I joined this forum for this post--TW Review - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: I joined this forum for this post--TW Review

  1. #11
    Super Member ECF Veteran portguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjujju View Post
    I've had poor customer service experience with TW also. Nothing turned out *terrible* but communication was like pulling teeth and I'm hesitant to order from them again due to their comparatively high prices, poor communication, and resistance to fixing problems.

    The OP should be compensated in some way for the aggravation. It's very hard to ask for this, for me at least, and I'm not sure there is a completely tactful way to do it. When I was running my own business, when I messed something up or something happened to my shipment/product/etc. and a customer notified me, I ALWAYS either gave them a partial/shipping refund and/or a little goodie. People like to feel appreciated and like to feel their complaints are heard and CARED for.
    You are so right. That is why really good products/companies don't need advertising. They "just" deliver quality.
    Main Hardware: GGTS * Buzz Varivolt * Screwdriver MKI *
    Main OS: Tasty Vapor
    He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
    Douglas Adams

  2. #12
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Delhi, LA USA
    Posts
    1,961
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I thought on their site they had online answers to emails. I have asked questions and immediately received a response. I don't understand why they don't answer emails. Sometimes it says they are not onliine but a large percentage of the time they are available.

    I have ordered from them numerous times but I have never had an order to get mixed up or any products that were defective.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrick View Post
    I understand your frustration. At the same time, your exchanges with them sure sound a lot like, "You better send me some free stuff, or I'm leaving." Why, after only an order or two, do you feel that you are entitled to free stuff? Do you get free stuff from Walmart if you take something back because it didn't fit as you thought it would?
    Well I would include the transcript of the phone calls (I was not demanding on the phone, more like "Oh no, let's fix this together!"). I work in customer service. When someone asks for something and you give them something else, the onus is on you to not only replace and give them what they really wanted, but to SHOW them that you are sorry for the mistake. Not by saying sorry, but by offering free coupons or something of the sort. Ever been bumped from First Class? You get flight coupons. Have they ever messed up your drink at Starbucks? You get a free "customer recovery" coupon. I value my time, if I didn't I probably wouldn't have been so demanding. Maybe it's because I'm so adjusted to walking into a convenience store and leaving 5 bucks for a pack.

    Also, Walmart has a no returns policy on opened stuff because all their stuff is such low quality. You know what you're paying for. TW bills themself as a supplier of "quality". If they don't deliver on that promise, it's false advertising plain and simple. I even had a little internal moral quarrel, I am planning on buying a PCC in the future, so I was soooo very tempted to just keep the one they sent me, but I sent in back in good faith hoping they would repair the relationship.

    So maybe my own ideas of what a good company should do are creating a sense of entitlement in me. But I've learned over the years that saying thank you and hoping they will anticipate/meet your needs/hopes/expectations NEVER leaves you satisfied. I am upfront about my expectations because in my experience, if you aren't, no one else cares.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrick View Post
    As a means of clarification, let me say this:

    I, too, think the OP should be given some compensation for the messed up orders and the delays he experienced. My issue was more with the sense of him demanding something for free, as if it was owed to him. And, I also take issue with the phrase, "you can afford it."
    How does the OP know?

    Bottom line: The OP should receive something for his trouble and aggravation. I just think the demands for something free could have been handled with more tact.

    Sherrick
    I respectfully disagree.

    I own a janitorial business that services both residential and commercial clients. If our job isn't done right, you better believe that I'll make up for it somehow. I'll come back ASAP, fix the job and throw in something extra, to apologize for the hassle. Whether it's an extra service, a gift card, a bouquet of flowers... if that's what it takes to rectify my mistake, I'm happy to do it. If a customer tells me that they expect something, I appreciate it. They let me know what I need to do to prove that I deserve their business. And, you bet I can afford to do something extra to satisfy a customer. What I can't afford is to lose their business.

  5. #15
    Full Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Roseville,ca
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I recently returned a $170 order back to TW as it was someone elses and sent to me by mistake, ok minus the 5pack of 510 attys which I cut a check for. The invoice had the true recipients email so I sent them a heads up. TW responded to my email and sent me a paid shipping label as well as my order express mail. The process went fairly smooth really but that kindof sucks to see that it is not as rare as it should be.

  6. #16
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Blackwater, Kentucky USA
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solnishko View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

    I own a janitorial business that services both residential and commercial clients. If our job isn't done right, you better believe that I'll make up for it somehow. I'll come back ASAP, fix the job and throw in something extra, to apologize for the hassle. Whether it's an extra service, a gift card, a bouquet of flowers... if that's what it takes to rectify my mistake, I'm happy to do it. If a customer tells me that they expect something, I appreciate it. They let me know what I need to do to prove that I deserve their business. And, you bet I can afford to do something extra to satisfy a customer. What I can't afford is to lose their business.
    I can see your point. Perhaps my perspective is different because in my business, people pay me for what I know more than for what I do. I fix computers. I would say on average, I get 50 phone calls a day from people who don't want to bring their computers in for me to look at and fix, but they want me to talk them through how to fix any number of problems over the phone.

    I constantly hear, "It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." So, can I afford to continue to give away this free service, even to customers who come back to me when things are particularly bad? No, I can't. It looks easy when I do it because I've spent the last 25+ years beating my head against the damn things all day long, every day. So, because I have the knowledge and they don't, and because it looks easy, and because it is not "goods" that I sell, but my own intellectual skills, it seems to have no value.

    "It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." Yeah, well feeding my family looks easy too, as well as keeping two boys in college and finding appropriate medical and therapeutic services for my severely autistic youngest son. It looks easy. From the outside. It doesn't look or feel quite so easy when my wife and I are doing it, though.

