Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: E-cig deaths?

Senior Member Verified Member

Default E-cig deaths?

So my dad has been convinced by some ignorant intern from NP (a smoker) that there have been already 3 e-cig related deaths. I've been reading and doing research for months now and all i came across was the guy that modified his cheap mech mod causing it explode in his mouth (yet he didnt die). Another one was where a doctor blatantly linked the death of a man in the UK to his use of e-cigs claiming that "there were oils found in his lung". Apart from the fact that he is probably finding excuses to not quit smoking, is there something im missing out?

Are there actually other cases of e-cig related deaths?

It's bad enough the WHO and local garment is spreading unnecessary and false negative propaganda about e-cigs, now we have smokers doing the same. This is something we need to be aware of and play our part in properly educating friends and loved ones.
    RosaJ likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am sure there are more Cigs deaths than ecig deaths.

That is all that i am concerned about.
    MrPicC and knight_ like this.

Seriously, I am not surprise if there is such death related to E-cigg. Only the number and cause is a concern. Afterall, there are cancer causing agent( about 8) in e-cigg that cannot be denied.
    Depending on which side of the fence you are standing. It is not wise for non-smoker to pick up vaping, just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by smokie99 View Post
    Seriously, I am not surprise if there is such death related to E-cigg. Only the number and cause is a concern. Afterall, there are cancer causing agent( about 8) in e-cigg that cannot be denied.
    Depending on which side of the fence you are standing. It is not wise for non-smoker to pick up vaping, just my thought.
    agree with u.. at least we manage to change of analog to e-cigg, this will be healthier but doesnt mean that we will be as healthier as non smoker. we are just comparing it with analog smoker.
    most importantly, there isnt 2nd hand smoker or should i say lesser 2nd hand smoker.

Double Post.
    sorry.
    Last edited by 78aukab; 04-22-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: double post

What i'm really trying to say is that there are people out there convincing the public that e-cigs are worse than analogs and we should try our best to educate them on the truth.

Oh and i think he meant freak deaths (kinda like exploding batteries from china) instead of long term effects.

We vapers know no doubt that e-cigs are not 100% safe, they are only a tobacco harm reduction alternative.

But our beloved friends and family don't, and we should do our best to create awareness.

double post. smth wrong with the forum?

✰ S.T.A.R ✰ Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Smoking analog confirm proven kill lives. And why aren't anyone doing anything to stop it (except Bhutan with tobacco control act).. All about $$. I think when they find a way to tax ecig and juice they surely welcome vaping -.-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Do not go where the path may lead,
    Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail ...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lim Peh Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

When I come across an ignorant fool I do not argue with them, they will beat you hands down with their vast experience.
    dwsp77, invisibl3, TheBoom and 1 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Domtine View Post
    When I come across an ignorant fool I do not argue with them, they will beat you hands down with their vast experience.
    knight_ likes this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast