A big problem? :[
Hey guys, basically, something weird happened today. Only a few days ago, I got my Ion in the mail, and I charged it up (I put the USB charger into my USB-to-Wall Ipone adaptor - hope that's ok, I had to because my computer wasn't working at the time) and everything worked great. Upon full charge, I screwed my first cartomizer in. The cartomizer had a clear cappucino taste, and the vapor had no ill aftertastes. Good stuff. However, today, the e-cig suddenly stopped producing vapor and the battery blinked - figured the battery needed another charge. So I unscrewed my cartomizer, left it laying on the countertop, and charged my battery (using the USB charger pluged into the iphone USB-to-Wall adaptor, again). During this process, I had to unplug it mid-charge because I had to plug something else up, and then I let it charge a couple hours later until the light turned green. I screw my cartomizer back in (which, even when the battery died, still had an amazing taste and produced tons of vapor, so I didn't think it would be dry) and the very first puff I took tasted like I was inhaling burnt metal!!!
I just don't see how a cartomizer turned on me in just one puff's difference! However, I threw it up to chance, and tried the other 4 cartomizers in my pack out. One after one, none of them tasted at all like cappucino or any flavor, and while none of them had the extremely strong burnt metal taste, they tasted like nothing and indeed left a weird aftertaste in my mouth (traces of the burnt metal?) I know that all the cartomizers can't be faulty, so I figure that somehow, my battery is maybe over-powering the cartomizers (maybe that iphone USB charger sent too much voltage into the e-cig charger, it then sending too much voltage into the battery?). Another thing to note is that all of the cartomizers are now heating up upon puffing, and I didn't note that at all with the firs t cartomizer (which worked perfectly before my first real batter charge-up.) Another thing to note is that my battery is extremely sensitive - it turns on if I tap it with my finger with no cartomizer in, it turns on when i screw it into the charger, ect ect. I don't know if this could damage the charger or if this is normal.
Any idea what might be happening?! I'm very sad, I was very satisfied up until now!!
Last edited by MJTP; 06-15-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Yea please only use the chargers we provide. IPhone uses their own proprietary chargers. Have you ever tried to plug your iPhone cord into a regular USB wall plug? It usually doesn't work. I'm not sure if the volts are different but the safest bet is to stick with the provided equipment. If your computer is down you can charge the USB charger in the wall plug that comes with the kit. If you got the sampler kit, which I believe you did, you don't have that. But you can get one. Just contact our CS email or number and they will walk you through this and remedy any and all issues.
The auto batts can sometimes be picky. That's why we recommend manual batts 95% of the time. It won't damage the battery but leave the cartomizer slightly unscrewed if that happens so your liquid doesn't get used up without you.