    So, again, because the product I provide isn't a product at all many times, perhaps my viewpoint is somewhat skewed. I take care of my good customers, you bet I do. At the same time, I would hesitate to tell any other business owner what they can or cannot afford to do. Especially in this economy.

  7. #17
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    sanfordf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern San Diego county
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrick View Post
    I can see your point. Perhaps my perspective is different because in my business, people pay me for what I know more than for what I do. I fix computers. I would say on average, I get 50 phone calls a day from people who don't want to bring their computers in for me to look at and fix, but they want me to talk them through how to fix any number of problems over the phone.

    I constantly hear, "It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." So, can I afford to continue to give away this free service, even to customers who come back to me when things are particularly bad? No, I can't. It looks easy when I do it because I've spent the last 25+ years beating my head against the damn things all day long, every day. So, because I have the knowledge and they don't, and because it looks easy, and because it is not "goods" that I sell, but my own intellectual skills, it seems to have no value.

    "It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." Yeah, well feeding my family looks easy too, as well as keeping two boys in college and finding appropriate medical and therapeutic services for my severely autistic youngest son. It looks easy. From the outside. It doesn't look or feel quite so easy when my wife and I are doing it, though.

    So, again, because the product I provide isn't a product at all many times, perhaps my viewpoint is somewhat skewed. I take care of my good customers, you bet I do. At the same time, I would hesitate to tell any other business owner what they can or cannot afford to do. Especially in this economy.
    The good ones always make it look easy.
    Gear: EGOs, Go-Gos, Indulgences, E-Power, Lava Tube, GGTB & ELIPS Mix. Thanks to: ECF, MadVapes, Totally Wicked, Nhaler, Vapor Kings, GreenHouseOne, EastMall, Healthcabin, GotVapes, LorAnns & XtremeVaping.

  8. #18
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Blackwater, Kentucky USA
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordf View Post
    The good ones always make it look easy.
    Thank you, very much. I kind'a needed that...

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrick View Post
    I can see your point. Perhaps my perspective is different because in my business, people pay me for what I know more than for what I do. I fix computers. I would say on average, I get 50 phone calls a day from people who don't want to bring their computers in for me to look at and fix, but they want me to talk them through how to fix any number of problems over the phone.

    I constantly hear, "It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." So, can I afford to continue to give away this free service, even to customers who come back to me when things are particularly bad? No, I can't. It looks easy when I do it because I've spent the last 25+ years beating my head against the damn things all day long, every day. So, because I have the knowledge and they don't, and because it looks easy, and because it is not "goods" that I sell, but my own intellectual skills, it seems to have no value.

    "It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." Yeah, well feeding my family looks easy too, as well as keeping two boys in college and finding appropriate medical and therapeutic services for my severely autistic youngest son. It looks easy. From the outside. It doesn't look or feel quite so easy when my wife and I are doing it, though.

    So, again, because the product I provide isn't a product at all many times, perhaps my viewpoint is somewhat skewed. I take care of my good customers, you bet I do. At the same time, I would hesitate to tell any other business owner what they can or cannot afford to do. Especially in this economy.
    I totally get where you're coming from. I've had a few people ask for free "trial cleanings" and take a pass on their business every time. I don't work for free and don't expect anyone else to. I was also a freelance multimedia developer and I lost count of the people and companies that expected me to produce work and, if they liked it, they'd pay for it. Uh, no. My time has value.

    But, from the perspective of a business who relies on repeat customers, it makes sense to spend a few bucks, to make sure that a dissatisfied customer comes back. If I charge a client $175 per cleaning and have to spend $25 to make sure that they continue to spend that money with me, it's worth it. That $25 will translate into profit very easily and, more than likely, it'll translate into referrals, when that client tells their friends about the incident.

    If a customer feels like they need to make their expectations known, I appreciate it. It's my choice whether to do what they want and keep their business or decline and cut them loose.

  10. #20
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrick View Post
    I can see your point. Perhaps my perspective is different because in my business, people pay me for what I know more than for what I do. I fix computers. I would say on average, I get 50 phone calls a day from people who don't want to bring their computers in for me to look at and fix, but they want me to talk them through how to fix any number of problems over the phone.

    I constantly hear, "It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." So, can I afford to continue to give away this free service, even to customers who come back to me when things are particularly bad? No, I can't. It looks easy when I do it because I've spent the last 25+ years beating my head against the damn things all day long, every day. So, because I have the knowledge and they don't, and because it looks easy, and because it is not "goods" that I sell, but my own intellectual skills, it seems to have no value.

    "It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." Yeah, well feeding my family looks easy too, as well as keeping two boys in college and finding appropriate medical and therapeutic services for my severely autistic youngest son. It looks easy. From the outside. It doesn't look or feel quite so easy when my wife and I are doing it, though.

    So, again, because the product I provide isn't a product at all many times, perhaps my viewpoint is somewhat skewed. I take care of my good customers, you bet I do. At the same time, I would hesitate to tell any other business owner what they can or cannot afford to do. Especially in this economy.
    I can fully appreciate this, and completely empathize. In my particular neck of the woods, I happen to be the only person "good" with PC's, and have people ask my ALL the time to look at, fix, help them with their computers. Now, since computers are my passion, I USUALLY have no problems with it, especially if it'll only take me a few minutes to fix/describe the fix, but it's almost insulting that no one EVER thinks to reimburse me in any way for my time. Just because I love computers and everything computer related and have spent the last 15 years of my life learning everything I can about them doesn't mean I'm not without bills/kids to feed/a family to support, and also doesn't mean that I'm unwilling to accept a bit of financial restitution for my time or some other form of "payment". I really can't bring myself to ask....but maybe I should start.

    I don't think your "expectations" were off base in the slightest.

    The good ones always make it look easy.
    I couldn't have said it any better myself

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks