Hello! How's everybody? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hello! How's everybody?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

LOL, I shudder to think of how much money I've spent buying different flavors narrowing down what I like. I'm pretty satisfied with my favorites currently, but I know it would be more cost effective to make my own once I developed a recipe I liked. I just don't know if I'm ready to invest in all of the different flavorings it would take to research it. Like I said above, I wouldn't have a clue on the subtle background tastes like cocoa, licorice etc.
    Lady J likes this.
    I'm no rocket surgeon...

Super Member ECF Veteran Lady J's Avatar

quasimod, I was a PAD Camel Light smoker. So far my "favorites" are Halo Tiki Juice, Halo Tribeca, and Flux Triple Orange. However, when I get into a "must chain smoke now" mood, I've found myself reaching for the (just received 2 days ago) SmokeStik with a menthol carto. So weird.

Like kazz, DIY interests me for cost reasons. Also, my Triple Orange needs more orange. and a touch of mint. (I accidentally used it first on a used carto that had been used with Menthol Ice, and boy howdy, that was tasty)
    Last edited by Lady J; 12-02-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: woot! 100th post!!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran quasimod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What is your favorite flavor, and at what nic strength? There may be a single flavoring for it. For example, Flue-cured tobacco, DK-TAB, 555, etc., can all be found as concentrated flavorings. All you need is a bottle of, say, Flue-Cured flavor, some high-nic base, and enough PG and/or VG to add to it. You'll also need some way to measure it, empty bottles & etc., safety gear (gloves & glasses), and a safe place to mix and store the high-nic away from kids and pets. If you really want to do it, I'll walk you through. It's not rocket surgery

I can't find the DIY juice section any more, wonder where it went..?

EDIT: Doh! Just realized you told me in the prev. post. I'm on my phone, so I miss stuff.
    Last edited by quasimod; 12-02-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Stuff like tiki flavor may be hard to duplicate, but you may find something you like better in the process. Lots of people who did not like menthol cigarettes find that they LOVE menthol vape. Menthol drops are cheap and easy to make and use, and is also available as pre-made drops.

Blog Entries

Just found the DIY section:
    DIY E-Liquid

I can see where it might be a bit overwhelming at first. Like I said, I'll walk you guys through it, if you want.

Super Member ECF Veteran Lady J's Avatar

That's awesome info, thank you. I still have to figure out what I want, and how to fund it... and what kind of "lab" space I can find. Tiki is a bit uhm, complex I guess. I probably will just stick with buying it. I've got to start a list. I like the 12mg nic, but can do anywhere from 6 to 18. I glanced at the DIY e-liquid section, but now I plan to do heavy reading.

I feel goofy, as part of why I want to DIY is because I miss my old chemistry set

Blog Entries

I'm on the road all the time, so I have 2 "Labs". At home, it's a toolbox that I keep shoved under my computer table. For on the road, I use a "Tactical Utility Bag" (it's not a purse, dangit!).
    Lady J and Tasselhoff like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by quasimod View Post
    What is your favorite flavor, and at what nic strength? There may be a single flavoring for it. For example, Flue-cured tobacco, DK-TAB, 555, etc., can all be found as concentrated flavorings. All you need is a bottle of, say, Flue-Cured flavor, some high-nic base, and enough PG and/or VG to add to it. You'll also need some way to measure it, empty bottles & etc., safety gear (gloves & glasses), and a safe place to mix and store the high-nic away from kids and pets. If you really want to do it, I'll walk you through. It's not rocket surgery
    LOL, you know that you are the first person to comment on my signature?

I'm primarily a tobacco flavor type of guy. My favorites are Sweet Caroline and Carolina Sunset from IVape.net. Caroline is definitely a honey cured, but I don't have a clue about the Sunset. Others that I switch to occasionally are Bounty Hunter and Casablanca. I like some of PrimeVaping's juices, but believe they are extracted tobacco flavors.

I get the measuring supplies and gloves, but are the glasses for splash protection or does high nic juice give off vapors?
    I'm no rocket surgeon...

Blog Entries

Splash. Some go for full face shield, but if your preferred nic level is only 6 or 8 mg, there is zero reason for you to work with very high concentra. You will probably get some in your eye sooner or later, and the higher the nic content the more it stings. Usually it gets transferred to your eye via a finger you forgot to rinse. 36 mg burns like crazy, LOL!

Thanks for the help. Got my banner. Lol. Been a real roller coaster of a weekend. Glad I had my PV w/ me. I've decided not to call them e-cigs...cigarette just has such an evil connotation, you know? So it is my Personal Vaporizer.
    One more week until graduation, thank goodness, then I can start putting my real life back together...whatever that's going to mean.
    Lady J likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast