My Vapor Store - What is this garbage? Never again.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My Vapor Store - What is this garbage? Never again.

Full Member ECF Veteran FlossBandit's Avatar

Default My Vapor Store - What is this garbage? Never again.

My replacement eGo twist came in the mail a few minutes. What a joke. Where the Joyetech logo was engraved on the end before there is a "MVS". What the hell?

It's like buying Nikes online and they show up saying "Shoe Department" on the side instead of having a check. Nobody wants that trash.

It's in no way modded (other than this) and they apparently just want me to be a walking advertisement for their ....ty store.

To top it off it wasn't charged at all.

I normally buy from Altsmoke, Vapin in the Cape, and Dragonfly but they were all out of 650mAh's in stainless steel.

The twist is a great product and I'll get over it but right now I'm extremely disappointed. Will never buy from them again.
    BillyTheWild likes this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Many stores have their logo on items they sell. But if you have an issue it would be better to put it in the reviews section where the vendor can reply instead of here where they can't.

As far as the charging, many shops don't send batteries out charged. There could be lots of reasons for this including if they take the time to charge it, it may make it ship a day or so later. Personally I would rather get an order and have to charge it myself, then wait an extra day or two for it to arrive just so it might still have a partial charge to it.

Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur!!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Shipping a charged battery is a fire risk. I've never heard of any company that ships charged devices.

Vaping since: a while
    Cigarettes avoided: lots
    Money saved: probably not
    Devices: Yes
    (insert crappy graphic and vendor logo here)
    fdx man likes this.
    Sent from my T.A.R.D.I.S using K9 Forum Interaction Protocol #23.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This is exactly the same product. It will perform exactly the same. I doubt that strangers will want to check the bottom of your Twist to see the logo.

Companies that place large orders are allowed the option of having their company logo placed on the batteries. Small vendors are not allowed that option.

However, you are allowed to choose which vendor you buy from, so whichever makes you happiest is the best.

My Hobby is my Hobie !
    (Mirage Tandem Island)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Shipping a charged battery is a fire risk. I've never heard of any company that ships charged devices.
    I agree. I think it's unusual that this industry usually ships charged batteries. I thought there was a regulation against it.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SolemnPenguin View Post
    I agree. I think it's unusual that this industry usually ships charged batteries. I thought there was a regulation against it.
    I have heard of a some places that do ship them charged. Tho personally I do agree it is a hazard.

Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur!!

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

They all come from the same factory, so unless you are a brandwhore (no offense) ,... they are all the same.
    However, if the vendor's site says "Genuine JoyeTech" and sent you a MVS branded item... Go ahead and send it back and get a refund... that would be "bait and switch". But if it just said "EGO" ... then you got what you ordered.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

'sup,you have a custom mod for $20 and complaining?

Just pulling your tail

I have purchased many items that contain a rechargeable battery and most still contain a minimal charge. The instructions, regardlesss of the product, tell you to initially charge them for XXX hours before use. The small amounts left in from the factory may relate to testing.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NancyR View Post
    As far as the charging, many shops don't send batteries out charged. There could be lots of reasons for this including if they take the time to charge it, it may make it ship a day or so later. Personally I would rather get an order and have to charge it myself, then wait an extra day or two for it to arrive just so it might still have a partial charge to it.
    I bought 2 1000mah eGo Twists, one from Vapors-Choice and one from Good Prophets, both were Genuine Joyetech eGos and both arrived full charged.
    Last edited by Underwhelmed; 07-23-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: posted wrong vendor, dohh
    Expert textpert choking smokers
    Don't you think the joker laughs at you?
    Last cigarette smoked 04/11/2012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast