks

    Awesome feedback. Thank u very much. Fingers crossed someone can fill us in on where to get the magnets. I've heard the ones for a nemesis work but haven't seen it confirmed or any solid proof yet.

  4. #4
    Full Member Verified Member sheishreviews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    birmingham
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I've just been looking for some as my magnet literally broke 1hr ago, anyway the dimensions of the original magnets are 20mm OD x 13.6mm ID x 2mm depth.

    max you could go on OD is 20mm, min for ID is 13mm (but this would be a tight fit) and the depth I would keep to 2mm

    if all else fails then you could stack these 10 Neodymium Ring Magnets 19/14/1 mm Craft N35 Thin 19mm dia x 14mm dia x 1mm | eBay

    ......and hope for the best, I don't know if stacking would increase the overall strength or not so hopefully someone can help out with that answer.

    Good luck mate.
    Video reviews of all things vaping related, click below to go to my channel!


  5. #5
    Full Member yotrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    CAD
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Hades or Seven22?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheishreviews View Post
    I've just been looking for some as my magnet literally broke 1hr ago, anyway the dimensions of the original magnets are 20mm OD x 13.6mm ID x 2mm depth.

    max you could go on OD is 20mm, min for ID is 13mm (but this would be a tight fit) and the depth I would keep to 2mm

    if all else fails then you could stack these 10 Neodymium Ring Magnets 19/14/1 mm Craft N35 Thin 19mm dia x 14mm dia x 1mm | eBay

    ......and hope for the best, I don't know if stacking would increase the overall strength or not so hopefully someone can help out with that answer.

    Good luck mate.

    Thanks for the link and info!

    I would think the thinner magnets could maybe benefit the throw on it? As long its enough to push the button back down, I wouldn't care since you have the locking ring to use if your going to stand it up on something. I know a lot of people complained about the original magnets being tough to push... maybe the thinner ones would work better I know 1mm is what the nemesis uses.

  7. #7
    Full Member Verified Member sheishreviews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    birmingham
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yotrek View Post
    Hades or Seven22?
    I haven't tried a seven22 because of the gyro mechanism in it, I know that I would just settle on whatever wattage I had on after a while because it can't be changed on the fly.

    If you can deal with that then go for it but remember that the 30 watt china devices are just round the corner. I got the hades purely for the aesthetics and increased battery capacity, apart from the magnets breaking (which can happen with all magnet switches as the magnets are generally thing and not too durable) it is a solid, hard hitting device.
    Video reviews of all things vaping related, click below to go to my channel!


  8. #8
    Full Member Verified Member sheishreviews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    birmingham
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seylvape85 View Post
    Thanks for the link and info!

    I would think the thinner magnets could maybe benefit the throw on it? As long its enough to push the button back down, I wouldn't care since you have the locking ring to use if your going to stand it up on something. I know a lot of people complained about the original magnets being tough to push... maybe the thinner ones would work better I know 1mm is what the nemesis uses.
    I don't think just 2 opposing 1mm magnets would do the job, these are n35 which is on the weaker end of the scale for neodymium magnets, if you could find some that were of a higher strength i.e. n42 or n52 then possibly, I may give them a try out though if I can't find anything else and will possibly try these https://www.fasttech.com/product/1581401 as one hades user has said that these are perfect for the switch.....lastly this thing ways a tonne compared to the nemesis.
    Video reviews of all things vaping related, click below to go to my channel!


  9. #9
    Senior Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheishreviews View Post
    I don't think just 2 opposing 1mm magnets would do the job, these are n35 which is on the weaker end of the scale for neodymium magnets, if you could find some that were of a higher strength i.e. n42 or n52 then possibly, I may give them a try out though if I can't find anything else and will possibly try these https://www.fasttech.com/product/1581401 as one hades user has said that these are perfect for the switch.....lastly this thing ways a tonne compared to the nemesis.

    Just bookmarked it

    You don't think the 21mm will be too wide?

  10. #10
    Full Member Verified Member sheishreviews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    birmingham
    Posts
    125

    Default

    It was my first thought when I saw the spring initially but being a spring, it should be able to condense down to 20mm just by twisting it into the recess on the hades. They're peanuts to buy so I think worth a punt, ill let u know when mine come in but it will more than likely take 3 weeks. If I make any progress with anything else ill let you know and plz let me know if you manage to find anything.
    Video reviews of all things vaping related, click below to go to my channel!


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks