Bad Tasting Atties

Thread: Bad Tasting Atties

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Bad Tasting Atties

What is the normal lifespan of an RN4072 atty? How do you know when to replace it?

I use two atties on a daily basis - one for each of my two favorite flavors. After three weeks, they start to taste bad - like burnt plastic. They still vape just fine. I just can't stand the taste. I tried cleaning them with coke, everclear and crest pro. That gets me about one extra cart's worth of vaping, then it tastes bad again.

It's weird, because my first set of atties did this after three weeks too. I'm wondering if this is their normal life span. I thought atties were done for when they quit producing vapor. I have never heard of this taste problem.

I like the RN4072 better than my Blucig, for many reasons - but Blu atties last forever. I have some that are six months old and still good as new. I think it would get expensive replacing atomizers all the time, and the reason I am vaping instead of smoking is to save money.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

~A

Edited to add: I use mostly Dekang juice and occasionally My Freedom Smokes or DIY Flavor Shack juices with a few drops of Flavor Art flavors.
    Last edited by angelique510; 06-01-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

What filler are you using in the carts? When it comes to cleaning atomisers, I tend to wash them once, dry/cook/destroy gunk with several long burns and wash/dry again.

That said, I don't do this unless I really have to, I go months between cleans.

ECF Veteran

I'm using blue foam. It's the only thing I have found that doesn't leak.

~A

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'll have to try some of your guys cleaning methods,I've yet to bring an atty back to life by washing it.
    How long? Not long, because what you reap is what you sow.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Does it happen with liquids from another supplier? I use 510 attys, but I don't get a bad taste unless I forget to fill up the cart.

ECF Veteran

It happens no matter what I use. Almost like clockwork - three weeks and icky atty.

~A

Super Member ECF Veteran

There is a burn/clean method like I described earlier, listed in detail around these parts. I think it was posted by a member called 'highping'. If you do a search, you can try it out and see if it helps you shift the much in one.

Here it is: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ml#post1032570

Very similar to what I do, but well written.
    Last edited by Grenage; 06-01-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Ditto what Grenage said. That method works wonders!