Mad Vapes - BEWARE! - Credit Card stolen for fraud immediately after my first order
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Mad Vapes - BEWARE! - Credit Card stolen for fraud immediately after my first order

Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Exclamation Mad Vapes - BEWARE! - Credit Card stolen for fraud immediately after my first order

I am posting here because I am a new user so I cannot post this in the proper forum.

I recently placed my first order with MADVAPES to get a 510 connector and try some of their Top Vapor E-Juices. It was a small order (about $20.00) and while it was processed and shipped fast, the same day I placed the order, my credit card was used for fraud causing me substantial time getting the charges and fees charged by my bank for charges over my limit. I have not used this card with any other company in over 6 months, so I doubt it was stolen by any other source.

After spending hours, dealing with banks and the companies defrauded by the illegal use of my card, I contacted MADVAPES customer service with a very nice email tellling them what happened and asking them to check their security procedures. No only did they not offer me an apology or express any concern for me at all, they replied with a curt response that I should call my credit card company and cancel the card. After that I have not heard from them.

It goes without saying that I will never order from them again and by the way, all the juice flavors I ordered, Creme Brulee, Caramel Apple and Caramel Popcorn were weak in flavor and vapor production. Also, none of them tasted like the described flavor, they all just tasted like a slightly sweet, week very artificial Caramel. I also ordered Cheesecake which is ok but all their juices have a carbonated bubbliness that should only be present in a juice flavor such as cola or champagne.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yea their caramel apple sucks. Very faint hints of caramel with a whisper of apple that wreaked of artificial flavoring. Nothing good to say about it.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've been using Madvapes for 7 months now and have never had an issue with them. Their orders were always promptly sent, things that went wrong were quickly amended.

That said. I do feel that their customer service is couched in a lawyer-esque speech. While they fixed the issue I had quickly, their reply to my issue was very cold and technical. Other companies I've purchased from have been a bit more personal and less formal.

Also, be aware that there's a lot of internet from Thailand to the USA. Plenty of places for someone to snag your card numbers. I can't believe that Madvapes would use your card to rack up a bunch of money. (Which, by the way, you never mentioned what it was spent on, or how much)

-X
    Setup: ProVari V2.5, MVP2
    Attys: GG Penelope V1, Kayfun Lite + V2, Russian 91%
    Smoke Free since: June 20th, 2011

Super Member ECF Veteran

Siampumpkin, I am sorry you've experienced such aggravation! However, I've used Madvapes for MOST of my ecig purchases for over 19 months and have never had an issue with them or my credit card used. Only once have I had to contact them about an order and they were prompt and replaced the product without a problem. It was a bad battery charger that they have no control over anyway. Their butterscotch juice is the ONLY juice I've used in over 7 months. It is consistent and I LOVE it. Weak? Perhaps that is subjective but it suits MY taste perfectly.

My husband, who never purchases online and seldom in stores, has had his card compromised 2 times in the last 2 years. I am betting the timeline you mention is coincidental. There are lots of crooks who can get your card number with readers or whatever whether you use it or not...just carrying it with you puts you at risk. Just the luck of the draw IMHO.

Good luck with future vaping experiences .

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm sorry about your trouble. Since you and I are the same part in the world (south east asia), why don't you shop in nearer online shop such as healthcabin & heaven gifts. I never had problem with both of them, the shipping are very fast (received in 5-7 from payment), quite cheap too.

Sent from my mind using my fingers.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

More than likely not an issue on Madvapes end my friend. I generally use the on screen keyboard (%SystemRoot%\system32\osk.exe) when entering any CC info. Using this tool rather than keystrokes makes it impossible for a keylogger to grab that information.

Full Member Verified Member

Good advice.
    Did not know that.

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Run a good anti-virus package and download Malwarebytes and pay the $24 for a life time license. This enables the real time protection package. You were probably infected with a keylogger or some other malware and possibly redirected during your link to Madvapes and your keystrokes were intercepted.

I'd definitely run at least a weekly scan and use good real time malware detection on your computer. I'm thinking that you will find all sorts of offending software when you do that. Run it in Safe Mode.
    Sgt. Pepper and Killjoy1 like this.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Since on screen keyboards were being captured by keyloggers 5-1/2 years ago (Help - Outsmarting Keyloggers Tips, Solutions & How Tos | PCMag.com, "I tried it with a number of the commercial keyloggers that I use in antispyware testing, and it was no help at all: The simulated keystrokes were captured just as actual keystrokes would be.") I wouldn't put too much faith in them.
    Sgt. Pepper, pwyll and SubSplat like this.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Use a form filler like LastPass. Just be sure your machine is clean prior to setting up your CC info. As for MV, I have been using them for over a year and a half with NO problems, so the CC issue is on your end my friend. Good luck in the future...
    meh.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast